North East Buses

Full Version: Durham City Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One we've noted yet from way back in August is the arrival of WA11AEB to the fleet. Completely forgot about it until I started going through my photos and uploading them to Flickr again - see photo here.
Former Lees coaches berkhoff volvo B12B FJ08BYB is in full DCC Black livery and has obviously been aquired by this fleet where it joins similar FJ05AOE also formerly with Lees coaches.
Unsure if it's new or not but I certainly haven't seen it before... SE02RUV I think was the reg - small sort of minibus type coach.
(15 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Unsure if it's new or not but I certainly haven't seen it before... SE02RUV I think was the reg - small sort of minibus type coach.

They've had that a while - used to be in white Durham Free School livery - not sure what it is now?
(15 Jun 2015, 6:21 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]They've had that a while - used to be in white Durham Free School livery - not sure what it is now?

Yup, still in that livery. Saw it at Gateshead Stadium this afternoon.
Cheers Dan!
Van Hool coach P70 DCC https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...472860573/  isn't on the fleet list.
(04 Aug 2015, 4:49 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]Van Hool coach P70 DCC https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...472860573/  isn't on the fleet list.

I've added it now - cheers!
Van Hool T9 B10M Y385KBN is the latest addition - photos on their Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/durhamcitycoaches
Durham City Coaches have gained R7 STX from Stanley Travel.
Lees vanhool volvo PIL2163 is here in plain white also.
(10 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm)123456 wrote [ -> ]Lees vanhool volvo PIL2163 is here in plain white also.

Any idea which Premier has been sold - and whether it's CMC Coaches or Enterprise Travel who have bought it? Seen yesterday morning running around Middlesbrough with the Durham City names taken off
(10 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm)123456 wrote [ -> ]Lees vanhool volvo PIL2163 is here in plain white also.

That's a seriously retro addition, isn't it?
(10 Sep 2015, 9:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Any idea which Premier has been sold - and whether it's CMC Coaches or Enterprise Travel who have bought it? Seen yesterday morning running around Middlesbrough with the Durham City names taken off

Answering my own question here but caught in school traffic this afternoon (and me!) - it's N256THO and its with Enterprise Travel
PIL2163 maybe a retro addition but a sensible one. Volvo B10M's go on forever, it has van hool bodywork that lasts ages and was upseated in its time at lees to 70 seats as was VIL. Only thing they both need is a fresh coat of paint.
(10 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Durham City Coaches have gained R7 STX from Stanley Travel.

As expected, it has been re-registered to R114 LHK: 

[Image: 21059955863_6127b7ef11.jpg]Durham City Coaches R114LHK Volvo Olympian Alexander. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
Does the Lightfoot family still run this firm and the same for Lees does the Family who founded the firm still run it or have they both sold out to some one.
(24 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)BUSFAN wrote [ -> ]Does the Lightfoot family still run this firm and the same for Lees does the Family who founded the firm still run it or have they both sold out to some one.

The Lightfoots have sold out to Mr Collin and no longer run the business. The Lee family have also sold out of Lee's Coaches. However Malcolm Lee remains a director and runs the company day to day.

Charles
(25 Sep 2015, 10:08 am)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]The Lightfoots have sold out to Mr Collin and no longer run the business. The Lee family have also sold out of Lee's Coaches. However Malcolm Lee remains a director and runs the company day to day.

Charles

Thanks for the info Charles i recall when Lees was a real family firm with Colin running it with Pauline and Malcolm as Drivers its funny as i thought i had seem Pauline driving a Weardale Coach a while back