North East Buses

Full Version: Customer Service thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(19 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]http://www.comeonengland.org/2015/06/19/...n-who-fil/

Why do I now have visions of this happening if I jump on a Belmont bus?

Although seriously what has happened in this video is totally disgusting
Well, the Sunderland bound service 8, that has just passed through Rickleton at 1734, has just provided a cracking example of customer service.

Obviously in a bit of a hurry, being 10 mins late and all, the bus has went straight past a couple of lasses with their hand out. Although we did come to a stop towards the end of the bus link, we sharply moved off after about 5 seconds, and without them. I guess the drivers expectation was they'd sprint towards the bus...

Last time I sent one of these in, I was told I couldn't make a complaint about it, because it didn't affect me. Hence a post instead.
Could somebody please provide the opening and closing times for the travel shops at both Chester-le-Street and Washington (or just the one set if they're both the same) please. Just need to sort something and since we don't have a proper travel shop at Stanley or Consett, one of those 2 would be best. You won't need to go to the trouble of the Saturday times (think they both close at 14:00 anyway) and i know they're closed on Sundays. Just a bit iffy on Wednesdays as some shops are open half day and with it being something i am not familiar with, i have my doubts. Thank you in advance.
(11 Aug 2015, 6:51 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Could somebody please provide the opening and closing times for the travel shops at both Chester-le-Street and Washington (or just the one set if they're both the same) please. Just need to sort something and since we don't have a proper travel shop at Stanley or Consett, one of those 2 would be best. You won't need to go to the trouble of the Saturday times (think they both close at 14:00 anyway) and i know they're closed on Sundays. Just a bit iffy on Wednesdays as some shops are open half day and with it being something i am not familiar with, i have my doubts. Thank you in advance.

http://www.simplygo.com/travelshops/
(11 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]http://www.simplygo.com/travelshops/

Never even noticed that page before. There is a specsavers in Chester-le-Street, right?

Thanks!
If I remember and we get there, I'll check the one at the Galleries, tomorrow. Of course, you could always try ringing them.

Even Thornley has started having shops open on a Wednesday afternoon, mind. Racing into the 20th century Big Grin
(11 Aug 2015, 6:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Never even noticed that page before. There is a specsavers in Chester-le-Street, right?

Thanks!

Yep Wink
I've always found the Chester times to be a bit bizarre!

By the way, does anybody remember the old Washington travel shop? Where you'd go in through the coaches waiting room, with the changing room style wooden benches round it?
(11 Aug 2015, 7:00 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I've always found the Chester times to be a bit bizarre!

By the way, does anybody remember the old Washington travel shop? Where you'd go in through the coaches waiting room, with the changing room style wooden benches round it?

Oh yep. They started making changes to the station about the time that I stopped going there regularly.

It's all lighter and brighter, now, but I miss the metal railings that forced people to queue in order. It's just a free for all when a bus turns up, now.
(11 Aug 2015, 7:14 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Oh yep. They started making changes to the station about the time that I stopped going there regularly.

It's all lighter and brighter, now, but I miss the metal railings that forced people to queue in order. It's just a free for all when a bus turns up, now.
It certainly is. I loved our leaky shed! Smile

I even remember the old PTE board at the bottom end (towards ASDA). It remained long after deregulation, hence it being in my memory.
It's great how a multi-national company like Arriva can get away with not advising people that a major road has been closed and buses can't serve x, y and z.

Yet, when I write to them to advise them about a road being closed and how they never wrote anything about it, they reply that the road has reopened and buses are using that road as per usual. When it wasn't. The road is still closed (as of half an hour ago), with police still present while buses are being diverted.

As written in the Arriva Sapphire customer charter; We’ve set ourselves a punctuality target, to ensure a minimum of 95% of scheduled journeys will run no more than five minutes late or one minute early. Where we have to change the service because of roadworks or other factors (such as special events), we will advertise the fact as soon as possible on board and/or via our website, Facebook and Twitter pages (assuming we ourselves are given sufficient notice).

Also to note, as stated above, "Where we have to change the service because of roadworks or other factors", as some may have gathered a couple weeks ago, Ashington bus station was closed during demolition work, no sufficient notice to where the temporary bus stops would be, online or at the bus station, and just leaving passengers to assume where the bus would stop is good Sapphire customer service?

I find Arriva's customer service absolutely appalling.
Had an interesting one today, whilst on the GNE 20.

I boarded at Durham Bus Station, and a lad in front of me wanted a single to Sunderland Interchange. He was quoted £4.10, and questioned it as too expensive. Driver confirmed that was the fare, so he took his ticket. He then turned back to question it, as the ticket stated 'South Shields Market Place' on it.

