North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Mar 2015, 8:28 pm)RM2186 Wrote: [ -> ]That could look very messy on timetables as Nexus do not always secure all of the trip shown, just part in a lot of instances.

It wouldn't take much to add to the key/legend that the symbol means that whole or part of a journey is secured. Doesn't need to say how much.
Petty sure that was how it worked in the past.

Will have a look and see if the Bygone Era has an example or two.

edit: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/GoNo...ch2003.pdf First timetable I found.
To some degree, if Nexus chose to print their own timetable leaflets again, they'd be entirely able to do so.
(23 Jan 2015, 5:27 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Nexus have issued a tender for evening services 238/239 and 39 to start from 31st May.

Any more info on the 238/239, like what the euro specification have to be?

Same as the 39 will that stay as euro 4?
The following one-year Nexus contracts have been awarded from 31/05/15:

TB10 Fewster Sq – Wrekenton – Eighton Banks - Felling: Gateshead Central Taxis
39 Pennywell – Sunderland – Doxford International: Go North East
238/239 Barnwell – Houghton – Hall Lane/Fence Houses: Go North East
TB503 South Shields – Boldon Asda: Eurocars
TB503/TB504 South Shields – Boldon Asda/Horsley Hill: No Award
No award? Does that mean still to award it or the services been curtailed?

Also it's good for customers that GNE have the 39 back!
(31 Mar 2015, 1:27 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]The following one-year Nexus contracts have been awarded from 31/05/15:

TB10 Fewster Sq – Wrekenton – Eighton Banks - Felling: Gateshead Central Taxis
39 Pennywell – Sunderland – Doxford International: Go North East
238/239 Barnwell – Houghton – Hall Lane/Fence Houses: Go North East
TB503 South Shields – Boldon Asda: Eurocars
TB503/TB504 South Shields – Boldon Asda/Horsley Hill: No Award

What is the current euro engine needed for the 39?
(31 Mar 2015, 3:43 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]What is the current euro engine needed for the 39?

I'm guessing Euro 4. Providing i have read the code thing right (L3604)
(31 Mar 2015, 3:43 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]What is the current euro engine needed for the 39?

Under Stagecoach operation, the contract requirement was for three low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 23. 

I cannot remember what the contractual requirements were for the new tender, but Go North East has won the contract on a non-conforming basis, with the tender instead representing the best value for money in terms of service specification and tender conditions. This also applies to the tenders for services 238/239.
(31 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Under Stagecoach operation, the contract requirement was for three low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 23. 

I cannot remember what the contractual requirements were for the new tender, but Go North East has won the contract on a non-conforming basis, with the tender instead representing the best value for money in terms of service specification and tender conditions. This also applies to the tenders for services 238/239.

Will the 238/239 be replacing the 38C to on a night and Sunday??
Be interesting to see what they're gonna use on the 238/239...
Any news on the Sunderland Connect contract (700/701), i think that ends in June?
(01 Apr 2015, 9:54 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Will the 238/239 be replacing the 38C to on a night and Sunday??
Be interesting to see what they're gonna use on the 238/239...

238/239 on a night is
238 Barnwell - Hall Lane (1822, 1922, 2022)
239 Barnwell - Fencehouses (2122, 2222, 2322)
Sunday is hourly 238 1022-1822 then 239 from 1922-2322
(03 Apr 2015, 2:49 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]238/239 on a night is
238 Barnwell - Hall Lane (1822, 1922, 2022)
239 Barnwell - Fencehouses (2122, 2222, 2322)
Sunday is hourly 238 1022-1822 then 239 from 1922-2322

Thanks Tyre, How is thr route working during the day?

Just Sunderland to Hall Lane as the 238?
(03 Apr 2015, 2:56 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Tyre, How is thr route working during the day?

Just Sunderland to Hall Lane as the 238?

Don't know that'll be commercial operation by GNE so they're obviously making changes to that at the same time.
(03 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know that'll be commercial operation by GNE so they're obviously making changes to that at the same time.

No probs, thanks Smile
Worth mentioning that a number of Nexus resource boards are up for tender from September 2015, currently 34 boards run by 8 different operators.

Also to start on 26th July is the tender for evening service 10/11 in South Tyneside, spec is L3604 and PVR 2. Currently run by Stagecoach
I emailed NEXUS about the 238/239.. my reply...

Good morning Mr Webster,

Thank you for your email. From the 31st May 2015 the Go North East 238/239 will operate the service between Hall Lane Estate and Barnwell on a commercial basis on a Monday – Saturday daytime, with Nexus securing the evening and Sunday service, as well as a couple of early morning trips.

The route will be altered in Hall Lane Estate and some trips will also serve South Street in Newbottle.

Information will be available on the Nexus website nearer the date of the change of service.

Regards

Iv'e emailed back and asked if the 238 route will continue to Sunderland, as this is confusing for the passengers in Hall Estate by having 2 bus numbers the same. 
(10 Apr 2015, 10:53 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]I emailed NEXUS about the 238/239.. my reply...

Good morning Mr Webster,

Thank you for your email. From the 31st May 2015 the Go North East 238/239 will operate the service between Hall Lane Estate and Barnwell on a commercial basis on a Monday – Saturday daytime, with Nexus securing the evening and Sunday service, as well as a couple of early morning trips.

The route will be altered in Hall Lane Estate and some trips will also serve South Street in Newbottle.

Information will be available on the Nexus website nearer the date of the change of service.

Regards

Iv'e emailed back and asked if the 238 route will continue to Sunderland, as this is confusing for the passengers in Hall Estate by having 2 bus numbers the same. 

The Newbottle extension is an interesting one.
A lot of people have been complaining about the lack of a bus for a long time.

The plans put forward by the council to block off Stoneygate junction is causing consternation too - as this will remove the possibility of a through route, completely. 
(10 Apr 2015, 11:10 am)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]The Newbottle extension is an interesting one.
A lot of people have been complaining about the lack of a bus for a long time.

The plans put forward by the council to block off Stoneygate junction is causing consternation too - as this will remove the possibility of a through route, completely. 

It is, didn't expect the Newbottle extension, "some trips will also serve South Street in Newbottle".... wonder how often this will be, as the current 79 only runs hourly.. 
(10 Apr 2015, 11:14 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]It is, didn't expect the Newbottle extension, "some trips will also serve South Street in Newbottle".... wonder how often this will be, as the current 79 only runs hourly.. 

Not sure.

Imagine it will be a quick loop of Newbottle, before continuing on the existing route.

Possibly morning/afternoon peaks? Pensioners, school kids etc

I think the alteration around Hall Lane, will tie in with the 238 coming through there to/from Seaham.
(10 Apr 2015, 11:17 am)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure.

Imagine it will be a quick loop of Newbottle, before continuing on the existing route.

Possibly morning/afternoon peaks? Pensioners, school kids etc

I think the alteration around Hall Lane, will tie in with the 238 coming through there to/from Seaham.

Hopefully, looks like they may class it as one full route.