North East Buses

Full Version: Gillinghams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find a thread relating to 'Gillinghams', so I thought I'd make one. My english teacher's dad is a long serving employee there, and drives everything from scholars contracts to long distance coach journeys. Any information or suggestions relating to Gillingham's goes beneath here.
In my view its one of the smartest independent firms in the Area may i ask how many Coaches they have is it about ten nice to see some one mention them as seemed to get over looked.
(13 May 2014, 6:22 pm)BUSFAN wrote [ -> ]In my view its one of the smartest independent firms in the Area may i ask how many Coaches they have is it about ten nice to see some one mention them as seemed to get over looked.

I know they have everything from full size coaches to minibuses and large taxis. I don't believe they own any Double Deckers or Single Deckers, and from looking at various photos they have at least around fifteen vehicles. I'll have a chance to talk to my english teacher on Friday so I'll ask her about specific details then.

They have a VERY complex and modern website, so they obviously do have some very good contracts and vehicles (7 to 70 seaters)

For anyone who doesn't know very much at this company;

http://gillinghamscoaches.co.uk/coaches/
They have a some nice Coaches over the years and the yard is easy to take pictures as round the back street at Catchgate.
(13 May 2014, 6:42 pm)BUSFAN wrote [ -> ]They have a some nice Coaches over the years  and the yard is easy to take pictures as round the back street at Catchgate.

Yeah  - if you go round onto the road through Hamsterley Gdns, you can get a clear view of the coaches. You can even walk over the field down to the back fence.
(13 May 2014, 6:42 pm)BUSFAN wrote [ -> ]They have a some nice Coaches over the years  and the yard is easy to take pictures as round the back street at Catchgate.

Yeah  - if you go round onto the road through Hamsterley Gdns, you can get a clear view of the coaches. You can even walk over the field down to the back fence.
Gillinghams now have YN59BKO Mercedes Benz 0816D C33F.

Y333JSM has been re-registered GIL1792. The old GIL1792 (Volvo B10M, originally A651UGD) is still at the depot out of use.

Charles
Gillingham's now have a smart looking Setra in a grey/silver livery which has old style black & silver number plates (Reg: AG9924)
(11 May 2016, 4:43 pm)John_R wrote [ -> ]Gillingham's now have a smart looking Setra in a grey/silver livery which has old style black & silver number plates (Reg: AG9924)

As i have said before they have one of the most well kept fleets in the North East.The reg AG9924 used to be on a Volvo B58 they had years ago then it was placed on one of the Plaxton Paramounts not sure if it was a B10M or Tiger so i am guessing the Setra has replaced one of the older Coaches.
Hi

New/newish arrivals at Gillingham's appears to be at least a pair of former Ulsterbus Scania K420EB6/Irizar Century PB 130/131; BFZ 3130 & BFZ 3131.

BFZ 3130 is seen here at Newcastle Central Station on 03/10/20 https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/50450064528/

BFZ 3131 was also seen on the 10/10/20.

HTH