North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 May 2014, 4:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I personally think that the 38C will be operated by Go North East, providing they can see a profit in doing so. I'm sure a SimpliCity Versa could be arranged for low running costs.

Also think that the 96/96A will stay with Go North East, purely because they've operated it fairly well and can put in a cheap bid with their Euro 5 Versas.

Not sure about the 515/558. I think an independent could get it, rather than Arriva.

Think Arriva are more likely to get the R3/R4/R6 - don't think GNE have any resources to accommodate these, but Arriva might?

Arriva probably do have resources yeah.
Do you think GNE will purchase more Solos for Nexus Bus work in the coming years?
(18 May 2014, 4:03 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Arriva probably do have resources yeah.
Do you think GNE will purchase more Solos for Nexus Bus work in the coming years?

It's more down to winning the work than buying speculatively.

We also have the 794 up for tender from 31st August, they've put both runs into one contract too.
(18 May 2014, 4:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It's more down to winning the work than buying speculatively.

We also have the 794 up for tender from 31st August, they've put both runs into one contract too.

Yeah I suppose. We'll soon find out will operate the ones from July though.
Do you reckon Weardale have a chance?
(18 May 2014, 4:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]We also have the 794 up for tender from 31st August, they've put both runs into one contract too.

Aline currently do the 794 dont they?
(18 May 2014, 4:11 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Aline currently do the 794 dont they?

Indeed they do:
[Image: 9215902897_88012fc4c6.jpg]
Compass have cancelled the 38, 515/558 and 73. Looks like they won't be operating these Big Grin

PB1074031/7 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and Tunstall Bank Estate given service number 38 effective from 27-Jul-2014.

PB1074031/9 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Interchange and Hebburn given service number 515 effective from 27-Jul-2014.

PB1074031/10 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between DENE ESTATE, SEABURN and HEWORTH METRO STAND ( INTERCHANGE) given service number 558 effective from 27-Jul-2014.

PB1074031/12 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between WASHINGTON CONCORDE BUS STATION and SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE given service number 73 effective from 27-Jul-2014
(29 May 2014, 9:58 am)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]Interesting... I wonder which operator will gain these services?

Not 100% but

38C - GNE
515/558 - Not sure - is the PVR 2?
73 - GNE - not sure if they would run both as they require a NEXUS Solo SR on the 37 to! - if not i would like to see GNE/Arriva run it together!

Best thing is to keep checking VOSA over the next few days
(29 May 2014, 10:03 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not 100% but

38C - GNE
73 - GNE - not sure if they would run both as they require a NEXUS Solo SR on the 37 to! - if not i would like to see GNE/Arriva run it together!

Unless GNE scrap the 37 and run the whole 73 route?
(29 May 2014, 10:03 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not 100% but

38C - GNE

The 37/73 were combined into one tender with a PVR of 3. The 515/558 is a PVR of 2 (again as one contract this time round) - I would be looking for Jim Hughes to be making an entrance into service work soon...
(29 May 2014, 10:07 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]The 37/73 were combined into one tender with a PVR of 3. The 515/558 is a PVR of 2 (again as one contract this time round) - I would be looking for Jim Hughes to be making an entrance into service work soon...

I thought they only had coaches, my bad!
(29 May 2014, 10:07 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]The 37/73 were combined into one tender with a PVR of 3. The 515/558 is a PVR of 2 (again as one contract this time round) - I would be looking for Jim Hughes to be making an entrance into service work soon...

That would be brilliant. - Only contracted work?
As a reminder...

(31 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Up for tender from July with Nexus are

37/73 Doxford Park - Coach Road - Sunderland
Mon-Sat daytime - Euro 4 - PVR 3
38C Sunderland - Tunstall Bank
Evening & Sunday - Euro 4 - PVR 1
88 Lukes Lane - South Shields
Mon-Sun evening - Euro 4 - PVR 4
96/96A Metrocentre - Lobley Hill
Mon-Sun evening - Euro 4 - PVR 1
135/136 Sunderland - Hylton Circulars
Mon-Sat evening, Sunday - Euro 4 - PVR 2
515/558 Heworth - Hebburn/Seaburn
Mon-Sun daytime (515 not Sun) - Euro 4 - PVR 2
643 Metrocentre - Watergate Estate
Mon-Sat daytime - Euro 4 - PVR 1
size restriction due to small estate roads

R3/R4/R6 Clara Vale - Blaydon - Rowlands Gill local services
Mon-Sun all day - Euro 4 - PVR 3

Plus around 40 miscellaneous workings boards (mainly schools & works services I understand)
(29 May 2014, 10:13 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]That would be brilliant. - Only contracted work?

I guess it's a possibility they may win some contracted work that TGM Classic lose... Given the relationship between both companies.

(29 May 2014, 10:10 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I thought they only had coaches, my bad!

