North East Buses

Full Version: Has Go North East managed to get any new passengers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now this was a question which I thought about when someone brought up that people where’s travelling less, but I wondered if anybody has moved to buses since the Pandemic happened or people who now travel by bus to go out to Newcastle, because I do think there has been new passengers coming to GNE, but I feel like pre-pandemic there was a lot more who now work from home. 

I just think its a case of GNE have got new passengers but just not enough to cover the older ones who have been working from home, I wondered if anyone on here now takes the bus more often than the car or moved from Car to buses since the pandemic or know anyone who has. I mean it doesn't help the state of GNE services to try and tempt people I mean a 4 hour wait for an hourly bus, a 48 minute wait for an every 12 min service, and it just gets worse. 13 hour wait for a 50 at one point.
I don't know anyone who has switched to GNE tbf, just the opposite.

I know someone who moved from Gateshead to Yorkshire to work somewhere that doesn't involve using the 21/N21.
I also know other former regular users of GNE, who have learnt to drive in the past year and now drive everywhere instead or get lifts if they're drinking. All were on current and former X-lines routes.

Personally, I only hop on a GNE bus if I need to get back to the car quickly - as I usually park+walk a mile or two away from where I need to be, when in places like Newcastle, Sunderland and Gateshead.
If the phantom 21s have driven passengers to using the train (which is only just slightly more reliable) between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle, I cannot imagine many new users have been attracted.
Well since they can’t be bothered serving Hartlepool anymore and they want the X10 to no longer be an express and cut it back to an hour instead of 30 minutes I can say I very rarely use Go North East anymore. The last time I did a few weeks ago the X10 was completely packed and I only used it from Peterlee to Dalton Park and someone who suffers with anxiety it’s not exactly fun and has put me off. With the service cuts I only see it getting worse as well.
If I must use a bus to town I tend to hop on the X12 from Low Fell these days - it's more reliable bur I do enjoy the walk to Gateshead from the Fell where I can hop a metro.

I'm using the car way more than I intended to