North East Buses

Full Version: Route Allocations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Deptford seem to give up on allocations at 6am
(14 Jul 2022, 6:58 am)Unber43 Wrote: [ -> ]Deptford seem to give up on allocations at 6am
I know, no more late morning's for us ,on our early weeks
5292 was on the 20 today.

the 60 currently has a Purples, Berries, Citaro. With 2&9 having a Prince Bishops.

There is a drifter on the 55/X20, with an X20 on earlier which was taken off the 807.

2 Un Branded Buses on the 20.

6087 on 20 (well was) with a UnBranded streetlite on the 56.

2 Unbranded Solos on the 206/62
(14 Jul 2022, 6:58 am)Unber43 Wrote: [ -> ]Deptford seem to give up on allocations at 6am
It was earlier today at 05:50
663 silver is on the 201/209/210 cycle this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know why they've been allocating double deckers on the 34 recently?
Because they can, and probably because there's no single deckers at Chester Le Street depot.
(03 Aug 2022, 4:37 pm)Rapidsnap Wrote: [ -> ]Because they can, and probably because there's no single deckers at Chester Le Street depot.
Or a lot of the 34's were cancelled e.g every 40 mins - 1 hour so they stick deckers on it
(03 Aug 2022, 4:37 pm)Rapidsnap Wrote: [ -> ]Because they can, and probably because there's no single deckers at Chester Le Street depot.

They did have a mix of 09 plate Versa's and 63 plate Streetlites early part of last week.
It can't be that hard to give the correct routes the correct allocations, its not rocket science

GNE clearly aren't giving up on branding services however today we got (these are the ones I saw)

Angel 10/10B
East Gateshead Rider 50 
QuayCity X66
GreenArrow 57
Xlines X21 27 
Country Ranger 58/29/28
Xlines X1 25

It can't be that hard...
There's a number of factors that affect allocations, it's not just a case of plucking the correct bus out of the depot and putting it on the right route.

At the moment there's a severe shortage in parts affecting the whole automotive sector, meaning it is taking longer for them to arrive and will keep buses off the road for longer. Even I'm being affected by this, I have a vehicle on order that currently has a 52 week lead time due to parts shortages.

You also have to take into consideration about if the driver who has been allocated to the route has been type trained on the vehicle, if not then it has to be swapped.

With allocations initially being set by the engineering team, which is currently under acute pressure due to staff shortages and spiralling workloads, they may not have enough time to sort out the allocations on a morning.

It also depends on where buses are parked in the depot. If you have a bad day with disruption the previous night, then it's likely that buses won't be able to park in the correct place and your Tyne Valley Tens may be hidden behind a couple of Angels. This would usually be solved by the shunter/yardperson correcting them, however this goes back to staff shortages - it may be a fitter assuming that role instead, for example.

And then sometimes, engineering may want certain vehicles to be kept local after major work, or if they have a potential fault that won't be easy to recover on it's usual route.

I imagine that the ongoing security incident is having an impact on processes surrounding allocations at the moment too.
(07 Sep 2022, 4:54 am)omnicity4659 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a number of factors that affect allocations, it's not just a case of plucking the correct bus out of the depot and putting it on the right route.

At the moment there's a severe shortage in parts affecting the whole automotive sector, meaning it is taking longer for them to arrive and will keep buses off the road for longer. Even I'm being affected by this, I have a vehicle on order that currently has a 52 week lead time due to parts shortages.

You also have to take into consideration about if the driver who has been allocated to the route has been type trained on the vehicle, if not then it has to be swapped.

With allocations initially being set by the engineering team, which is currently under acute pressure due to staff shortages and spiralling workloads, they may not have enough time to sort out the allocations on a morning.

It also depends on where buses are parked in the depot. If you have a bad day with disruption the previous night, then it's likely that buses won't be able to park in the correct place and your Tyne Valley Tens may be hidden behind a couple of Angels. This would usually be solved by the shunter/yardperson correcting them, however this goes back to staff shortages - it may be a fitter assuming that role instead, for example.

And then sometimes, engineering may want certain vehicles to be kept local after major work, or if they have a potential fault that won't be easy to recover on it's usual route.

I imagine that the ongoing security incident is having an impact on processes surrounding allocations at the moment too.
But I want my bus to have the right picture on the side! Anything less is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
The light green Xline Streetdecks seem to be all over. Has it been confirmed where they’re destined for?
(06 Sep 2022, 9:19 pm)Unber43 Wrote: [ -> ]It can't be that hard to give the correct routes the correct allocations, its not rocket science

GNE clearly aren't giving up on branding services however today we got (these are the ones I saw)

Angel 10/10B
East Gateshead Rider 50 
QuayCity X66
GreenArrow 57
Xlines X21 27 
Country Ranger 58/29/28
Xlines X1 25

It can't be that hard...
Whats your problem?, does it matter, did the bus turn up?, yes, then whats the issue, your one of those people,your never bloody happy are you, 'but my bus wasn't the right colour' blah blah blah, but then you'd complain that it didn't turn up
(07 Sep 2022, 8:57 am)ne14ne1 Wrote: [ -> ]The light green Xline Streetdecks seem to be all over. Has it been confirmed where they’re destined for?

Are any of them still at Consett or have they all moved?
(07 Sep 2022, 10:56 am)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]Are any of them still at Consett or have they all moved?
Think there is still one of the newer ones at Hownsgill, it was on the X5/X15 yesterday.
(07 Sep 2022, 10:56 am)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]Are any of them still at Consett or have they all moved?
1 of the new ones still at Consett, 1 at Washington rest at Riverside
I suppose there's two ways to look at

1) In the current climate a bus is a bus.

2) It damages the ethos of branding but then again most of the people who use a bus these days aren't doing it out of choice so it makes no impact anyway
What’s Saltmeadows busy repainting at the moment?
(07 Sep 2022, 1:28 pm)Ambassador Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose there's two ways to look at

1) In the current climate a bus is a bus.

2) It damages the ethos of branding but then again most of the people who use a bus these days aren't doing it out of choice so it makes no impact anyway
Normally, id have an issue but at the minute I'm happy to let them off the hook for now, like you say I'd rather a wrong bus turn up than be stranded

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4