They do yes, however Jim Hughes is owned by Ian Shipley and his son, who are also the directors at Classic. Work has been moved out of Classic to Arriva and coaches have been transferred out to TGM Heathrow so I think we can all see what is going on there.
(29 May 2014, 10:33 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I guess it's a possibility they may win some contracted work that TGM Classic lose... Given the relationship between both companies.

They do yes, however Jim Hughes is owned by Ian Shipley and his son, who are also the directors at Classic. Work has been moved out of Classic to Arriva and coaches have been transferred out to TGM Heathrow so I think we can all see what is going on there.

Thanks for the info, =)

Would be nice for a new independent company to get contract work.
(29 May 2014, 10:33 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I guess it's a possibility they may win some contracted work that TGM Classic lose... Given the relationship between both companies.

I get the relationship between Classic and Jim Hughes. But if work is being tendered out by Nexus (coupled with all the rules that apply), how would the relationship benefit Jim Hughes?

It isn't as if Nexus could say 'Jim Hughes wasn't the lowest bid, but because of their relationship with Classic, we will give them the contract'.

I can only assume the bid writing techniques and costing exercises Classic have used, may be shared.

Didn't realise the Classic coach work was being shifted south.
Not too happy about that.
(29 May 2014, 10:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]I get the relationship between Classic and Jim Hughes. But if work is being tendered out by Nexus (coupled with all the rules that apply), how would the relationship benefit Jim Hughes?

It isn't as if Nexus could say 'Jim Hughes wasn't the lowest bid, but because of their relationship with Classic, we will give them the contract'.

I can only assume the bid writing techniques and costing exercises Classic have used, may be shared.

Jim Hughes will know Classic's commercially sensitive information which has allowed them to win those contracts in the first place. Puts them at advantage over other operators.
(29 May 2014, 11:02 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Jim Hughes will know Classic's commercially sensitive information which has allowed them to win those contracts in the first place. Puts them at advantage over other operators.

It potentially will do, but the problem with that is Classic will have different overheads and dead mileage compared to Jim Hughes, meaning the financials will be out of whack.

Using ticket data, coupled with the bid writing and costing expertise will give them a head start - but there will still be a lot of work to do.
(29 May 2014, 10:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]I get the relationship between Classic and Jim Hughes. But if work is being tendered out by Nexus (coupled with all the rules that apply), how would the relationship benefit Jim Hughes?

All that has happened is the coaches have gone south, not the work.
PB1099280/15 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWGATE STREET, NEWCASTLE
Finish Point: TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE, GATESHEAD
Via:
Service Number: 941
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 27-JUL-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONE JOURNEY PER DAY

PB1099280/16 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: HEWORTH INTERCHANGE, GATESHEAD
Finish Point: ARGYLE ST, HEBBURN SOUTH TYNESIDE
Via:
Service Number: 515
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY HOURLY

PB1099280/17 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Finish Point: DOVEDALE ROAD, SEABURN
Via:
Service Number: 558

PB1099280/18 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: METROCENTRE INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: GATESHEAD
Via:
Service Number: 96
Other Details: MONDAY, TUESDAY,WEDNESDAY, THURS, SATURDAY, SUNDAY HOURLY

PB1099280/19 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: CLARA VALE. CRAWCROOK
Finish Point: MAIN ROAD, ROWLANDS GILL
Via:
Service Number: R3
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Other Details: MONDAY TO SUNDAY HOURLY

PB1099280/20 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD METROCENTRE
Finish Point: THE CRESCENT, WHICKHAM
Via:
Service Number: 643
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY
(03 Jun 2014, 3:28 pm)markydh wrote [ -> ]PB1099280/15 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWGATE STREET, NEWCASTLE
Finish Point: TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE, GATESHEAD
Via:
Service Number: 941
Service Type: Limited Stop
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONE JOURNEY PER DAY

PB1099280/16 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Finish Point: ARGYLE ST, HEBBURN SOUTH TYNESIDE
Via:
Service Number: 515

PB1099280/17 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Finish Point: DOVEDALE ROAD, SEABURN
Via:
Service Number: 558

PB1099280/18 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: METROCENTRE INTERCHANGE
Finish Point: GATESHEAD
Via:
Service Number: 96
Other Details: MONDAY, TUESDAY,WEDNESDAY, THURS, SATURDAY, SUNDAY HOURLY

PB1099280/19 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: CLARA VALE. CRAWCROOK
Finish Point: MAIN ROAD, ROWLANDS GILL
Via:
Service Number: R3
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Other Details: MONDAY TO SUNDAY HOURLY

PB1099280/20 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GATESHEAD METROCENTRE
Finish Point: THE CRESCENT, WHICKHAM
Via:
Service Number: 643
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY

They won some decent contracts there!