North East Buses

Full Version: Customer Service thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Contacted Lothian Buses (or 'Exterion Media', the company who deals with Lothian's advertising) earlier to get some rough prices on advertising on buses, and received a reply within 20 minutes from the Business Director of the company who forwarded my e-mail on to another employee who can assist.

As I explained that I requested these details to help with a Business Studies assignment I have, I'm incredibly shocked (and chuffed) that I received a personal reply in such a short period of time.
Had an acknowledgement from Arriva customer services earlier today, regarding an email I sent them on the 18th November. I had to go back through my sent items to see what I'd actually sent!
Forgot to add to the above - the employee who was meant to reply didn't, but the Business Director got in touch a few days later with a PowerPoint presentation (presumably pre-prepared for actual customers) with answers to my queries.

Really helped with my Business Studies assignment!
Emailed Arriva last Monday and recieved a reply yesterday, however, although it was within the 10 days they didn't seem to acknowledge what I was saying, leaving me rather annoyed. I complained about the general timekeeping and warmth of the buses used on the route, giving examples. They proceeded to tell me to fill out an individual journey complaint form. If I've specified in my original email it was a generic complaint, about a specific few vehicles then surely you don't need journey details, when I've told them which buses I was complaining about??  Angry
In a test case that affects all UK bus operators, the Court of Appeal has overturned a ruling by Leeds Crown Court, about the rights of wheelchair users on buses.

It means that the current interpretation of the law – that other passengers, such as those with buggies can only be asked to vacate the wheelchair space not be forced to leave it – is upheld.

http://www.route-one.net/industry/judges...-industry/
"Go Cornwall Bus"

Go-Ahead-owned Plymouth Citybus has acquired Western Greyhound bus services in the Liskeard area.

It follows Western Greyhound being offered for sale, after a period of poor operation and financial pressures (routeone, News, 19 November).

Says Western Greyhound MD and co-owner Mark Howarth: “The company continues in discussions with interested parties for the rest of the business and an announcement will be made in due course.”

Go-Ahead took over on Monday (8 December) in south-east Cornwall, safeguarding 31 bus driving jobs in the area, and continuing to run the Western Greyhound timetables currently in place.

This includes routes 572 (Looe-Plymouth), 573 (Looe-Liskeard), 574 (Liskeard Callington) and 576 (Plymouth-Callington-Launceston-Bude).

It will also run the section of route 593 between Plymouth and Liskeard, with Western Greyhound running the 593 between Newquay and Liskeard. Through tickets will continue to be available.

Plymouth Citybus intends to take over the lease of the depot off Culverwood Road in Liskeard, along with nine low-floor buses that will be branded under the new name of ‘Go Cornwall Bus’.

http://www.route-one.net/industry/go-ahead-steps/
Quote:In a test case that affects all UK bus operators, the Court of Appeal has overturned a ruling by Leeds Crown Court, about the rights of wheelchair users on buses.

It means that the current interpretation of the law – that other passengers, such as those with buggies can only be asked to vacate the wheelchair space not be forced to leave it – is upheld.
I totally disagree with allowing pushchairs on buses, especially at peak times.

Almost every morning service 7 to Framwellgate Moor would arrive at Ferryhill Market Place with no seats left and often had standees and when we got to this stop as well as lots of students and people getting to work there was a man and a woman got on at that stop almost every morning and this almost always meant that 3 people sat in the wheelchair bay would then have to stand so one of them and the pushchair could take the space which really put a strain on the loadings on that journey which is part of the reason that journey now has a duplicate working.

Also I don't see why if I'm sat in the wheelchair bay and a person with a pushchair wants to go there, I don't see why I should have to move with for them, especially when there is no other seats on the bus at the time which happened on the X66 the other week (I always do move without argument, even though I don't want to).

Also I think a person with a pushchair not moving for a wheelchair because the baby is sleeping is totally **** ignorant, you could take that baby out of the pushchair and fold the pushchair up and keep hold of the baby (I imagine this is harder if your on own, but still) and I actually think point blank refusing to move for a wheelchair in which you end up denying access to travel on that bus is discrimination in my mind and just been incredibly ignorant.
(12 Dec 2014, 8:50 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]I totally disagree with allowing pushchairs on buses, especially at peak times.

