North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 14 Mar 2015

Service 1A Whitley Bay, Marsden, Tynemouth, North Shields, Wallsend, Byker, Newcastle, Gateshead, Team Valley, Dunston, MetroCentre

Connections with service 96

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - roar - 14 Mar 2015

Not a suggestion as such but maybe one of you service creators could come up with something but I'm surprised GNE have never tried anything from the Coast Road onto Chillingham Road and then Shields Road into the City Centre. Heaton has a large student community and Byker is a popular shopping area with Morrisons and Asda.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm)roar Not a suggestion as such but maybe one of you service creators could come up with something but I'm surprised GNE have never tried anything from the Coast Road onto Chillingham Road and then Shields Road into the City Centre. Heaton has a large student community and Byker is a popular shopping area with Morrisons and Asda.

It would also open up places like Cobalt for employment and Silverlink for shopping and entertainment although, I'm guessing, some will argue that bus stops on the Coast Road are well within walking distance from Chillingham Rd and the multiple streets which intersect it. 

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 14 Mar 2015

Plus the people of the Chillingham Road area have a Metro station.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - roar - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 1:56 pm)Tommy_1581 Plus the people of the Chillingham Road area have a Metro station.

But the service would be aimed at people travelling into and out of the area from the Coast Road and the area the service would start from so the Chillingham Road Metro Station is of no use to them, anyone traveling from even Chillingham Road to Byker uses the bus at the moment, thats why Stagecoach services 62 and 63 do very well from Chillingham Road to Byker and the City Centre.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm)roar Not a suggestion as such but maybe one of you service creators could come up with something but I'm surprised GNE have never tried anything from the Coast Road onto Chillingham Road and then Shields Road into the City Centre. Heaton has a large student community and Byker is a popular shopping area with Morrisons and Asda.
Hows about this.

16 - North Shields - North Tyneside Hospital - Middle Engine Lane - Silverlink - Coast Road - Chillingham Road - Simonside Terrace - Heaton Road - Byker - Newcastle City Centre

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - mb134 - 15 Mar 2015

Without going into any details, is there any possibility of GNE being able to gather together a selection of vehicles to attempt to compete with ANE in South East Northumberland?

I think if they pretty much copied Arriva's old X31/2/3 routes, as I think Davey has suggested in the past, they'd be onto something:

X31- Newcastle- Bedlington- Bedlington Station- Ashington - North Seaton- Newbiggin Cresswell Arms
X32- Newcastle- Bedlington- Bedlington Station- Ashington- Wansbeck Hospital- Newbiggin Seacrest Road- Newbiggin Cresswell Arms
X33- Newcastle- Nedderton- Bedlington- Guide Post- Ashington (some extended to Cresswell and Ellington)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm)mb134 Without going into any details, is there any possibility of GNE being able to gather together a selection of vehicles to attempt to compete with ANE in South East Northumberland?

I think if they pretty much copied Arriva's old X31/2/3 routes, as I think Davey has suggested in the past, they'd be onto something:

X31- Newcastle- Bedlington- Bedlington Station- Ashington - North Seaton- Newbiggin Cresswell Arms
X32- Newcastle- Bedlington- Bedlington Station- Ashington- Wansbeck Hospital- Newbiggin Seacrest Road- Newbiggin Cresswell Arms
X33- Newcastle- Nedderton- Bedlington- Guide Post- Ashington (some extended to Cresswell and Ellington)

I would certainly use GNE, nice clean and bright buses. 

The X32 would that go via Elephant?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 15 Mar 2015

This won't ever happen, but Go north east 96
Wrekenton, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead, Bensham bank, Lobely Hill, Knightside Gardens, Dunston, Metrocentre

Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm)Davie This won't ever happen, but Go north east 96
Wrekenton, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead, Bensham bank, Lobely Hill, Knightside Gardens, Dunston, Metrocentre

How many buses (on a high frequency) do we have between Wrekenton and Gateshead? Tongue

(15 Mar 2015, 5:00 pm)MarcTheA4 How many buses (on a high frequency) do we have between Wrekenton and Gateshead? Tongue

It was to get a bus service from Wrekenton to Metrocentre  Big Grin

(15 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)Davie It was to get a bus service from Wrekenton to Metrocentre  Big Grin

Is a 56 or an X1 to Gateshead, then a quick 10 minute journey on the X66 not enough?

(15 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm)Tommy_1581 I would certainly use GNE, nice clean and bright buses. 

The X32 would that go via Elephant?

Yeah, from what I remember the X31 and X32 provided a 15 minute frequency, following each other on that route (current X21 route between Ashington and Bedlington Red Lion), with the X33 running every half an hour on the current X22 route to Bedlington, then the X21 route to Newcastle.

