North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That may be why the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, Charles!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(01 Jul 2018, 3:56 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure that L&G Coaches are still going to do the two contracts they were initially awarded - believe Nexus may be trying to source an alternative operator to do these, although unlikely to be Go North East given the large volume they've already been awarded...

As it has been discussed elsewhere now since the results came out, Go North East have been awarded over 70 of the 90-odd Miscellaneous Works contracts. Big losses to JH Coaches and Kingsley's Coaches, and unsurprisingly, Nightingales Coaches. A-Line have also lost their share of Miscellaneous Works, appreciating they didn't have many to begin with. The interesting one is Stagecoach North East's award - not many but interesting nevertheless to see them dipping into the scholars scene again, after some years of not partaking in it. Perhaps wishing to follow in the footsteps of Go North East and have a small fleet of buses available for use on Special Events on a weekend?

Nothing for Stanley Travel either...
(01 Jul 2018, 7:42 pm)Charles41 Wrote: [ -> ]They haven't applied for an operator's licence yet. Bit of a mystery.

Charles

Lee has applied for an operators licence reference number PB2010662 but as it is still under consideration he is unable to register the proposed services.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/494832
Changes ahead in Redcar & Cleveland?

They've issued an ITT for a 'Survey of travel needs' in the area.
Have the Sunderland secured services like the 8,39,135/136, 237/238 had a contract extension? Just looking back the contracts were due to expire on the 21/5/18 and I can't remember seeing any tenders for them back in May?
(01 Jul 2018, 3:56 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure that L&G Coaches are still going to do the two contracts they were initially awarded - believe Nexus may be trying to source an alternative operator to do these, although unlikely to be Go North East given the large volume they've already been awarded...

As it has been discussed elsewhere now since the results came out, Go North East have been awarded over 70 of the 90-odd Miscellaneous Works contracts. Big losses to JH Coaches and Kingsley's Coaches, and unsurprisingly, Nightingales Coaches. A-Line have also lost their share of Miscellaneous Works, appreciating they didn't have many to begin with. The interesting one is Stagecoach North East's award - not many but interesting nevertheless to see them dipping into the scholars scene again, after some years of not partaking in it. Perhaps wishing to follow in the footsteps of Go North East and have a small fleet of buses available for use on Special Events on a weekend?

A big change in fortunes for Go North East then.

From operating a decent number in 16/17 to hardly any in 17/18 and now a massive number in 18/19

Are they only one year contracts?

I find it odd Nexus only award scholars for a year, it doesn’t encourage smart properly repainted long term vehicles
(06 Jul 2018, 6:18 pm)Wybus Wrote: [ -> ]A big change in fortunes for Go North East then.

From operating a decent number in 16/17 to hardly any in 17/18 and now a massive number in 18/19

Are they only one year contracts?

I find it odd Nexus only award scholars for a year, it doesn’t encourage smart properly repainted long term vehicles

Well with the massive order of buses including these omnidekkas and maybe the ex-London buses, dosent surprise me with all these new contracts
(06 Jul 2018, 8:52 pm)JM03 Wrote: [ -> ]Well with the massive order of buses including these omnidekkas and maybe the ex-London buses, dosent surprise me with all these new contracts

The special events fleet is going to be massive, it'll need its own page soon on the Go North East official PDF.
Being honest, Id be very surprised if every single contract is operated out of the special events fleet and not by a ‘main’ depot.
(08 Jul 2018, 1:19 pm)S813 FVK Wrote: [ -> ]Being honest, Id be very surprised if every single contract is operated out of the special events fleet and not by a ‘main’ depot.

Na, they'll be certain depots, which will gain buses, as some contracts work with main fleet, but i would imagine majority would be special events fleet?

What are the official limits of buses aloud for each depot?, most won't have room for them.
(08 Jul 2018, 1:24 pm)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Na, they'll be certain depots, which will gain buses, as some contracts work with main fleet, but i would imagine majority would be special events fleet?

What are the official limits of buses allowed for each depot?, most won't have room for them.

Current numbers:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/156471
(08 Jul 2018, 7:10 pm)citaro5284 Wrote: [ -> ]Current numbers:

Thanks Citaro
(08 Jul 2018, 7:10 pm)citaro5284 Wrote: [ -> ]Current numbers:

Wonder why Weardale Motor Services are listed under Go North East

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(08 Jul 2018, 7:57 pm)TEN 6083 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder why Weardale Motor Services are listed under Go North East

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Crook depot, they share it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(22 May 2018, 7:18 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Invitation to tender has been issued for Sunderland Connect 700/701 with a start date of 17th September. There will be a service enhancement on this contract for some journeys to be extended to serve Clanny House.

PB1099280/65 Registered
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD

Route: St Peter's Campus, Sunderland to St Peter's Campus, Sunderland
Service number: 701
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 17 Sep 2018
(22 May 2018, 7:18 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Invitation to tender has been issued for Sunderland Connect 700/701 with a start date of 17th September. There will be a service enhancement on this contract for some journeys to be extended to serve Clanny House.

Go North East will keep the 700 once again

PB0003954/789 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland via University of Sunderland
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 17 Sep 2018
(01 Jul 2018, 5:16 pm)Malarkey Wrote: [ -> ]Think the Stagecoach Scholars will be for Walbottle High School/Walbottle Campus Technology College, can't see them going for anything elsewhere in the region.

Stagecoach have the following Scholars
S107 (along with GNE)
S137 (along with GNE)
S155
S664 (along with GNE)
S678
S686
S687
Arriva Have
S105 (with GNE)
S118
S141
S147 (with GNE)
S695
S698
Henry Cooper have
S111
S134
Gateshead Have
S556
S803 (with GNE)
S826
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust have issued an invitation to tender for bus services available to staff and the public.
Lot 1. Westgate Road, RVI, Regent Centre.
Lot 2. Regent Centre to Freeman Hospital.

The contracts are for 5 years with the option for 2 extensions of 12 months based on a diesel vehicle. The 5 year period will be extended to 8 years for hybrid vehicles and 10 years for electric vehicles again the 2 extensions of 12months apply. Interesting to note that price only makes up 40% of the award criteria.
(18 Aug 2018, 9:50 am)GuyParkRoyal Wrote: [ -> ]Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust have issued an invitation to tender for bus services available to staff and the public.
Lot 1. Westgate Road, RVI, Regent Centre.
Lot 2. Regent Centre to Freeman Hospital.

The contracts are for 5 years with the option for 2 extensions of 12 months based on a diesel vehicle. The 5 year period will be extended to 8 years for hybrid vehicles and 10 years for electric vehicles again the 2 extensions of 12months apply. Interesting to note that price only makes up 40% of the award criteria.

Likely for Arriva to keep their extensions to the 46 and 553?