Almost every morning service 7 to Framwellgate Moor would arrive at Ferryhill Market Place with no seats left and often had standees and when we got to this stop as well as lots of students and people getting to work there was a man and a woman got on at that stop almost every morning and this almost always meant that 3 people sat in the wheelchair bay would then have to stand so one of them and the pushchair could take the space which really put a strain on the loadings on that journey which is part of the reason that journey now has a duplicate working.

Also I don't see why if I'm sat in the wheelchair bay and a person with a pushchair wants to go there, I don't see why I should have to move with for them, especially when there is no other seats on the bus at the time which happened on the X66 the other week (I always do move without argument, even though I don't want to).

Also I think a person with a pushchair not moving for a wheelchair because the baby is sleeping is totally **** ignorant, you could take that baby out of the pushchair and fold the pushchair up and keep hold of the baby (I imagine this is harder if your on own, but still) and I actually think point blank refusing to move for a wheelchair in which you end up denying access to travel on that bus is discrimination in my mind and just been incredibly ignorant.

I disagree - you should move, as the priority is pushchairs and wheelchairs?
I always do.

Some people are less reluctant to though, I remember I was on the X66 once on a Prestige where there is only one space and an old lady with one of them tartan shopping trolleys got on at Harrowgate Hill then a mother and a pushchair got on at Morrisons and led to a loud heated debate until we reached Darlington Town Centre.

I think my hatred of pushchairs on buses comes from several trying to board the same bus to the point it is a health and safety risk, I was once on Stagecoach on Teesside service 36 and when I wanted to be off in the two spaces at the front there was 3 pushchairs and an OAP with tartan shopping trolley and when I got off I tripped and almost fell to the ground but managed to grab the handrails to prevent this accident although it did result in my knees being in pain for a few days. Something seriously needs to be done about pushchair overloading.
(12 Dec 2014, 8:50 pm)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]I totally disagree with allowing pushchairs on buses, especially at peak times.

I was initially a bit outraged by the decision, but having spoken to others about it, I really don't think the issue isn't as big as it seems. The Equality Act 2010 is quite clear that direct discrimination occurs, when a person receives treatment less favourably than they would another, because of a protected characteristic. Protected characteristics being disability, gender, etc. The operators are providing accessible buses, the space for wheelchair users, but they can't help it if the buses are already full. The wheelchair user isn't being treated less favourably if they can't access the wheelchair space, as if an able bodied person got on and wanted to sit there, then they couldn't do so either. 

It really needs to be kept simple - first come first served. If a wheelchair gets on at the first stop, then tough, only another pushchair can get on. If two pushchairs are on, then tough, 8 people need to stand instead of having the seats they take up.
I have tried looking at this from both perspectives and can see a number of different views - however, I keep coming back to the same point.

The space's and easy access vehicles, came about due to legislation and pressure from disability groups.
Bus operators and manufacturers, were left with the costs, for what essentially is a small portion of their market (how many wheelchair users do you see?).

The changes to bus layout and design, reduced seating capacity and also space to store bags, shopping and folded bulky items, such as pushchairs.
Sensing a marketing opportunity, the operators promoted the space created for wheelchairs, advertising its suitability for pushchairs.

Excellent, except that able bodied users view the seats as their own, often refusing to move for pushchairs.
Those with pushchairs, have refused to move for wheelchairs.

You also get the complaints made by those with pushchairs wanting to get on a bus, but unable to due to a pushchair or wheelchair already being on board.

Which brings me back to the point about easy access vehicles and lack of storage facilities/luggage bays.
There isn't anywhere to store a folded pushchair - due to the design of the easy access vehicles.

Whilst not apportioning blame, wheelchair users have been put in this position, by virtue of the successful (as it should have been) campaign to make buses accessible to all.
Received a phone call this morning from Arriva concerning the complaint I sent at the start of the month. They basically said that if the bus was cold for the entire journey I should inform the driver. I'm sorry but, I'm sure they'll be just as cold? And me going up to them telling them this will probably just annoy them even more!
(30 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm)mb134 Wrote: [ -> ]Received a phone call this morning from Arriva concerning the complaint I sent at the start of the month. They basically said that if the bus was cold for the entire journey I should inform the driver. I'm sorry but, I'm sure they'll be just as cold? And me going up to them telling them this will probably just annoy them even more!

