North East Buses

Full Version: Abbotts of Leeming Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Abbotts of Leeming Bar, who operate into the Cleveland area on the North Yorkshire County Council Contract services 80/89 between Stokesley and Romanby (Northallerton from Tuesday), are moving further into the North East with new service X80 running between Northallerton and Middlesbrough from Tuesday. It operates 3 times a day Monday to Friday.

X80/X89 timetable from Tuesday
(16 Apr 2014, 6:00 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Abbotts of Leeming Bar, who operate into the Cleveland area on the North Yorkshire County Council Contract services 80/89 between Stokesley and Romanby (Northallerton from Tuesday), are moving further into the North East with new service X80 running between Northallerton and Middlesbrough from Tuesday. It operates 3 times a day Monday to Friday.

X80/X89 timetable from Tuesday

What buses will it use?

Should be interesting to see if anyone uses it
(16 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What buses will it use?

Abbots currently have 6 buses: A Plaxton Beaver, 3 Optare Solos and 2 Optare Solo SRs. Abbots of Leeming operate 3 bus services, the 1 from Northallerton-Brompton running Wednesday and Saturday only (PVR: 1-Optare Solo) and then of course the 80 and the 89 from Northallerton to Stokesley (PVR: 2-Optare Solo SRs). Therefore Abbots have the same number of spare vehicles as required vehicles (though I presume the 'spares' can be found on scholars when not in use rather than sitting in the depot rotting)! As a result of the NYCC subsidy reductions, Service 1 is withdrawn from the 10th May this year (which will presumably allow Abbots to sell the Plaxton Beaver and possibly the older Optare Solo) and from the 22nd of April the 80 and 89 will see a revised timetable with only a two hourly service (this will decrease the PVR of the services to just 1 between them). As a result, in six days time, Abbots will have a spare Optare Solo SR and subsequently have decided to set up the new services X80 and X89 which will give the Solo SR something to operate on (rather than it just being used on scholars) and may also make the company some money/make up for the profit that will be lost from the withdrawn journeys on the 80 and 89 as there is no direct bus service between Middlesbrough and Northallerton - at the moment your main (only?) public transport option would be the train.
(16 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What buses will it use?

Will use the other Solo SR freed up by the cuts to the 80/89 I would think.
(16 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Abbots currently have 6 buses: A Plaxton Beaver, 3 Optare Solos and 2 Optare Solo SRs. Abbots of Leeming operate 3 bus services, the 1 from Northallerton-Brompton running Wednesday and Saturday only (PVR: 1-Optare Solo) and then of course the 80 and the 89 from Northallerton to Stokesley (PVR: 2-Optare Solo SRs). Therefore Abbots have the same number of spare vehicles as required vehicles (though I presume the 'spares' can be found on scholars when not in use rather than sitting in the depot rotting)! As a result of the NYCC subsidy reductions, Service 1 is withdrawn from the 10th May this year (which will presumably allow Abbots to sell the Plaxton Beaver and possibly the older Optare Solo) and from the 22nd of April the 80 and 89 will see a revised timetable with only a two hourly service (this will decrease the PVR of the services to just 1 between them). As a result, in six days time, Abbots will have a spare Optare Solo SR and subsequently have decided to set up the new services X80 and X89 which will give the Solo SR something to operate on (rather than it just being used on scholars) and may also make the company some money/make up for the profit that will be lost from the withdrawn journeys on the 80 and 89 as there is no direct bus service between Middlesbrough and Northallerton - at the moment your main (only?) public transport option would be the train.

Wonder if they have deliberately shied away from it extending to Leeming itself.

Haven't checked the timetables out, but hopefully it ties in with the North/South train arrivals/departures from Northallerton - as it probably couldn't compete with the eastbound Middlesbrough trains for speed.
(16 Apr 2014, 8:33 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Will use the other Solo SR freed up by the cuts to the 80/89 I would think.

Thanks Smile
First departure from Middlesbrough seen this morning.
Abbotts have recently purchased a Scania Irizar i6 Tri-Axle (XL14 AOL) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/16146808554/ - Photographed on 26/02/15 at MetroCentre Coach Park.
Anyone know what buses Abbotts have
(03 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]Anyone know what buses Abbotts have

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operat...perator=23
(03 Jul 2015, 10:20 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operat...perator=23

Thank you
PB1078688/31 - CLIFFORD GEORGE ABBOTT & JAMES MATTHEW ABBOTT T/A G ABBOTT & SONS, 37 ROMAN ROAD, LEEMING, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9SN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between BROMPTON - WATER END and NORTHALLERTON - BUCKIN given service number 1 effective from 28-Sep-2015.
PB1078688/43 - CLIFFORD GEORGE ABBOTT & JAMES MATTHEW ABBOTT T/A G ABBOTT & SONS, 37 ROMAN ROAD, LEEMING, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9SN

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LEEMING VILLAGE and LEEMING VILLAGE given service number X80/X89 effective from 24-Aug-2015. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
(20 Aug 2015, 1:28 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB1078688/43 - CLIFFORD GEORGE ABBOTT & JAMES MATTHEW ABBOTT T/A G ABBOTT & SONS, 37 ROMAN ROAD, LEEMING, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9SN

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between LEEMING VILLAGE and LEEMING VILLAGE given service number X80/X89 effective from 24-Aug-2015. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

All journeys will additionally serve Great Ayton and operate at new times.

Three journeys will continue to operate in each direction, departing from Middlesbrough Bus Station at 1100, 1330 and 1620 and returning from Northallerton, The Buck Inn at 0945 1210 and 1500. 

According to Connect Tees Valley these changes commence on September 1st although the quoted VOSA registration says different.
(26 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]All journeys will additionally serve Great Ayton and operate at new times.

Three journeys will continue to operate in each direction, departing from Middlesbrough Bus Station at 1100, 1330 and 1620 and returning from Northallerton, The Buck Inn at 0945 1210 and 1500. 

According to Connect Tees Valley these changes commence on September 1st although the quoted VOSA registration says different.

How have you got the timetable? I've just checked CTV and they've not updated yet (despite there being Stagecoach changes on Tuesday as well)
(26 Aug 2015, 8:42 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]How have you got the timetable? I've just checked CTV and they've not updated yet (despite there being Stagecoach changes on Tuesday as well)

It's on the PDF of service changes on which has just been updated today, seriously need to update their timetables as there is a number of changes this weekend and they still aren't up. I just copied and pasted the info from there.
(26 Aug 2015, 8:45 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It's on the PDF of service changes on which has just been updated today, seriously need to update their timetables as there is a number of changes this weekend and they still aren't up.

Even that for me hasn't updated. Seems to be a few issues as viewing it on my iPad still shows the June version (pre-Arriva changes) plus a search on Google brought up 'This Page may have been hacked'.
(26 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Even that for me hasn't updated. Seems to be a few issues as viewing it on my iPad still shows the June version (pre-Arriva changes) plus a search on Google brought up 'This Page may have been hacked'.

Weird, I can view the August 26th changes PDF fine on my laptop.

Try this link.
http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/tr...hanges.pdf
Yup I've just looked and it was showing fine for me too.
Interesting to see some other changes I didn't know about too
Pages: 1 2 3