North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Can't really see past GCT getting most of it

Hope not, it could mean people won't be able to use their passes on the services (expect if they have network one pass) unless it'll be in the contract they can.
Heard that gateshead central have got the W3
(21 Jan 2017, 12:12 am)dannygee Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that gateshead central have got the W3

Wouldn't surprise me if they got the 59/359 and W2 as well.
Who got the contract for metro replacements next sunday between shiremoor and north shields
(20 Jan 2017, 11:08 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Go North East has been awarded services W1/W1A and 333, yes.

Nice to see the 333 being awarded to Go North East again. Who remembers this one?
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/item.php?operatorF=2&fleetnoF=468

If GNE ever decided to pay for the routes themselves, what routes could they be merged in too?

Not from the area so not sure myself.
(24 Jan 2017, 9:52 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]If GNE ever decided to pay for the routes themselves, what routes could they be merged in too?

Not from the area so not sure myself.

333 couldn't really be merged into anything to be honest, and can't see GNE ever taking it on commercially as it is a free service for Ferry passengers.

Same with the W1/W1A, other than an extension to Cramlington which would be good. Always thought GNE should have had a direct bus (other than the 17 which took over 2 hours) from Whitley Bay to Cramlington. Smile

Wonder if GNE have got the 335 and M71 too, or that is GCT as well.
(24 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]333 couldn't really be merged into anything to be honest, and can't see GNE ever taking it on commercially as it is a free service for Ferry passengers.

Same with the W1/W1A, other than an extension to Cramlington which would be good. Always thought GNE should have had a direct bus (other than the 17 which took over 2 hours) from Whitley Bay to Cramlington. Smile

Ah right, shame that.
(24 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]333 couldn't really be merged into anything to be honest, and can't see GNE ever taking it on commercially as it is a free service for Ferry passengers.

I wonder if it could be extended up the coast at all? Granted the PVR would be increased, but rather than looping it round the roundabout on the front, it maybe continued to Whitley Bay or beyond. There could be scope to terminate the 1 at Tynemouth and/or merge the 333 with the Whitley Bay services.
(24 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it could be extended up the coast at all? Granted the PVR would be increased, but rather than looping it round the roundabout on the front, it maybe continued to Whitley Bay or beyond. There could be scope to terminate the 1 at Tynemouth and/or merge the 333 with the Whitley Bay services.

To be fair the few times I have seen the 333 at Tynemouth no one has been on it. It is a nice idea though, something I would like to see as well.
Any idea who's got the 335/M71 yet?
(26 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea who's got the 335/M71 yet?

Wouldn't be surprised to either Pheonix or GCT, As they make very small bids to run the contracts, Sometimes I think how can drivers be paid aswell as trying to make a profit from anything.
(26 Jan 2017, 8:39 pm)South Tyne Lad Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't be surprised to either Pheonix or GCT, As they make very small bids to run the contracts, Sometimes I think how can drivers be paid aswell as trying to make a profit from anything.

Phoenix have definitely lost them as they have cancelled them on Vosa, so maybe GCT. I agree with you there though they must make low bids for it, especially GCT.
Taxpayer hat on, enthusiast hat off.

Whichever company makes the most reasonable, realistic cost effective bid has to win.
(26 Jan 2017, 9:02 pm)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Phoenix have definitely lost them as they have cancelled them on Vosa, so maybe GCT. I agree with you there though they must make low bids for it, especially GCT.

Maybe arriva for the 335
Who got the m71

Central got 335
Any idea on who are operating the upcoming metro replacements?
(27 Jan 2017, 11:05 am)dannygee Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea on who are operating the upcoming metro replacements?

Arriva will be operating the 900 on  29th January.
(27 Jan 2017, 11:05 am)dannygee Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea on who are operating the upcoming metro replacements?

Sunday 5th Feb, Heworth - Regent Centre will be operated by GO North East, with buses from various depots.
(27 Jan 2017, 10:43 am)dave30366 Wrote: [ -> ]Who got the m71

Central got 335

Cheers, quite a way for GCT to be sending buses and drivers though!
The invitation to tender for Nexus miscellaneous and school service contracts has gone out for the period commencing 3/09/2017.
The contracts are for a one year period requiring low floor easy access vehicles to PSVAR standard with Euro 4 compliance.
Capacity based on a minimum of 44, 60 & 84 depending on route.
No variations will be accepted.