North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Minor Service Changes August 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Moderators wroteMerged thread for Go North East: Minor Service Changes August 2022
Source: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/changes-x-...asider-x11

X1 down to 15 mins and X11 cancelled from Sunday.
X-lines X1 from Saturday 6 August

The service will be revised to run up to every 15 minutes.
All four buses per hour will serve Easington Lane, with two per hour extending to Peterlee.
Due to low demand, no journeys will serve Dalton Park.

Seasider X11
Sunday 7 August will be the last day our service to Whitby and Scarborough runs.
Those wanting a day out at the North Yorkshire coast after 7 August can do so by catching our X10 service to Middlesbrough and then the Arriva X93/X94 to Whitby or Scarborough.

- This is whats wrong with this company, they extend the X1 to Dalton Park which the only advertisement was on the buses, they don't advertise whenever I've visited Dalton Park there is always loads of people saying "whats the X1" and it shows how much this company cares, it doesn't help the timing comes 15 mins before X10 which is just great business, what a disgrace. Low Passenger Numbers, thats because no one knows it runs!!. It doesn't help the last service to serve Dalton Park leaves at 16:32, who wants to leave Newcastle at that time, it was destined to failure, due to the failure at the top.

But GNE would be overstaffed so there would be plenty of staff moved to be able to cover washington service.
(03 Aug 2022, 9:16 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]But GNE would be overstaffed so there would be plenty of staff moved to be able to cover washington service.

Only if the drivers volunteer to go to another depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03 Aug 2022, 9:16 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Seasider X11
Sunday 7 August will be the last day our service to Whitby and Scarborough runs.
Those wanting a day out at the North Yorkshire coast after 7 August can do so by catching our X10 service to Middlesbrough and then the Arriva X93/X94 to Whitby or Scarborough.

Ah yes, cancelling a seasonal service in the height of the summer holidays, such a great business idea!

Unless people didn't bother going because they realised the seaside is the same down there as it is up here so it's not worth paying extra!
Changes to the X1 and X11 from Saturday/Monday. X1 revised to every 15 minutes, Dalton Park link binned - Peterlee every 30 mins. X11 withdrawn after Sunday’s operation. 

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/changes-x-...asider-x11

A good move in my opinion, operating special seaside trips when normal services are cancelled left, right and centre isn’t great for those who rely on buses just to get home at night. And the X1 every 15 minutes makes sense as at least it’s now exactly every 30 minutes to Peterlee.
(03 Aug 2022, 9:22 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Changes to the X1 and X11 from Saturday/Monday. X1 revised to every 15 minutes, Dalton Park link binned - Peterlee every 30 mins. X11 withdrawn after Sunday’s operation. 

Dalton Park cancellations shows the failure of what GNE has become. 

"low passenger number" thats because no one knows IT EXISTED.
(03 Aug 2022, 9:22 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Changes to the X1 and X11 from Saturday/Monday. X1 revised to every 15 minutes, Dalton Park link binned - Peterlee every 30 mins. X11 withdrawn after Sunday’s operation. 

A good move in my opinion, operating special seaside trips when normal services are cancelled left, right and centre isn’t great for those who rely on buses just to get home at night. And the X1 every 15 minutes makes sense as at least it’s now exactly every 30 minutes to Peterlee.

To be fair, the X11 was due to end on Sunday anyway, but it just seems stupid to me that they wouldn't have it running through the holidays!

(03 Aug 2022, 9:25 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Dalton Park cancellations shows the failure of what GNE has become. 

"low passenger number" thats because no one knows IT EXISTED.

Or, more realistically, nobody wants to go to Dalton Park because it's overrated with very few shops, and overpriced ones at that.
Should of cancelled the x1 to Dalton park ages ago due to short staffed and advertise the 65 for connections between Hetton interchange and Dalton Park on daytime freq of every 30 minutes.

With the x11 withdrawn will free up at least 1 driver who can do multiple trips on a service bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are the X1 changes temporary again, as from what I saw last time it was every 15 minutes buses were full a lot of the time. just my experience though.
(03 Aug 2022, 9:30 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]To be fair, the X11 was due to end on Sunday anyway, but it just seems stupid to me that they wouldn't have it running through the holidays!

That isn't what their press release said - https://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/...rns-448254

(03 Aug 2022, 9:30 am)Go North East wrote [ -> ]It will run on weekends, bank holidays and school holidays between 28 May and 4 September.
(03 Aug 2022, 9:39 am)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]That isn't what their press release said - https://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/...rns-448254

Ah, so they've updated the website news page, but not the newsroom page

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/go-north-e...gh-returns
(03 Aug 2022, 9:35 am)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]If they're doing it to redeploy the driver to local routes it won't make the slightest difference with staff still leaving en masse because they're being treated like dogshit.

I'm probably leaning more towards lower than expected passenger numbers since I'd imagine they'd make considerably more money with that driver on the X11 than they would having them drive a normal service.

Has anyone been on the X11 recently, or seen the number of passengers?
Cancelling a service with a couple days notice is disgraceful. There may be low demand, but there'll still be some people relying on it, who barely have time to blink to find an alternative.

Of course, the comms could have helped out here, and advised people they can change at Hetton for the 65...

With the X1 timetable change overall, again its leisure customers that are being punished; the ones supposedly the target of modal switch to the bus, instead of taking their car into town and adding to congestion. That's before you add Saturday events and football to the chaos.

More firefighting.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(03 Aug 2022, 9:16 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]But GNE would be overstaffed so there would be plenty of staff moved to be able to cover washington service.

Can't see any driver in the Unite union going anywhere near Washington because of the Chester Le Street depot strike since the 25, 28 and 71 moved there so your enabling the depot closure.

It's why both of these have been done imo, X11 driver's bailing out the mess at CLS and Washington being seriously short of drivers due to lack of interest in helping out.
(03 Aug 2022, 10:24 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Can't see any driver in the Unite union going anywhere near Washington because of the Chester Le Street depot strike since the 25, 28 and 71 moved there so your enabling the depot closure.

It's why both of these have been done imo, X11 driver's bailing out the mess at CLS and Washington being seriously short of drivers due to lack of interest in helping out.
X11 runs from Deptford
(03 Aug 2022, 10:36 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]X11 runs from Deptford

I know but those drivers (depending on their union status) could go bail out CLS. 1 driver could potentially be 5% of the drivers there if it ends up going pear shaped.
Things most be utterly desperate if they are axing a leisure service for the resource of 1 driver.

At what point does the Commercial Team head come out the sand and deploy emergency timetables?
(03 Aug 2022, 11:05 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Things most be utterly desperate if they are axing a leisure service for the resource of 1 driver.
Was thinking the same to be honest.
And the runs to Whitby being apparently popular and I assume money making. 

How many runs per day, will it save by having that 1 driver resource shifted?
(03 Aug 2022, 9:41 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Ah, so they've updated the website news page, but not the newsroom page

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/go-north-e...gh-returns
Why on earth would they retroactively update a press release dated 3 months ago with the new date?

The marketing and comms team are just bizarre
(03 Aug 2022, 11:13 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Why on earth would they retroactively update a press release dated 3 months ago with the new date?

The marketing and comms team are just bizarre

So gullible people like me will think that was always the plan and they haven't just changed it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5