North East Buses

Full Version: Ferry Suggestion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As boats are more adaptable than trains, can alter course when necessary, and don't need complicated diagrams to operate. I thought we could have a suggestion thread for ferries to carry over some of the lunacy we witness in the suggestion threads of the big three bus operators in the region.

If some some of the weirs were flattened; the River Team widened; and some sort of harbouring facilities constructed near  Queensway North and Fifth Aveneue on tbe Team Valley (the Gateshead one, not the ones located in either Sunderland or Newcastle); then I think its would be possible to start a clipper service between Team Valley and North Shields with additional stops at Dunston Staithes, the Quayside, Bill Quay, Walker, Wallsend, Jarrow, Royal Quays, Tyne Dock and South Shields.

Boats would run every 6 minutes with a PVR of goodness knows.
(01 Jan 2022, 4:32 pm)MurdnunoC Wrote: [ -> ]As boats are more adaptable than trains, can alter course when necessary, and don't need complicated diagrams to operate. I thought we could have a suggestion thread for ferries to carry over some of the lunacy we witness in the suggestion threads of the big three bus operators in the region.

If some some of the weirs were flattened; the River Team widened; and some sort of harbouring facilities constructed near  Queensway North and Fifth Avenue on the Team Valley (the Gateshead one, not the ones located in either Sunderland or Newcastle); then I think its would be possible to start a clipper service between Team Valley and North Shields with additional stops at Dunston Staithes, the Quayside, Bill Quay, Walker, Wallsend, Jarrow, Royal Quays, Tyne Dock and South Shields.

Boats would run every 6 minutes with a PVR of goodness knows.
I really cant believe you've made this thread but time for the bombshell, the reason why Go North East has scrapped the X9 and is only running the X10 once an hour is because of the soon to launch Luxury X-Lines Yacht service from Middlesbrough to Newcastle calling at Hartlepool and Sunderland before docking at Newcastle Quayside for a guaranteed timed connection to the Q3 service to get you up to town.
The ultimate in luxury connections with a range of 600NM and a cruising speed of 28 KNOTS you will sail between the Tyne and Tees in no time, No traffic delays, no diversions and no roadworks to contend with the future in connecting the north east is finally here! Don't Drive, Get Sailing!
I'd say a system similar to Uber Boat, or previously Thames Clipper, in London, would be beneficial. Perhaps starting off in Blaydon with step-free access from the rail station, stopping at Riverside by the GNE depot for Handy access to the MetroCenter, Dunston Staithes, Swing Bridge, Millennium Bridge then running to Ouseburn then fast to DFDS at North Shields as a humble opponent to the 327. Prices start at £7

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
(01 Jan 2022, 7:07 pm)N1cholas Wrote: [ -> ]I really cant believe you've made this thread but time for the bombshell, the reason why Go North East has scrapped the X9 and is only running the X10 once an hour is because of the soon to launch Luxury X-Lines Yacht service from Middlesbrough to Newcastle calling at Hartlepool and Sunderland before docking at Newcastle Quayside for a guaranteed timed connection to the Q3 service to get you up to town.
The ultimate in luxury connections with a range of 600NM and a cruising speed of 28 KNOTS you will sail between the Tyne and Tees in no time, No traffic delays, no diversions and no roadworks to contend with the future in connecting the north east is finally here! Don't Drive, Get Sailing!

That would look great in X-Lines colours. Which depot would it be allocated to though? I'd suggest moving the 6336-40 from Consett to Hexham and painting them blue and pink, that way you'd have space in Consett to store it and the yacht could even interwork with the 78/78a on Evenings and Sundays.
(01 Jan 2022, 7:41 pm)MurdnunoC Wrote: [ -> ]That would look great in X-Lines colours. Which depot would it be allocated to though? I'd suggest moving the 6336-40 from Consett to Hexham and painting them blue and pink, that way you'd have space in Consett to store it and the yacht could even interwork with the 78/78a on Evenings and Sundays.
Riverside of course, a new dock is to be built at riverside with mandela way re routed into a tunnel under the new water way link for secure storage and for to be cleaned and stocked with Metro newspapers each morning, no good popping it onto the 78/78A as it would struggle with the turn from chester road onto rose crescent into bournmoor as it is quite tight [size=1]
28 KNOTS 
[/size]
(01 Jan 2022, 7:24 pm)northern156 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say a system similar to Uber Boat, or previously Thames Clipper, in London, would be beneficial. Perhaps starting off in Blaydon with step-free access from the rail station, stopping at Riverside by the GNE depot for Handy access to the MetroCenter, Dunston Staithes, Swing Bridge, Millennium Bridge then running to Ouseburn then fast to DFDS at North Shields as a humble opponent to the 327. Prices start at £7

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Suggested this in the past. Would certainly stop the constant cries for bus lanes and priority measures! Unless it gets in the way of the Shields ferry and the King of Scandinavia. 
Then there'd be dummy spitting, river priority measures and all sorts of subsidies being demanded!