North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 9:31 pm)MurdnunoC The chip butties were decent from that Chinese as well. I used to go there all the time when I worked at Metroland.

The curry sauce was unreal! I'm trying to picture what else was there, but I think it was only a bookies?

Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 9:27 pm)aureolin ...plus I'd love the 183 back. Smile 

Have fond memories of being in the old Metrocentre bus station, where that computer games shop used to be, then popping into the Chinese for curry and chips, before hopping on a Leyland National back to the Galleries. Those were the days! 

Wish I was born in that generation...Sad

Nowadays, all I could do to match that would be a ride on the X22, filled with slutty schoolgirls trying to get nailed, before having a look in Game - a Gregg's or Subway - then an X24 home...both deckers, no mention of a Leyland National...I vaguely remember one or two lucky rides when I was only about three or four, absolutely brilliant.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 07 Jan 2015

Racking my brains and genuinely can't remember which shops were there.
Can't even remember a Chinese being there.

The 183 was always a Metrobus or Atlantean whenever I used it. Upstairs, at the front going down Whitehall Road...

(07 Jan 2015, 9:38 pm)MarcTheA4 Wish I was born in that generation...Sad

Nowadays, all I could do to match that would be a ride on the X22, filled with slutty schoolgirls trying to get nailed, before having a look in Game - a Gregg's or Subway - then an X24 home...both deckers, no mention of a Leyland National...I vaguely remember one or two lucky rides when I was only about three or four, absolutely brilliant.

Just the way things change. I'm lucky enough to have ridden some fantastic buses in service, but a bit gutted I didn't start photographing at yours & Tom's age. Imagine what my flickr would look like if I had! Smile 

(07 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm)Andreos1 Racking my brains and genuinely can't remember which shops were there.
Can't even remember a Chinese being there.

The 183 was always a Metrobus or Atlantean whenever I used it. Upstairs, at the front going down Whitehall Road...

There were only three units on the back wall. Pretty sure it was just the games shop, the Chinese, and a bookies on the end. 

183 was always an odd allocation. Tended to be a single decker from what I remember, mainly a National or Delta. X88 was always a decker though, and I think I can recall an Atlantean on there.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 07 Jan 2015

I can remember the single deckers becoming more or less standard on it in the mid-90's.
Was generally always a decker prior to that.

To be honest, I think the only time I ever deviated from the stand for the 183 or X66, was when the pictures let you out of the side door into the bus station.
Sounds like I missed out on this curry sauce!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 07 Jan 2015

The office for Dunston/Metro Taxis was also located there.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - gtom - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 10:01 pm)MurdnunoC The office for Dunston/Metro Taxis was also located there.

In its later days the 183 was anything from an ex OK dart to a handy bus (shudder) to a delta

I often rebelled and took the 809 home

If I remember the 809 shared the stand with Stagecoach X90 Darlo express

(07 Jan 2015, 9:46 pm)aureolin Just the way things change. I'm lucky enough to have ridden some fantastic buses in service, but a bit gutted I didn't start photographing at yours & Tom's age. Imagine what my flickr would look like if I had! Smile 

Well, I'm new to it all! Only decided to take the plunge with a camera when I turned 14. lol

Figured that nobody from school would mind, seeing as they overly accept my buses 'obsession'. I don't mind that they think it's an obsession, but it does sometimes make me wonder if I may have some form of autism or Aspergers. Granted on the outside I don't act out of the ordinary, but my eyes are always dotting around trying to catch a fleet number, etc.

If you had taken photos of this mysterious 183 and it's curry-splattered rear - you'd have a few faves! Wink

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 9:38 pm)MarcTheA4 Wish I was born in that generation...Sad

Why don't you try your luck there instead of pining after that lass at school? 

Some things never change though!

(07 Jan 2015, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 I can remember the single deckers becoming more or less standard on it in the mid-90's.
Was generally always a decker prior to that.

To be honest, I think the only time I ever deviated from the stand for the 183 or X66, was when the pictures let you out of the side door into the bus station.
Sounds like I missed out on this curry sauce!

My bus-stop was located second from the end. The bookies and the taxi-office were located at the end next door to each other while the Chinese was next-door to where the doors from the cinema led.

I miss the old Metrocentre bus station. 

