North East Buses

Full Version: Henry Coopers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Henry Cooper have new Volvo B7RLE 3515HX in service following extensive repairs.
Quote:SATURDAY 5TH APRIL 2014

We are very happy to announce our first ever visit to Henry Cooper of Annitsford who operate a selection of very interesting vehicles to a very high standard.

We will make a pick up at 11:00am from Bewick Street (opposite Newcastle rail station).

During this tour we will be enjoying 4 of Henry Coopers quality vehicles including former Tees Leyland Tiger ESU110 (new to Eastern National as C131HJN).

For full fleet details please CLICK HERE

For everyone who wishes to take part in this tour there will be a charge of only £10 per person which will cover the cost of vehicles hired on the day etc.

There is no need to pre-book to take part in this tour and everyone is very welcome.

Parking is not available at the depot and please do not contact the operator as this tour has been organised privately and they will not be able to assist you.

If you require any further details please email us on ukbustours@yahoo.com

Read more: http://ukbustours.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01...14_20.html
(20 Jan 2014, 5:24 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Read more: http://ukbustours.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01...14_20.html

£10, I would more than happily go on that trip
(20 Jan 2014, 10:32 pm)Adam Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]£10, I would more than happily go on that trip

In relation to the cost and the NEB Day Trips...
When you think about it, this trip is potentially half the cost of what we are proposing, and we intend on going to Scotland rather than staying in the North East and travelling to a bus depot. Not bad at all really.

May be a smaller price when you look at it now, but when you look at the bigger picture and compare it to the likes of a trip to Scotland...!

Of course I am not knocking this trip and intend on going myself. Just putting it out there for those who may have thought 20 quid was expensive Wink
(20 Jan 2014, 10:35 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]In relation to the cost and the NEB Day Trips...
When you think about it, this trip is potentially half the cost of what we are proposing, and we intend on going to Scotland rather than staying in the North East and travelling to a bus depot. Not bad at all really.

May be a smaller price when you look at it now, but when you look at the bigger picture and compare it to the likes of a trip to Scotland...!

Of course I am not knocking this trip and intend on going myself. Just putting it out there for those who may have thought 20 quid was expensive Wink

It really isn't that bad, Just at the Cost for York Per Person if there was over 30 of us, But will admit that I doubt that many would need go on these trips, hence why I suggested using a Taxi Firm or GL Minibuses as I think they'd be Cheaper if there was only 10-15 of us. You could try and drum up some Interest on the Facebook Groups also by sharing the link to the 2 Threads.
526VVK currently sat in Park Lane... Not sure why, but I'd assume NX/NH...

Edit: Nat Holidays to Scarborough. Tongue
(17 Mar 2014, 8:19 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]526VVK currently sat in Park Lane... Not sure why, but I'd assume NX/NH...

Edit: Nat Holidays to Scarborough. Tongue

Very much getting towards the summer season now so you'll start to see more and more operators appearing on National Holidays work (and David Urquhart, Omega Holidays, Newmarket etc) alongside the liveried coaches.

Monday and Friday are big departure days, indeed the afternoon's see the return legs of the previous departures. They also have some 2-day's on Saturday and also odd departures on other days but Monday and Friday morning its not unheard of to see 25-30 coaches in a couple of hours.
On VOSA today:

PB0002285/24 - LILLY GREAVES & GRAHAM GREAVES T/A HENRY COOPER COACHES, LANE END GARAGE, ANNITSFORD, CRAMLINGTON, NE23 7BD

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: WIDEOPEN, TRAVELLERS REST
Finish Point: GOSFORTH EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: 116
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday school days only am only

PB0002285/25 - LILLY GREAVES & GRAHAM GREAVES T/A HENRY COOPER COACHES, LANE END GARAGE, ANNITSFORD, CRAMLINGTON, NE23 7BD

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: STALKS ROAD
Finish Point: SEATON BURN COLLEGE
Via:
Service Number: 693
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY AM & PM
on VOSA today.

PB0002285/24 - LILLY GREAVES & GRAHAM GREAVES T/A HENRY COOPER COACHES, LANE END GARAGE, ANNITSFORD, CRAMLINGTON, NE23 7BD

Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between WIDEOPEN, TRAVELLERS REST and GOSFORTH EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL given service number 116 effective from 22-Sep-2014.
In the fleet list we have missed the routemaster they operate
Henry Cooper currently have five ex-London Routemasters, with one in their fleet. The other four are ex-Tower Transit. The driver of the tour said that the ex-Tower Transit vehicles would be sold to a "mobile café" type business based in London.

[Image: 24088701873_53afbebbdc.jpg]
Henry Cooper: SSL 809 by Thomas, on Flickr

[Image: 24420021340_d07e9a5ecf.jpg]
Henry Cooper: 776 DYE & 640 DYE by Thomas, on Flickr

[Image: 24689345596_584dc95d40.jpg]
Henry Cooper: 776 DYE by Thomas, on Flickr

[Image: 24088717913_8814eb9673.jpg]
Henry Cooper: 735 DYE by Thomas, on Flickr

and the Henry Cooper owned vehicle...

[Image: 24420042060_b259bd9fb4.jpg]
Henry Cooper: 562 CLT & HC04 BBB by Thomas, on Flickr
Bloody hell Henry Cooper has some smart buses for Scholars. Noticed a Omnidekka on the 664 Scholars this morning (wasn't aware they even ran it) and when you compare it to the likes of Stanley Travel I was amazed with how smart it looked for a scholars!
(29 Sep 2017, 3:26 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hell Henry Cooper has some smart buses for Scholars. Noticed a Omnidekka on the 664 Scholars this morning (wasn't aware they even ran it) and when you compare it to the likes of Stanley Travel I was amazed with how smart it looked for a scholars!

Their depot is well worth a visit. Check out their routemasters.

Charles
The Omnicity decker is used on the 671 in the afternoons.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
Caught up with B7RLE (OBR 297) this afternoon in Whitley Bay - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/46558614944/

Does anyone know which Scholars service Henry Cooper has starting at Monkseaton and what if any previous reg plates (OBR 297) has carried.
(04 Mar 2019, 7:57 pm)Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]Caught up with B7RLE (OBR 297) this afternoon in Whitley Bay - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/46558614944/

Does anyone know which Scholars service Henry Cooper has starting at Monkseaton and what if any previous reg plates (OBR 297) has carried.

It was bought BN with that reg
(04 Mar 2019, 9:50 pm)NewcastleOne Wrote: [ -> ]It was bought BN with that reg

Thanks
Obviously a cherished registration; it's been on a Volvo B12B delivered in 2003, and before that a Volvo B10M-61 delivered in 1989, to say nothing of possible use on vehicles that were re-registered.
(05 Mar 2019, 7:34 am)Ianthegoon Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously a cherished registration; it's been on a Volvo B12B delivered in 2003, and before that a Volvo B10M-61 delivered in 1989, to say nothing of possible use on vehicles that were re-registered.

The bus now was also bought to celebrate a long working partnership between the operator and Volvo (?)
Nexus School Contracts for Henry Cooper.

PB1136476/21 Registered
WILLIAM GRAHAM GREAVES
Route: North Gosforth Academy to Stalks Rd, Wideopen
Service number: 693 (PM) ()
Service type: School or Works
Effective date: 02 Sep 2019

PB1136476/19 Registered
WILLIAM GRAHAM GREAVES
Route: Station Road, Backworth to St Thomas More RC High School via Backworth Lane, Clousden Hill, Wheatsheaf, Holystone
Service number: 680 AM & PM ()
Service type: School or Works
Effective date: 02 Sep 2019
Pages: 1 2 3