They could maybe bring back this branding, might be a bit too simple for GNE though Wink
[Image: 4387272811_9502897157.jpg]Arriva North East: 7413 P413CCU Volvo Olympian/NCME by emdjt42, on Flickr

(15 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm)MarcTheA4 Is a 56 or an X1 to Gateshead, then a quick 10 minute journey on the X66 not enough?

A bit of a more direct service, as some people may not use the X66 because it gets packed.

(15 Mar 2015, 5:03 pm)Davie A bit of a more direct service, as some people may not use the X66 because it gets packed.

So 25-30 minutes is more direct in comparison to 10 minutes on a shuttle service. I'd hate to hear your definition of indirect...Tongue.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm)mb134 Yeah, from what I remember the X31 and X32 provided a 15 minute frequency, following each other on that route (current X21 route between Ashington and Bedlington Red Lion), with the X33 running every half an hour on the current X22 route to Bedlington, then the X21 route to Newcastle.

They could maybe bring back this branding, might be a bit too simple for GNE though Wink
[Image: 4387272811_9502897157.jpg]Arriva North East: 7413 P413CCU Volvo Olympian/NCME by emdjt42, on Flickr

I remember the P-CCU Olympians. 

Maybe bring some simple fares along too. It's ridiculous paying £1.50 just to go to the bus station from the Elephant. 

(15 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm)Tommy_1581 I remember the P-CCU Olympians. 

Maybe bring some simple fares along too. It's ridiculous paying £1.50 just to go to the bus station from the Elephant. 

Loved the P-CCU Olympians, so sad when they left the fleet, brilliant machines Sad

The fare advertised on the side of 7413 there looks very nice Wink ( £6 cheaper than the current alternative)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm)MarcTheA4 So 25-30 minutes is more direct in comparison to 10 minutes on a shuttle service. I'd hate to hear your definition of indirect...Tongue.

Services that go from Wrekenton to Gateshead and their journey times:
  • 56 takes 14 minutes
  • X1 takes 10 minutes
  • 1 takes 24 minutes
  • X25 takes 11 minutes
  • 28 takes 13 minutes
Can't be bothered to do anymore but as can be seen above, the times between the Interchange and Wrekenton vary. If you add the X66 journey which is 10 minutes the maximum journey time from Wrekenton to Metrocentre is 34 minutes and the minimum journey time is 20 minutes. 
The current 96 takes 28 minutes to get from Metrocentre to Gateshead via its currect route. If it were to be extended to Wrekenton via the QE Hospital, i would maybe add 13 minutes onto that bringing the total route up to 41 minutes - a 21 minute difference between the quickest option listed above. I don't know if the service would be commercially viable but some people may prefer a longer journey time with no connections required as opposed to a shorter journey time with a connection which will probably add a couple of minutes anyway.

(15 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm)Robert Services that go from Wrekenton to Gateshead and their journey times:
  • 56 takes 14 minutes
  • X1 takes 10 minutes
  • 1 takes 24 minutes
  • X25 takes 11 minutes
  • 28 takes 13 minutes
Can't be bothered to do anymore but as can be seen above, the times between the Interchange and Wrekenton vary. If you add the X66 journey which is 10 minutes the maximum journey time from Wrekenton to Metrocentre is 34 minutes and the minimum journey time is 20 minutes. 
The current 96 takes 28 minutes to get from Metrocentre to Gateshead via its currect route. If it were to be extended to Wrekenton via the QE Hospital, i would maybe add 13 minutes onto that bringing the total route up to 41 minutes - a 21 minute difference between the quickest option listed above. I don't know if the service would be commercially viable but some people may prefer a longer journey time with no connections required as opposed to a shorter journey time with a connection which will probably add a couple of minutes anyway.

I'm not sure about service 52 but the 51 takes around 35 minutes because it goes through Deckham, Heworth, Leam Lane estate and Springwell estate

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adam - 15 Mar 2015

(15 Mar 2015, 6:31 pm)Davie I'm not sure about service 52 but the 51 takes around 35 minutes because it goes through Deckham, Heworth, Leam Lane estate and Springwell estate

Between Wrekenton and Gateshead, the 51 goes via Easedale Gardens, Kells Lane, Dryden Road and Shipcote before getting to Gateshead, taking around 20 minutes.

The 52 meanwhile goes round Springwell Estate, Leam Lane, Fewster Square, more of Leam Lane, Heworth, Felling Square, Carr Hill and Deckham before getting to Gateshead, taking about 40 minutes Smile