Rather than take the time to explain simplified fares and the fare table to the customer, the driver decided to be rude and obnoxious instead, insisting that the customer can "take it or leave it", "if he has an issue wait till you get to Sunderland and complain to a supervisor", and "it's not my problem. the machine issues fares not me.".

As this argument went on for a good 2-3 minutes, and we were getting no where, I stepped in to explain the simplified fares, and that the ticket will actually print the furthest destination you can travel to within that fare bracket. The customer seemed to accept this and sat down.

I can't see why the driver would take the approach he did, given that he only had to produce the fare table that the service is legally required to carry and produce on request.

Baffling, and hardly a great example to set to that customer, and the queue of customers behind.
(07 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Had an interesting one today, whilst on the GNE 20.

I boarded at Durham Bus Station, and a lad in front of me wanted a single to Sunderland Interchange. He was quoted £4.10, and questioned it as too expensive. Driver confirmed that was the fare, so he took his ticket. He then turned back to question it, as the ticket stated 'South Shields Market Place' on it.

Rather than take the time to explain simplified fares and the fare table to the customer, the driver decided to be rude and obnoxious instead, insisting that the customer can "take it or leave it", "if he has an issue wait till you get to Sunderland and complain to a supervisor", and "it's not my problem. the machine issues fares not me.".

As this argument went on for a good 2-3 minutes, and we were getting no where, I stepped in to explain the simplified fares, and that the ticket will actually print the furthest destination you can travel to within that fare bracket. The customer seemed to accept this and sat down.

I can't see why the driver would take the approach he did, given that he only had to produce the fare table that the service is legally required to carry and produce on request.

Baffling, and hardly a great example to set to that customer, and the queue of customers behind.
It wasn't me Wink
(07 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Had an interesting one today, whilst on the GNE 20.

Thanks for providing all of these details, but my real question is, was it a branded vehicle on the 20 or not?  Big Grin Big Grin
(07 Sep 2015, 8:01 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Thanks for providing all of these details, but my real question is, was it a branded vehicle on the 20 or not?  Big Grin Big Grin

In the absence of the 'Like' button...

'Like' Big Grin
(07 Sep 2015, 9:04 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]In the absence of the 'Like' button...

'Like' Big Grin

Aye...I miss that LIKE button
I received a reply from Customer Services about a week back, it landed in my spam folder and forgot to put it in my folders.

Basically it was about being conned at Ashington bus station and the 0930 X22 not turning up.

I was told that there is no CCTV facing towards the shelter (Stand A, go and look for yourself to see if theres CCTV pointing towards the stand from a lamppost...!) so they couldn't have recorded it. It wasn't an Arriva matter, despit it being an Arriva bus station and how I should contact the police "if its serious enough".

So, nothing to prevent a similar incident, as it is not an Arriva matter.

The 0930 X22 experienced difficulties of some sort and regretfully missed the bus station. As I used the X20 (non Sapphire service), I don't qualify for a no-quibble money back voucher either.

Exactly the response I expected, rather unhelpful and no apology.
(26 Nov 2015, 3:32 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I received a reply from Customer Services about a week back, it landed in my spam folder and forgot to put it in my folders.

Basically it was about being conned at Ashington bus station and the 0930 X22 not turning up.

I was told that there is no CCTV facing towards the shelter (Stand A, go and look for yourself to see if theres CCTV pointing towards the stand from a lamppost...!) so they couldn't have recorded it. It wasn't an Arriva matter, despit it being an Arriva bus station and how I should contact the police "if its serious enough".

So, nothing to prevent a similar incident, as it is not an Arriva matter.

The 0930 X22 experienced difficulties of some sort and regretfully missed the bus station. As I used the X20 (non Sapphire service), I don't qualify for a no-quibble money back voucher either.

Exactly the response I expected, rather unhelpful and no apology.
How were you conned?
(26 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]How were you conned?

I was waiting for the bus, then a rather scruffy looking middle-aged man approached me and asked for £1.20 so he could afford his fare. He then asked for 20p as he was short. He then went and approached a woman for a cigarette he then started asking personal questions (family, school, where I live etc) before walking off five minutes before the bus was due.
(26 Nov 2015, 4:01 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I was waiting for the bus, then a rather scruffy looking middle-aged man approached me and asked for £1.20 so he could afford his fare. He then asked for 20p as he was short. He then went and approached a woman for a cigarette he then started asking personal questions (family, school, where I live etc) before walking off five minutes before the bus was due.

Then that's definitely not an Arriva matter!

With all of these situations, if you're willing to hand over some change, you have to be willing to do so knowing that there is a likelihood that the person in question is a chancer. I'd not feel any guilt about saying sorry, but no, anyhow, since I can't think of anywhere in the region where £1.20 buys you a bus ticket that isn't walkable by anyone reasonably able bodied
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13