North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read on my local facebook page that due to low demand GNE are scrapping the 28a 28b and 29 Completely. Obviously you would hope Nexus would step in but isnt that nice of CNE possible leaving a village isolated!
(13 May 2022, 4:45 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Just read on my local facebook page that due to low demand GNE are scrapping the 28a 28b and 29 Completely. Obviously you would hope Nexus would step in but isnt that nice of CNE possible leaving a village isolated!
Wow. 

Kimblesworth has been decimated of frequency since 2019/20.
think its gateshead turn after north tynside last month ( or month before). Thing is thats just for them.... i can imagine other services that go through gateshead into durham that make no money for the chop too..... 25? 28? see loads of 51/51 and 82/94 carrying fresh air. also the 49a that leave from gatehsead on an evening when I'm there at round 745 never has many on. could be major cull.
(13 May 2022, 5:02 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]think its gateshead turn after north tynside last month ( or month before).  Thing is thats just for them.... i can imagine other services that go through gateshead into durham that make no money for the chop too..... 25? 28?  see loads of 51/51 and 82/94 carrying fresh air. also the 49a that leave from gatehsead on an evening when I'm there at round 745 never has many on.  could be major cull.
oh Yeah 93/94 during the day aswell, i did a full loop of the 93/94 and only about 8 people got on. This was about 1pm. 

I reckon July will be the final service cuts to trim the routes which don't make money.
(13 May 2022, 5:02 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]think its gateshead turn after north tynside last month ( or month before).  Thing is thats just for them.... i can imagine other services that go through gateshead into durham that make no money for the chop too..... 25? 28?  see loads of 51/51 and 82/94 carrying fresh air. also the 49a that leave from gatehsead on an evening when I'm there at round 745 never has many on.  could be major cull.

This is where Go North East should look at some of my most recent suggestions within the service suggestions thread in order to make our regions services more sustainable in the long term.

This week I went out just for a ride about and used the 47A from Consett Number One to Ebchester then got on the X45 from Ebchester to Newcastle as it was quicker than getting the bus into Consett then back out again and neither of those other than at peak times justify the use of a Double Decker, when I got off the 47A at Ebchester the driver was only person left on board, the X45 had nobody sat downstaires when I got on however there was 2/3 upstairs and it picked up a further 11 passengers on route to Newcastle with 50% of those getting on at MetroCentre.

The likes of the 58/93/94 are the same in which they carry fresh air however the majority of the double deckers on these routes in recent years have aided the withdrawal of older single deckers from the fleet.
Surprised there's gonna be cuts when the government are still giving out cash to companies - sure this was the reason why Sunderland's didn't go ahead... unless they're also in July - so all the changes are together?
70 days notice to NEXUS would be this weekend for what it's worth
Another example of why privatised public services don't work.
(13 May 2022, 4:57 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Wow. 

Kimblesworth has been decimated of frequency since 2019/20.

Kibblesworth, not Kimblesworth.
(13 May 2022, 5:50 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Another example of why privatised public services don't work.

To be fair, the "Market Analysis Project"
occured during the NBC days
(13 May 2022, 5:15 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]This is where Go North East should look at some of my most recent suggestions within the service suggestions thread in order to make our regions services more sustainable in the long term.

This week I went out just for a ride about and used the 47A from Consett Number One to Ebchester then got on the X45 from Ebchester to Newcastle as it was quicker than getting the bus into Consett then back out again and neither of those other than at peak times justify the use of a Double Decker, when I got off the 47A at Ebchester the driver was only person left on board, the X45 had nobody sat downstaires when I got on however there was 2/3 upstairs and it picked up a further 11 passengers on route to Newcastle with 50% of those getting on at MetroCentre.

The likes of the 58/93/94 are the same in which they carry fresh air however the majority of the double deckers on these routes in recent years have aided the withdrawal of older single deckers from the fleet.
I would also say 10/10A/10B aswell. 
X5/X15 also run with fresh air, so does the 16 from Consett to Stanley. 

X45/46/47/47A when ever I get them outside of the peak times they are dead. You could go out on a limb a say services such as the 60/53/54/20 are much more worth deckers or upgrades (granted 53/54 just been updated) rather then the services you listed.
(13 May 2022, 5:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Surprised there's gonna be cuts when the government are still giving out cash to companies - sure this was the reason why Sunderland's didn't go ahead... unless they're also in July - so all the changes are together?

Loads of changes and services being cut in the rest of Tyne & Wear (south of the Tyne), and Durham than just the ones mentioned so far. Makes the painting look like a bit of a waste of time.
(13 May 2022, 6:09 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Loads of changes and services being cut in the rest of Tyne & Wear (south of the Tyne), and Durham than just the ones mentioned so far. Makes the painting look like a bit of a waste of time.
Can you say which ones?
(13 May 2022, 6:12 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Can you say which ones?

I'm sure they'll release a statement on their website with all the changes soon, there's 9 pages worth, so no, I'm not saying them all. They're just proposed for now though.
(13 May 2022, 6:18 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I'm sure they'll release a statement on their website with all the changes soon, there's 9 pages worth, so no, I'm not saying them all. They're just proposed for now though.
Jesus. 

Wonder if there are any notable ones.

I could see some major changes to the 55 & 35. Aswell as the 39/39A. 204 X5/X15 / 16 / 16A / 50/26.

Maybe some more gateshead services. 69/67/
(13 May 2022, 6:18 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I'm sure they'll release a statement on their website with all the changes soon, there's 9 pages worth, so no, I'm not saying them all. They're just proposed for now though.

I'm guessing nothing positive from these changes?
Although the 65 seem to have been a success. Which is great!

Probably nothing good for the evening washington services either. Or 135/136. 9 Pages I dread to think.

They want to be attracting people to buses no pushing them away with the last bus being at 6pm

Quite alot of changes then, if they happen.
(13 May 2022, 6:51 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Although the 65 seem to have been a success. Which is great!

Probably nothing good for the evening washington services either. Or 135/136. 9 Pages I dread to think.

They want to be attracting people to buses no pushing them away with the last bus being at 6pm

If I had to take a punt I'd go for the:

Deptford: 5, 9, 26, 33, 35, 38/38A, 39/39A, 55, 62, All Peterlee Locals, X6 (Abandon Peterlee altogther).
Washington: Most Washington Locals, maybe one route botched together serving bits of it
CLS / Consett: All Venture network, 28A, 30, 31, 34, 204/204A
Riverside: 6, 29, 67, 69, 96

Don't think they'll all be cancelled outright but imagine there'll be hard changes to most of them. They're all routes that get changed monthly or are subsidised already.
(13 May 2022, 7:27 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]If I had to take a punt I'd go for the:

Deptford: 5, 9, 26, 33, 35, 38/38A, 39/39A, 55, 62, All Peterlee Locals, X6 (Abandon Peterlee altogther).
Washington: Most Washington Locals, maybe one route botched together serving bits of it
CLS / Consett: All Venture network, 28A, 30, 31, 34, 204/204A
Riverside: 6, 29, 67, 69, 96

Don't think they'll all be cancelled outright but imagine there'll be hard changes to most of them. They're all routes that get changed monthly or are subsidised already.
I think the suggestions of the GNE route map entirely re-done in the Service Suggestion Thread should be look at. 

Hopefully we'll know the plans quite soon.