Forum Railways
replies 120, views 77,961
54APhotography 17 Apr 2024, 6:13 pm
Forum Off-topic bus chat
replies 203, views 114,180
EchoNimbus 17 Apr 2024, 10:54 am
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
by Michael, 01 Dec 2015, 1:26 pm
36082 had a bit of a accident earlier when i was on it, was coming from the Wheatsheaf on to the bridge and this car just went straight through the red light - hitting the bus.

Only damage i could see to the bus was the paint job, i think the car came off worse.

36082 had a bit of a accident earlier when i was on it, was coming from the Wheatsheaf on to the bridge and this car just went straight through the red light - hitting the bus.

Only damage i could see to the bus was the paint job, i think the car came off worse.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
by cbma06, 01 Dec 2015, 10:47 am
8247 trainer has just made an appearance at Peterlee bus station
Forum Go North East

8247 trainer has just made an appearance at Peterlee bus station

Enviro on the 16.

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2015
by mb134, 01 Dec 2015, 8:02 am
MAX decker on the 2.
Forum Arriva North East

MAX decker on the 2.

Ensign Bus Running Day.
by G-CPTN, 01 Dec 2015, 12:12 am
I'm not responsible for the captions (or any else of the report):-

Catch a vintage bus this weekend thanks to Ensign
Ensign Bus Running Day.
by G-CPTN, 01 Dec 2015, 12:12 am

I'm not responsible for the captions (or any else of the report):-

Catch a vintage bus this weekend thanks to Ensign

Middlesbrough park and ride
by BusLoverMum, 24 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm
Couldn't find a thread for this, or any previous mention of it, so I'll start my own. The suggestion is that there should be one from the south of the town, in an attempt to ease some of the worst congestion. I'm not familiar with that part or the area, so can't really comment on it, either positively or sceptically.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/middle...um=twitter
Middlesbrough park and ride
by BusLoverMum, 24 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm

Couldn't find a thread for this, or any previous mention of it, so I'll start my own. The suggestion is that there should be one from the south of the town, in an attempt to ease some of the worst congestion. I'm not familiar with that part or the area, so can't really comment on it, either positively or sceptically.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/middle...um=twitter

Go Ahead & Singapore
by citaro5284, 23 Nov 2015, 5:15 pm
Go Ahead announced today it was successful in biding for some work in Singapore

http://www.go-ahead.com/en/media/news/20...arket.html
Go Ahead & Singapore
by citaro5284, 23 Nov 2015, 5:15 pm

Go Ahead announced today it was successful in biding for some work in Singapore

http://www.go-ahead.com/en/media/news/20...arket.html

Why are you here?
by Guest, 22 Nov 2015, 9:49 pm
I've browsed these forums for a while without creating an account, and I've always wondered why I do so. I've always been interested in transport to some extent, but recently I've been able to get out more and have more time to myself, which has largely been spent travelling around the area on day tickets. I'm yet to discover why I do this, and why I have now decided to enter the community. Apart from being the daily commute into work, why do we spend our time going places via Bus, and why is it a hobby for you (if that's the correct thing to call it)? I struggle to answer these questions, but I'd like to hear some opinions/thoughts  Big Grin
Why are you here?
by Guest, 22 Nov 2015, 9:49 pm

I've browsed these forums for a while without creating an account, and I've always wondered why I do so. I've always been interested in transport to some extent, but recently I've been able to get out more and have more time to myself, which has largely been spent travelling around the area on day tickets. I'm yet to discover why I do this, and why I have now decided to enter the community. Apart from being the daily commute into work, why do we spend our time going places via Bus, and why is it a hobby for you (if that's the correct thing to call it)? I struggle to answer these questions, but I'd like to hear some opinions/thoughts  Big Grin

Cobalt Business Park Road Infrastructure
by L469 YVK, 12 Nov 2015, 6:45 pm
Here is a question for you folks:

- Due to increasing traffic congestion around Cobalt Business Park, how can all bus operators adapt to the very high levels of traffic around the park and still run a commercially viable service?

Now, I know that one of the routes that serves the Cobalt is my local as well as a certain other bus service ran by green / blue double deckers (or whatever they allocate). But, given to the fact that Arriva had to withdraw their 53 service through the Cobalt owing to increased congestion, how will Stagecoach (22, 22x), Go North East (309, 310, X39, 58X) and Arriva (X6 with knock on effects to the 306) adapt to the high levels of traffic for a road infrastructure that was designed when all that existed was a big Siemens factory?

Obviously you've got to bear in mind that the PVR requirements of the above services during the afternoons are nowhere near needed for the rest of the times and generally, the morning journeys towards Cobalt Park seem to run fine. However, it has become a daily occurance of buses getting stuck and ending up running severely late during the afternoons and evenings having a knock on effect elsewhere. Stagecoach's 22 according to several passengers has suffered reliability issues as a result and despite GNE adding more time to the 309/310/X39 and even curtailing the 58X at the Cobalt Travelcentre, reliability issues are still affecting these services and Arriva, well the X6 is basically a gesture token to Arriva ticket holders so nothing new there.

Do you think operators will operate a hub and spoke model with shuttle operating to and from the Cobalt connecting to and from their main services without causing disruption to the rest of the networks which exist?

Here is a question for you folks:

- Due to increasing traffic congestion around Cobalt Business Park, how can all bus operators adapt to the very high levels of traffic around the park and still run a commercially viable service?

Now, I know that one of the routes that serves the Cobalt is my local as well as a certain other bus service ran by green / blue double deckers (or whatever they allocate). But, given to the fact that Arriva had to withdraw their 53 service through the Cobalt owing to increased congestion, how will Stagecoach (22, 22x), Go North East (309, 310, X39, 58X) and Arriva (X6 with knock on effects to the 306) adapt to the high levels of traffic for a road infrastructure that was designed when all that existed was a big Siemens factory?

Obviously you've got to bear in mind that the PVR requirements of the above services during the afternoons are nowhere near needed for the rest of the times and generally, the morning journeys towards Cobalt Park seem to run fine. However, it has become a daily occurance of buses getting stuck and ending up running severely late during the afternoons and evenings having a knock on effect elsewhere. Stagecoach's 22 according to several passengers has suffered reliability issues as a result and despite GNE adding more time to the 309/310/X39 and even curtailing the 58X at the Cobalt Travelcentre, reliability issues are still affecting these services and Arriva, well the X6 is basically a gesture token to Arriva ticket holders so nothing new there.

Do you think operators will operate a hub and spoke model with shuttle operating to and from the Cobalt connecting to and from their main services without causing disruption to the rest of the networks which exist?

Pages (263) Previous 1176 177 178263 Next