North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Apr 2019, 8:04 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'm sure it was Arriva, the 4 I believe from Metrocentre to Callerton.

Hmm interesting. I have found the Arriva 4 Metrocentre - Callerton timetable and it looks right, but I am sure I remember a Veolia bus. I used to see the bus towards Callerton regularly, but never used it.
(06 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Hmm interesting. I have found the Arriva 4 Metrocentre - Callerton timetable and it looks right, but I am sure I remember a Veolia bus. I used to see the bus towards Callerton regularly, but never used it.

Yes I think Veolia did used to operate the 4 at one point too.
(07 Apr 2019, 10:13 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes I think Veolia did used to operate the 4 at one point too.

I can't ever remember them being in Nexus colours though. 
Can remember the red Solo's, but not grey ones.
(07 Apr 2019, 10:44 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I can't ever remember them being in Nexus colours though. 
Can remember the red Solo's, but not grey ones.

Worked at Violia for a little bit and I remember the red solos and they had a few battleship grey with the red roof solos as well, vaguely remember soon 53 plate east lancs bodied single decks too.
(06 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Hmm interesting. I have found the Arriva 4 Metrocentre - Callerton timetable and it looks right, but I am sure I remember a Veolia bus. I used to see the bus towards Callerton regularly, but never used it.

List of Veolia services under contract to Nexus at July 11.

Services where Veolia provides the full service: 59 (North Tyneside) 68 (Gateshead) 168 (Sunderland) 335 (North Tyneside), 515, 530 (South Tyneside), K1/K2 (North Tyneside), M71 (Newcastle) W1/W1A, W2, W3 (North Tyneside).
Services where Veolia provides part of the service(e.g.. every other bus or at certain times of day): 4 (Newcastle) 19 (North Tyneside), 23, 29,(Gateshead) 32/32A 33 (Newcastle) 37, 73 (Sunderland) 85/86 (North Tyneside) 135/136 (Sunderland) 319 (North Tyneside) 592 (Sunderland), R3/R4 (Gateshead).
Services where Veolia provides only one or two early morning journeys:  1, 17 (North Tyneside), 42 (Sunderland) 45, 70 (Gateshead)

There were others previous to that too. They had the Washington - Chester evening services amongst others. 

(07 Apr 2019, 11:42 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Worked at Violia for a little bit and I remember the red solos and they had a few battleship grey with the red roof solos as well, vaguely remember soon 53 plate east lancs bodied single decks too.

53 plate single decks? Can't remember them at all. 
Which routes did they ply?
The 3 got replaced by the 553
The 4 got replaced by the 84/84A.
(06 Apr 2019, 10:16 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Interesting, maybe Stagecoach for the 8 

Probables Gateshead Central Taxi's for the 516 and 593.

Looks like GCT have won all of them
(09 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Looks like GCT have won all of them

GCT are taking on a lot of work now.
Invitation to tender has been issued for the H1 service with a contract start date of 21/7/2019 on a 12 month contract.
(01 May 2019, 6:28 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Invitation to tender has been issued for the H1 service with a contract start date of 21/7/2019 on a 12 month contract.

I always thought the H1 was funded by GNE.
(08 May 2019, 6:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I always thought the H1 was funded by GNE.
It is currently operated by Go North East commercially but has proven not to be commercially viable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(08 May 2019, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It is currently operated by Go North East commercially but has proven not to be commercially viable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Honestly, that's not a surprise, i think everyone thought that when it was launched.
Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for secured journeys on service 50 with a contract start date of 1/9/19.
(17 May 2019, 7:24 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for secured journeys on service 50 with a contract start date of 1/9/19.

Are these the Evening 50A journeys?
(01 May 2019, 6:28 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Invitation to tender has been issued for the H1 service with a contract start date of 21/7/2019 on a 12 month contract.

Gateshead central Taxi's has won this contract.
(17 May 2019, 7:24 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for secured journeys on service 50 with a contract start date of 1/9/19.

Any news on this contract?
Invitation to tender has been issued for Sunderland Connect 701 with a contract start date of 16/9/19.

(27 Mar 2019, 4:45 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued the invitation to tender for Miscellaneous and Schools Contracts for the period starting 1st September 2019. Requirements are low foor, easy access, PSVAR, Euro 4 or above with a capacity of 44, 60, 84 & 90.

Contracts have been awarded to:

A Line Coaches, Arriva, Go North East, Henry Cooper, JH Coaches, L&G Coaches, Stagecoach & Weardale.

(20 Jul 2019, 9:47 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]

Contracts have been awarded to:

A Line Coaches, Arriva, Go North East, Henry Cooper, JH Coaches, L&G Coaches, Stagecoach & Weardale.

Surprised Gateshead Central Taxi's aren't on that list.

(25 Jun 2019, 2:54 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Invitation to tender has been issued for Sunderland Connect 701 with a contract start date of 16/9/19.

Any news on the 701 contract?
Why do they tender school buses every year, as it doesn’t give operators time or incentive to operate smart looking vehicles. If you draft in buses for new tenders, why bother repainting and refurbishing when you could lose it all 11 months later. It can’t be great for the schools dealing with new operators every year or the drivers either.

Where I’m from it’s normal for school tenders to be 3 years, and public services will be tendered for 3-5 years to enable some element of stablility.