North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 22 is never busy between Durham and Peterlee in the evening unless there's something like Lumiere on. If gne do run it, that will be a pig for people who use it for work journeys eg to dragonville, as they'll need different tickets there and back for a teatime shift.
According to the tender PDF at the start of the thread, the tender for the evening 24 to Sunderland was for a minimum of 25 seats, so chance to be the same again I'd imagine.

I think Scarlet Band accept Arriva return tickets on their evening contracted services, eg. 35A, not sure if council have stipulated this or not.
(16 Sep 2017, 10:57 am)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]According to the tender PDF at the start of the thread, the tender for the evening 24 to Sunderland was for a minimum of 25 seats, so chance to be the same again I'd imagine.

I think Scarlet Band accept Arriva return tickets on their evening contracted services, eg. 35A, not sure if council have stipulated this or not.

Thanks Jimmi, i forgot that PDF was on the first page!

I never use Arriva services so wasn't sure, i do hope tickets are accepted on the new companies.
The 22 and 24 both have a minimum seat requirement of 16.
22 covers 2034, 2134 and 2234 Peterlee-Sunderland & return
24 covers 2051, 2151, 2251 Hartlepool-Durham (2051/2151 to Peterlee Saturday's), 2108, 2208 Peterlee-Hartlepool, 2217 Durham-Hartlepool and 2317 Durham-Blackhall. Saturday it's the 2108, 2208 Peterlee-Hartlepool and 2308 to Blackhall only
(16 Sep 2017, 11:22 am)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]The 22 and 24 both have a minimum seat requirement of 16.
22 covers 2034, 2134 and 2234 Peterlee-Sunderland & return
24 covers 2051, 2151, 2251 Hartlepool-Durham (2051/2151 to Peterlee Saturday's), 2108, 2208 Peterlee-Hartlepool, 2217 Durham-Hartlepool and 2317 Durham-Blackhall. Saturday it's the 2108, 2208 Peterlee-Hartlepool and 2308 to Blackhall only

Thanks Tyre, wonder if there's any chance Arriva will jump in and run it commercially, expecting Go North East to do that with the 209/210.

What is the PVR for the 700's in Chester?
Has GNE still gained the 59 and 239?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(16 Sep 2017, 11:26 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Tyre, wonder if there's any chance Arriva will jump in and run it commercially, expecting Go North East to do that with the 209/210.

Just the one, same as now. I think it also includes a school bus if I remember right.
I'd expect Arriva to take those on commercially.
Have Stanley Travel retained the 14 and gained anything new? They will have a couple of Solos spare if not following the loss of the 40.
I'm not sure who has gained what to be honest, other than the few that have already been posted. We certainly didn't win anything despite bidding for a handful.
(16 Sep 2017, 11:26 am)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Tyre, wonder if there's any chance Arriva will jump in and run it commercially, expecting Go North East to do that with the 209/210.

Has the Scarlet Band 58A been scraped as it ran the 24 section Peterlee - Hartlepool Mon-Fri & Sat Evening.
Durham - Peterlee via Wheatley Hill & Coxhoe currently 58A what's happened too the contract.

(16 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm)2bagstew Wrote: [ -> ]Has the Scarlet Band 58A been scraped as it ran the 24 section Peterlee - Hartlepool Mon-Fri & Sat Evening.
Durham - Peterlee via Wheatley Hill & Coxhoe currently 58A what's happened too the contract.

That was included in the 58 contract.
(16 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm)2bagstew Wrote: [ -> ]Has the Scarlet Band 58A been scraped as it ran the 24 section Peterlee - Hartlepool Mon-Fri & Sat Evening.

The 24 already runs quite late in the evening - much later than the 22 between Durham and Peterlee, which knocks off about 9pm.
A number of the contracts awarded have now been terminated. Revised contracts have been put out to tender for these services, with a starting date of January 2018.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(18 Sep 2017, 7:12 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]A number of the contracts awarded have now been terminated. Revised contracts have been put out to tender for these services, with a starting date of January 2018.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Which ones?
(18 Sep 2017, 7:20 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Which ones?

So will there be emergency contracts running on those services as they have gone passed the 5 years

Heard from a friend that Arriva will be taking the 22/24 on commercially now, like for the night runs.
(29 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Heard from a friend that Arriva will be taking the 22/24 on commercially now, like for the night runs.

That's a shame , I was looking forward having GNE indigo solos on the couple journeys each direction , wonder how long Arriva keep it commercially before there announce AGAIN that it's not making profit and want the council to fund it to line there pockets!.

(29 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Heard from a friend that Arriva will be taking the 22/24 on commercially now, like for the night runs.

Arriva will be running the 22/24 commercially also there will be running a later 22 from Durham after 21.00..
(29 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm)cbma06 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a shame , I was looking forward having GNE indigo solos on the couple journeys each direction , wonder how long Arriva keep it commercially before there announce AGAIN that it's not making profit and want the council to fund it to line there pockets!.

I don't think that operators should be allowed to have to option to run it commercially just because they haven't won the tender. Once they have agreed for it to go out to tender it should be awarded to the wining tender whether or not it is the operator that runs the daytime service.
What about the other tenders? I can see GNE have registered the 40 and 86 but nothing else?