North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's correct.

The 209/210 has gone out to tender again - Go North East could put in a cheaper bid and win next time, but unlikely. Doubt the 209/210 carry enough passengers to justify Go North East taking them on commercial. Pity, as it will mean anyone who buys weekly/monthly tickets on these services will lose out.

Could they not take them on and then merge them with other Indigo services?, might work that way.
When dose scarlet band take over these routes
(02 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm)jimmoc Wrote: [ -> ]When dose scarlet band take over these routes

I'd have a guess at 29th October as per all the other contracts.
(02 Oct 2017, 6:16 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Could they not take them on and then merge them with other Indigo services?, might work that way.

At present the bus does 201/209/201/210/201/209 sequence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSB Travel must have lost the contract for the evening journeys on service 6 between Bishop Auckland and Cockfield, as it's now registered as cancelled on VOSA.
(04 Oct 2017, 9:01 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]JSB Travel must have lost the contract for the evening journeys on service 6 between Bishop Auckland and Cockfield, as it's now registered as cancelled on VOSA.

Yep, Arriva are running the whole evening service now.
Well out of area, but caught my eye.

Does this useless (to the passenger) piece of information amount to nothing more than First going public on a threat to the council? Give us yer' money or the service gets it?

[attachment=8757]
(01 Oct 2017, 9:14 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]They have lost the contract to operate early morning and evening journeys on service 30 (to Stanley Travel), while the evening-only 704 service has also been cancelled.

The contract to operate service 30 has now been awarded to Go North East, with the 704 also re-introduced.

It'll be a miracle if the right operators are operating the correct routes on 29th October, at this rate!
Guessing some of the Whitley Bay Town services etc. will be up for tender soon? Pretty sure they were for a pretty short period. Any ideas?
(10 Oct 2017, 4:59 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]The contract to operate service 30 has now been awarded to Go North East, with the 704 also re-introduced.

It'll be a miracle if the right operators are operating the correct routes on 29th October, at this rate!

The 704 is pointless......... could Go North East not merge it with another service...
It is the 16. It just runs down the bank from the bus station then resumes the 16 route from avon road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(10 Oct 2017, 6:38 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]The 704 is pointless......... could Go North East not merge it with another service...

Yes, I agree. Absolutely bonkers that they have decided to continue funding it.

Did Stanley Travel refuse the tender (much like Nightingale with the Winlaton locals they won)?
DCC must like wasting money as between Peterlee - Sedgefield there are 3 runs on the X21 run at almost the same time as there 239 service..
The Eden are continuing to operate the Newton Aycliffe Town Service 17 from the end of October, times are unchanged except there will now be a gap in service for a lunch break, it will now run terminate at Aycliffe Town Centre at 12:41 (from School Aycliffe) and resume at 13:21 with a journey to School Aycliffe.

The Eden will now also operate Newton Aycliffe schools service 879, which presumably interworks with the 17.

Hodgsons will now take over operation of schools service 891 from the Eden (not Scarlet Band as the Durham County Council timetable page states).

Scarlet Band have cancelled the 88 but there's no word on who's got this, although my guess is the Eden considering they seem to be the only one's yet to register any changes or new services on VOSA.
(15 Oct 2017, 8:14 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]The Eden are continuing to operate the Newton Aycliffe Town Service 17 from the end of October, times are unchanged except there will now be a gap in service for a lunch break, it will now run terminate at Aycliffe Town Centre at 12:41 (from School Aycliffe) and resume at 13:21 with a journey to School Aycliffe.

The Eden will now also operate Newton Aycliffe schools service 879, which presumably interworks with the 17.

Hodgsons will now take over operation of schools service 891 from the Eden (not Scarlet Band as the Durham County Council timetable page states).

Scarlet Band have cancelled the 88 but there's no word on who's got this, although my guess is the Eden considering they seem to be the only one's yet to register any changes or new services on VOSA.

Are the eden taken 104 aswell
Durham County Council have issued the invitation to tender for 6 lots on a 57 month contract see attachment for details.
(16 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Durham County Council have issued the invitation to tender for 6 lots on a 57 month contract see attachment for details.

These are all of the aforementioned contracts which were awarded then terminated, no longer going ahead on 29th October as with the others.
Here's an interesting tender.

https://procontract.due-north.com/Advert...5056b64545

ITT for a light/heavy rail extension project.
Does anyone know any details on which operators are going to be running the extra Durham Park & Ride services for the Durham Lumiere event between 16-19 November?

This is the only info I can find on the park and rides (plus diversions, stand changes etc) but doesn't say who's running them: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
(05 Nov 2017, 2:12 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know any details on which operators are going to be running the extra Durham Park & Ride services for the Durham Lumiere event between 16-19 November?

This is the only info I can find on the park and rides (plus diversions, stand changes etc) but doesn't say who's running them: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Go North East have registered the PR3 service covering the dates of Lumiere and the Durham Christmas Market as detailed below: (note the error with the local authority area)
  • Registration number PB0003954/864

• Licence Number PB0003954
  • Variation number 0
  • Status Registered
  • Service number.PR3
  • Service type Limited Stop
  • Start point Sniperley P&R/ New College

• Finish point Durham City Centre

• Via
  • Date received 31 Oct 2017

• Effective date 16 Nov 2017

• End date 03 Dec 2017
  • Supported by subsidies? Yes
  • Local authorities covered by route Nexus (Tyne & Wear)
  • TAOs covered by route North East of England

PR4 & PR5 are not yet registered.