North East Buses

Full Version: Nightingale Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Some buses have started to be moved already but on Saturday 10th May, Nightingale coaches will officially leave their depot at Greencroft for South Moor which is the end of the street with the Chippy on the corner. This could possibly link to why they had buses taking enthusiasts to their depot a couple of weeks ago from Durham.
Where are they moving to?

I always thought their garage was located in South Moor between Bridge Street and Charlotte Street. I've delivered things there before.
(07 May 2014, 9:32 pm)AdamY Wrote: [ -> ]Where are they moving to?

I always thought their garage was located in South Moor between Bridge Street and Charlotte Street. I've delivered things there before.

Double checked against tyresmoke's website and he has the following details:

Nightingale Coaches
G & P Johnson Ltd t/a Nightingale Coaches
Units 21 & 22, Greencroft Industrial Estate, Stanley, DH9 7XP
(08 May 2014, 4:56 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Double checked against tyresmoke's website and he has the following details:

Nightingale Coaches
G & P Johnson Ltd t/a Nightingale Coaches
Units 21 & 22, Greencroft Industrial Estate, Stanley, DH9 7XP

I wasn't disputing the fact if that's how my post came across.

However, I am sure that I've seen Nightingale vehicles parked up in the yard at South Moor before. It is a garage so it might be where work gets done; or one or two vehicles may occasionally be stored there for whatever purpose.

Because of that, I'd assumed they were based there that's all.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/54.861...m2!1m0!1m0
And to prove to myself that I'm not imagining things, I managed to photograph a couple of Nightingale vehicles parked at the Bridge Street location while at work today.

[attachment=5460]

Sorry for the poor quality!
(08 May 2014, 2:46 pm)MurdnunoC Wrote: [ -> ]And to prove to myself that I'm not imagining things, I managed to photograph a couple of Nightingale vehicles parked at the Bridge Street location while at work today.

Sorry for the poor quality!

This was the place i was on about in my post and those vehicles are also the ones which i said had already transferred - sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, they currently have this:

[Image: 5972642491_679efd8e78.jpg]SOUTHERN COACHES Barrhead Glasgow Scotland by Mike Brocklebank, on Flickr

It is just in its plain cream base livery without Southern Coaches Barrhead vinyls.
Red double door double decker seen coming up Park Road think  - think lf02 ntu

As usual sounded good - better than some of the buses on the X30
With thanks to Ross Newman at Ensign (posted on various groups)...

Bought from Arriva London via Ensign are
VLW54 LF02PSX
VLW55 LF02PSY
VLW58 LF02PTU
VLW63 LF02PVK
VLW64 LF02PVL
VLW66 LF02PVO
(05 Jul 2015, 8:18 am)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]With thanks to Ross Newman at Ensign (posted on various groups)...

Bought from Arriva London via Ensign are
VLW54 LF02PSX
VLW55 LF02PSY
VLW58 LF02PTU
VLW63 LF02PVK
VLW64 LF02PVL
VLW66 LF02PVO

So not for Arriva NE, then..!
(05 Jul 2015, 8:21 am)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]So not for Arriva NE, then..!

Indeed, quite a large batch have been sold off, 10 to Rosso, 6 to Nightingale and 3 to Sullivan Buses
Any idea if these are to replace some of the older Buses or has the Company gained some more work.
(05 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm)BUSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea if these are to replace some of the older Buses or has the Company gained some more work.

Believe they have won some Nexus work - see a picture of all 6 here - http://nightingalecoaches.com/news.asp?n=3

Sold to Plaxton's is Unvi Riada C10NGC, while added to the fleet are
Volvo B12B ST09SOU
Volvo B12B KX07HDN
Dennis Javelin OU04KMX
Plus the 6 B7TL's as previous post
(07 Jul 2015, 12:40 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Believe they have won some Nexus work - see a picture of all 6 here - http://nightingalecoaches.com/news.asp?n=3

Sold to Plaxton's is Unvi Riada C10NGC, while added to the fleet are
Volvo B12B ST09SOU
Volvo B12B KX07HDN
Dennis Javelin OU04KMX
Plus the 6 B7TL's as previous post

Cheers for the update.
PB1088679/8 - G & P JOHNSON LTD T/A NIGHTINGALE COACHES, 7 AMBROSE COURT, STANLEY, DH9 8GA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Chollerford, Northumberland
Finish Point: St Thomas More Catholic School, Blaydon
Via:
Service Number: 550
Service Type: Hail & Ride/School or Works
Effective Date: 06-SEP-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday St Thomas More School term time only
LF02 PVL has been coverted to single door and repainted. Still to receive fleet names: 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/19793925969/
(10 Jul 2015, 10:37 am)Jimmi Wrote: [ -> ]PB1088679/8 - G & P JOHNSON LTD T/A NIGHTINGALE COACHES, 7 AMBROSE COURT, STANLEY, DH9 8GA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Chollerford, Northumberland
Finish Point: St Thomas More Catholic School, Blaydon
Via:
Service Number: 550
Service Type: Hail & Ride/School or Works
Effective Date: 06-SEP-2015
Other Details: Monday to Friday St Thomas More School term time only

That's a canny route like.

When I went to 'Tommies' (albeit some years ago) the furthest anyone came from along the Tyne Valley was Crawcrook. The catchment area must have grown somewhat!
Nightingale have acquired another Premiere - registered as C15NGC. Anyone got any previous details for it?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/1978...datetaken/
DAF Van Hool T8 NCZ5381 has been part exchanged with Gardiners NMC - not sure whether they have got anything new or if it may have been for one of the coaches previously mentioned arriving.
Now for sale on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T8-Vanhool-DAF...1a04124d5c
Good evening its nightingale coaches here... We would like to invite all bus spotters to our open day, a chance to photograph our new Volvo b7tl's once painted and wearing the company's livery. We will announce the date on the forum with good time. All welcome tea and coffee on the day too.

We hope this goes as well as our " Enthusiasts visit to Nightingales " trip

NGC100
(15 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)NGC100 Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening its nightingale coaches here... We would like to invite all bus spotters to our open day, a chance to photograph our new Volvo b7tl's once painted and wearing the company's livery. We will announce the date on the forum with good time. All welcome tea and coffee on the day too.

We hope this goes as well as our " Enthusiasts visit to Nightingales " trip

NGC100

Thank you for telling us. Providing it's on a weekend, I'll definitely try and attend. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6