North East Buses

Full Version: Hunters of Tantobie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As few are aware Hunters have acquired Ex Peoples Bus Dennis Dart MPD KU52 RXF and sees use on the 713 from Stanley Bus Station to Flint Hill
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/11368472744/
(14 Dec 2013, 7:43 pm)Adam Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]As few are aware Hunters have acquired Ex Peoples Bus Dennis Dart MPD KU52 RXF and sees use on the 713 from Stanley Bus Station to Flint Hill
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/11368472744/

Another recent(ish) arrival at Hunter's is B10M/Premiere L948CRU, thanks to Andrew Snowdon (Snowdon's Coaches) for confirming that.
Does anyone know what has happened to the Dennis Dart/Optare Solo that was used in service for the 713?

For the last month or so, the route has been operated by full-sized coaches - usually an orange or a white one.
(27 Jan 2014, 10:15 am)AdamY Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what has happened to the Dennis Dart/Optare Solo that was used in service for the 713?

For the last month or so, the route has been operated by full-sized coaches - usually an orange or a white one.

Think the solo has been withdrawn or exchanged for the Dart, I don't know about the dart, it might be a case that its just VOR. They should purchase another bus as a backup rather than putting a coach on it.
(27 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm)northtynelinks2 Wrote: [ -> ]Think the solo has been withdrawn or exchanged for the Dart, I don't know about the dart, it might be a case that its just VOR. They should purchase another bus as a backup rather than putting a coach on it.

The Dennis Dart KU52 RXF is back in service on 713 as of yesterday. The Solo is still with Hunters awaiting repair or sale.
When driving past Hunters' depot yesterday I noticed that there there was a new, blue-coloured bus parked up. Is this a new acquisition for them?
That new bus I observed last week...

Well, it was in service today operating on the 713. It appears to be a former Travelsure vehicle (perhaps an MPD? - not too good on vehicle types I'm afraid).

I didn't catch the registration. If I see it later on when travelling home, I'll try and get it.
(26 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm)AdamY Wrote: [ -> ]That new bus I observed last week...

Well, it was in service today operating on the 713. It appears to be a former Travelsure vehicle (perhaps an MPD? - not too good on vehicle types I'm afraid).

I didn't catch the registration. If I see it later on when travelling home, I'll try and get it.

It certainly is an MPD. It is a W reg or something like that anyway.
(26 Mar 2014, 6:01 pm)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly is an MPD. It is a W reg or something like that anyway.

Think I remember hearing them getting W559JVV from Travelsure now its mentioned...
W7 JPT has been sold to Gardiners at Spennymoor. I assume its been there for a while but i have only just found out where it went to.
(26 Mar 2014, 6:01 pm)Robert Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly is an MPD. It is a W reg or something like that anyway.

W363ABD was the one they purchased from Travelsure, now out in service in white with the new fleet names applied with the smart new logo.
Another new addition is Volvo B12M Sunsundegui PN03UCM
Nice to see Hunters getting some fresh vehicles and starting to smarten them up as once over they had one of the smartest fleets in the area.
(16 Aug 2014, 11:55 am)BUSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see Hunters getting some fresh vehicles and starting to smarten them up as once over they had one of the smartest fleets in the area.

Shame their depot shows otherwise!
I know what you mean its not changed in years still the same as when Hunters used to run a fleet of Tipper Wagons as well as Coaches/Buses.
Volvo Excalibur L938NWW has been sold to Warrington Coachways a few months ago.
New in is Mercedes Vario / ACI X866HEE, and Volvo B10M XIL3675 has been painted into Hunter Bros new livery.
Great to see some attention being paid to presentation now!
(10 Nov 2014, 9:03 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Volvo Excalibur L938NWW has been sold to Warrington Coachways a few months ago.
New in is Mercedes Vario / ACI X866HEE, and Volvo B10M XIL3675 has been painted into Hunter Bros new livery.
Great to see some attention being paid to presentation now!

....and I noticed a photo on Flickr earlier of the 713 whereby the driver didn't give the photographer a two finger salute! What's the world coming to?!
(10 Nov 2014, 9:05 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]....and I noticed a photo on Flickr earlier of the 713 whereby the driver didn't give the photographer a two finger salute! What's the world coming to?!

Blimey! Dart W363ABD now has a sticky destination blind too, not ideal but better than no destination!
Thanks to Anthony Hunter I've now updated our fleetlist

New in is Volvo B10M L10TCC from Howard Snaith, Paramount G562VHY and Solo W7JPT were scrapped.
Hunters must be one the oldest Independents in the area as says on the website est 1918 i am pleased they are buying new Buses/Coaches agianĀ  as they have always had a smart fleet in the past even though the Bedfords and AEC they ran years ago may have been a few years old they were always painted to a high standard as were the wagons.The website is also great with the old pictures of the Vehicles owned in the past
Another quick update for these appears to be the addition of Volvo B10M EIG9937, making a return to the region having formerly operated for Generation Travel. Paramount G71RGG was scrapped at Alpha's
Pages: 1 2 3 4