replies 2,986, views 852,381
Storx 14 Apr 2024, 8:17 pm
Forum Off-topic bus chat
replies 305, views 60,707
LVK 404L 14 Apr 2024, 5:59 pm
Transport for the North
by Andreos1, 16 Jan 2018, 11:42 am
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...n-14160606

Details of TfN plan currently being unveiled.
Transport for the North
by Andreos1, 16 Jan 2018, 11:42 am

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...n-14160606

Details of TfN plan currently being unveiled.

Tyne and Wear Fire Brigade
by Rapidsnap, 11 Jan 2018, 10:57 pm
Just been browsing through Flickr to find that Tyne and Wear fire and rescue service have withdrawn their Dennis Dart SLF / ELC Spryte Mobile Command Unit (NK51XXC) and have replaced it with a Volvo truck based mobile command centre. The Dart had been new to the Fire service in 2001 replacing the Dennis Dominator based Mobile Command unit.
Tyne and Wear Fire Brigade
by Rapidsnap, 11 Jan 2018, 10:57 pm

Just been browsing through Flickr to find that Tyne and Wear fire and rescue service have withdrawn their Dennis Dart SLF / ELC Spryte Mobile Command Unit (NK51XXC) and have replaced it with a Volvo truck based mobile command centre. The Dart had been new to the Fire service in 2001 replacing the Dennis Dominator based Mobile Command unit.

Issues with drivers and bus passes
by Indigo701, 06 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm
Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice concerning GNE and my bus pass. I have Asperger Syndrome and hold a County Durham concession bus pass, my pass also allows for a companion to travel with me. However I have had issues with go north east bus drivers and my pass.

I am aware that my pass has to be checked on occasion to stop fraud, however certain for go north east drivers have started to target me and accuse me of stealing a pass, after printing a ticket for me these drivers have demanded to see my pass, with one driver following me to a seat and shouting at me in front of a crowded bus.

I’ve also been thrown off an X1 because the driver didn’t need believe that I was disabled and just yesterday my partner and I were going to Newcastle when the driver of the x21 demanded that I show my pass. Despite two other people, one being in a wheelchair and an elderly lady who the driver let on without hesitation, I lost my temper and walked off the bus.

I feel that I’m being signaled out for having autism, that because it can’t been seen means it’s not real. 

I’ve written to the managing director about this, I have also had many heated correspondences with customer services, with the latest being that it’s for “revenue protection” and that the driver was in the right. 

I’m now scared to use my pass, my social anxiety on buses has gotten so bad my partner doesn’t want to get buses with me for fear I’ll have a meltdowns

I just wondering if anyone else has had issues like this.

Hello Everyone, 

I need some advice concerning GNE and my bus pass. I have Asperger Syndrome and hold a County Durham concession bus pass, my pass also allows for a companion to travel with me. However I have had issues with go north east bus drivers and my pass.

I am aware that my pass has to be checked on occasion to stop fraud, however certain for go north east drivers have started to target me and accuse me of stealing a pass, after printing a ticket for me these drivers have demanded to see my pass, with one driver following me to a seat and shouting at me in front of a crowded bus.

I’ve also been thrown off an X1 because the driver didn’t need believe that I was disabled and just yesterday my partner and I were going to Newcastle when the driver of the x21 demanded that I show my pass. Despite two other people, one being in a wheelchair and an elderly lady who the driver let on without hesitation, I lost my temper and walked off the bus.

I feel that I’m being signaled out for having autism, that because it can’t been seen means it’s not real. 

I’ve written to the managing director about this, I have also had many heated correspondences with customer services, with the latest being that it’s for “revenue protection” and that the driver was in the right. 

I’m now scared to use my pass, my social anxiety on buses has gotten so bad my partner doesn’t want to get buses with me for fear I’ll have a meltdowns

I just wondering if anyone else has had issues like this.

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018
by Dan, 01 Jan 2018, 6:38 pm

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2018
by Dan, 01 Jan 2018, 6:38 pm

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018
by Dan, 01 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - January 2018
by Dan, 01 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm
Forum Arriva North East

500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2018
by Kuyoyo, 31 Dec 2017, 2:00 pm
Well, as 2017 approaches its end, there's a new rally season ahead - and for many, the first truly North East-based event is the Annual Teesside Running Day.

The 2018 event is currently pencilled in for Sunday 22nd April.

As with previous years, the main 'hub' will be the South Side of the Transport Bridge (the Middlesbrough side) with buses running to the Bus Station and Stockton amongst other destinations.

After the shortage of Group vehicles at the 2017 event, it is expected that at least 2 will be in attendance at the 2018 one - H106 for its fourth appearance and 99 making a welcoming return after missing the 2017 season due to mechanical issues. There, may, however be a surprise appearance - more on that closer to the time Wink
Forum Local Bus Events

Well, as 2017 approaches its end, there's a new rally season ahead - and for many, the first truly North East-based event is the Annual Teesside Running Day.

The 2018 event is currently pencilled in for Sunday 22nd April.

As with previous years, the main 'hub' will be the South Side of the Transport Bridge (the Middlesbrough side) with buses running to the Bus Station and Stockton amongst other destinations.

After the shortage of Group vehicles at the 2017 event, it is expected that at least 2 will be in attendance at the 2018 one - H106 for its fourth appearance and 99 making a welcoming return after missing the 2017 season due to mechanical issues. There, may, however be a surprise appearance - more on that closer to the time Wink

HAPPY NEW YEAR
by V514DFT, 31 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm
before the networks get jammed,i would like to wish everybody at NEB a very happy new year,i hope 2018  brings you all health and happiness,and loads of new buses haha ?
HAPPY NEW YEAR
by V514DFT, 31 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm

before the networks get jammed,i would like to wish everybody at NEB a very happy new year,i hope 2018  brings you all health and happiness,and loads of new buses haha ?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018
by Michael, 31 Dec 2017, 10:09 am
(31 Dec 2017, 9:24 am)Dans_bus_photos The 35 has been a bit of a joke service with all the service changes it has had over the years, although it does seem to have been left alone lately. How comes 5214-17 were allowed to leave Sunderland but were upgraded to euro 5 under the same contract?

Its got timing changes on the 28th January,  same as the 36. Tongue

(31 Dec 2017, 9:24 am)Dans_bus_photos The 35 has been a bit of a joke service with all the service changes it has had over the years, although it does seem to have been left alone lately. How comes 5214-17 were allowed to leave Sunderland but were upgraded to euro 5 under the same contract?

Weren't 5214-17 under Durham Councils funding?, Durham Council were happy for them to leave the 20/20A and move to another service in the area.

------------

6100 has now received its "Daft as a Brush" branding.
Forum Go North East

Its got timing changes on the 28th January,  same as the 36. Tongue

Weren't 5214-17 under Durham Councils funding?, Durham Council were happy for them to leave the 20/20A and move to another service in the area.

------------

6100 has now received its "Daft as a Brush" branding.

Pages (263) Previous 1146 147 148263 Next