(07 Jan 2015, 10:14 pm)MurdnunoC Why don't you try your luck there instead of pining after that lass at school? 

Some things never change though!

I've moved on. She's a dessert (sorry, typo, I meant desert) and I'm a tumbleweed - I just keep rollin'...

@Marcus - just get yourself out and about, and take as many photos as you can. Especially of the older stuff, or you'll probably regret it later down the line! 

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - gtom - 07 Jan 2015

Talking of nationals...

I remember the abject disappointment waiting at Worswick St for the 723 when a national turned up instead of a Bristol VR, Metro bus or a Tees/United Olympian

(07 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm)aureolin @Marcus - just get yourself out and about, and take as many photos as you can. Especially of the older stuff, or you'll probably regret it later down the line! 

Yup. I feel like killing my whole family sometimes on a Saturday morning when we have to do something, and it puts me back a couple of hours - but I do love them and they know much my days out mean to me, I see them as a sign of my independence and not looking like a drip when you get ditched by your mates in the middle of the MetroCentre lol. Sunday's are reserved for homework, Sunday lunch, blah. Wink

I'm hoping the NNRG do some sort of run on the 724 with 4710 again, like they did at the end of last August. That would have been an excellent afternoon out.

I'm also holding out in hopes of any of those good deckers being up for a run out. 3522, 3501, the crew...they are just incredible old Olympians from what I've gathered - don't think I've ever rode a Leyland-bodied one?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 5:26 pm)Dan I'd like to make a quick post as a reminder of what this thread was intended for...

In this thread, members can discuss imaginary and made up routes which they'd like to come into fruition. After a suggestion is posted, other members can give their thoughts on your suggestion. There are no rules in place to suggest that other members of the forum cannot challenge your suggestion, and give their opinions on why they think it is a bad idea, but if posting a suggestion, you must be aware of this.

Including details such as timetables, frequencies, PVRs and vehicle allocations shows that you've put a greater degree of thought into the suggestion, and it may make other members less likely to bluntly dismiss your suggestion if they do not think it is a good idea.

Whilst I do not think that challenging a service suggestion can constitute as 'bullying', I'd like to ask everyone to think before they post. If you had spent time on designing an imaginary route, would you like it to be dismissed immediately?

Malarkey springs to mind when he gets thinking and gets pooh-poohed despite the thought he puts into it

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 07 Jan 2015

(07 Jan 2015, 9:36 pm)aureolin The curry sauce was unreal! I'm trying to picture what else was there, but I think it was only a bookies?

If your talking about the MetroCentre bus station, there was a Stanley Racing Bookies...I won in there quite a few times when i was 15/16 Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 09 Jan 2015

X43 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Sacriston - Craghead - South Moor - Stanley - Tanfield Lea - Tantobie - Sleepy Valley - Tanfield Village - Crookgate Bank - Crookgate - MetroCentre - Newcastle

921- Rainton Bridge Npower - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle Eldon Square - DSS Longbenton - Quorum Business Park

922 - Rainton Bridge Npower - Washington Galleries - Jarrow - North Shields - Cobalt Business Park

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - nk55 - 11 Jan 2015

Think gne should split the 43/44/44a into 2 parts. 43,44,44a to run as is between Newcastle-Metro Centre-Stanley and new services 18 & 19 following the same routes as now to improve reliability on this section of the route. In chester i'd like to see the 50 run direct via the hermitage, plawsworth & pity me to durham to replace half hourly 21 and returning to serve ayton. Service 21 would operate in 2 parts,  21 chester-plawsworth-arnison centre-durham,  21A Chester-waldridge park-plawsworth-pity me-durham.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 11 Jan 2015

Yeah, agree with the 43/44.
Offer through tickets for the few who will be affected by the change, or have the 18/19 extend beyond Stanley and do some sort of loop around Dipton, Tanfield etc

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Tom - 11 Jan 2015

I think GNE will have to do something with the 13 - it never carries many people, and I really don't know how they can continue to operate it.

Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 11 Jan 2015

(11 Jan 2015, 11:54 am)Tom I think GNE will have to do something with the 13 - it never carries many people, and I really don't know how they can continue to operate it.

I would think the majority of the people in Sacriston would opt for the Diamonds to get to Durham.