A month for them to tell you that?
(30 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]A month for them to tell you that?
Yep...
I sent two complaints on two days in the same week about the same issue (I was seriously annoyed on the second day anyway and that made it worse hence they got an email).
First was sent on the 1st, second on the 4th.
I received general responses telling me to fill a form out so they could find out which exact buses they were. These were recieved on the 8th and 10th, and replied to. So yeah a month to tell me to report it to the driver when it happens again basically... 
(30 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm)mb134 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep...
I sent two complaints on two days in the same week about the same issue (I was seriously annoyed on the second day anyway and that made it worse hence they got an email).
First was sent on the 1st, second on the 4th.
I received general responses telling me to fill a form out so they could find out which exact buses they were. These were recieved on the 8th and 10th, and replied to. So yeah a month to tell me to report it to the driver when it happens again basically... 

I've had a voicemail left this morning about one of mine, despite asking for any correspondence to be made via email. Will call them back shortly and ask them to do just that. It's been that long that I had to dig through my emails to see what it was actually about, and I'm still non the wiser!

Also had a response on Christmas Eve, about a GNE complaint I'd made during the first week in December. Despite waiting almost three weeks for a response, I was told that 'the service' suffered high levels of delays due to traffic congestion. Despite a number of different services, on a number of different routes, being the subject of the complaint.

Two examples of customer services not reading what customers are writing to them. It's either that, or they choose to do otherwise, which is worse imo.
Just tried to call Arriva back. After wasting my time listening to IVR options, I get a recorded message - "Due to unforeseen circumstances, no agents are available to take your call. Please call back later." - disconnected. 

What's wrong with a queueing system?
(30 Dec 2014, 4:28 pm)aureolin Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a voicemail left this morning about one of mine, despite asking for any correspondence to be made via email. Will call them back shortly and ask them to do just that. It's been that long that I had to dig through my emails to see what it was actually about, and I'm still non the wiser!

Also had a response on Christmas Eve, about a GNE complaint I'd made during the first week in December. Despite waiting almost three weeks for a response, I was told that 'the service' suffered high levels of delays due to traffic congestion. Despite a number of different services, on a number of different routes, being the subject of the complaint.

Two examples of customer services not reading what customers are writing to them. It's either that, or they choose to do otherwise, which is worse imo.
It's not on, it seems like they're not putting any actual thought into the responses they are giving. It looks as though they don't really care if the bus is late and why. 

Take part of my complaint, I stated that part of the allocation (specifying which vehicles) were always cold, and late. Theu responded to the cold bit, half of the complaint. So not only did they not fully respond it seemed to me like they didn't read my complaint thoroughly enough, if they had I wouldn't have needed to fill out a specific journey form so they could find the bus that I had a problem with they would have instead had a look at all buses I was complaining about. 

Now they expect me to complain every time it happens, even though they could have already sorted kt if they read it properly  
This isn't me being cheeky, but are either of you genuinely surprised with the responses you received?
(30 Dec 2014, 9:19 pm)Andreos1 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't me being cheeky, but are either of you genuinely surprised with the responses you received?
A little, a couple of their responses (ticket info and time /route queries) in the past have been quick. However as it's my first real complaint I am surprised at the quality of response. Perhaps I was expecting a bit much though, taking into consideration other people's experiences on here, and some of the comments/responses on the Facebook page Smile 
(30 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm)mb134 Wrote: [ -> ]Received a phone call this morning from Arriva concerning the complaint I sent at the start of the month. They basically said that if the bus was cold for the entire journey I should inform the driver. I'm sorry but, I'm sure they'll be just as cold? And me going up to them telling them this will probably just annoy them even more!

Best way I would say, drivers can report it to engineering and then (hopefully) should get fixed. CS getting it to the depots could take weeks given their pace.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13