North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 02 Jan 2014

(02 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm)ADLEnviro As it looks like a lot of people think the X35/X36 will inter-work it looks like my earlier question about the Hylton Riverside extension has been answered. If this is going to stand alone from the main service it would have been better to renumber it something else.

At peak times the X35 current timetable runs later to allow delays to be recovered to help reliability. So when X35's usual depart at :00 & :30, at peak times I'm sure they depart at 4:35, 17:10, 17:40 etc. so on these journeys the bus that arrives having worked the X35 to Sunderland can then go back out onto an X35 to Hartlepool as opposed to operating the X36 out to Newcastle. This would then allow an X36 to Newcastle at these times to continue onto Hylton Riverside after reaching Park Lane.

(02 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Tom So will it be 8228's last day potentially on Saturday?

Quite possibly, if the B9's are out on Sunday which hasn't officially been confirmed yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 02 Jan 2014

[quote='GMitchelhill' pid='24800' dateline='1388701629']

This is the new Scania K-Series / Irizar i3 that was mentioned earlier, as you can see it's a normal bus as opposed to a coach.

[Image: Irizar-i3-ns.jpg]

Pic of the Rear/Interior

http://blogpontodeonibus.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/o-novo-onibus-urbano-da-irizar-na-europa/

I have to say this is very nice looking bus

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 02 Jan 2014

(02 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Tom So will it be 8228's last day potentially on Saturday?

Hopefully, Depending on other Fleet Movements after the B9's enter Service, if they do that is on Sunday, they'll all be gone come Monday....Fingers Crossed

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 02 Jan 2014

(02 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm)Adam Malarkey Hopefully, Depending on other Fleet Movements after the B9's enter Service, if they do that is on Sunday, they'll all be gone come Monday....Fingers Crossed

Doubt it, not all of 'em.

(02 Jan 2014, 11:05 pm)ADLEnviro Looks a lot more logical since you have said that.

Looking from my side of the fence I still think this X36 to Hylton Riverside should have been a stand alone service. I cant really see who is going to benefit from it being straight through. Most of the North Side that it covers is also covered by the 99. Who would want to travel on the section between Downhill and Southwick on the X36 via the City in peak times if they can get the 99. This leaves Basically Heworth, Gateshead and newcastle as its catchment area. Most would rather get the Metro to Interchange then a service to Hylton Riverside from there.

If timed correctly it could possibly provided an extra bus for those around the enterprise park and if you're in Southwick I can't imagine journey times been much different going via Pallion & City Centre than via Hylton Castle & Witherwack! It also quite importantly will provide access to the City centre from the enterprise park and also connections onto the metro. Hylton riverside isn't served greatly and I'm imagining this service will be an quick travel option.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 02 Jan 2014

Also, are any MPD's at Peterlee still in ''Venture'' branding.

(02 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm)Tom Also, are any MPD's at Peterlee still in ''Venture'' branding.

No idea, however 542 was on 265's seen at Hetton about 1ish maybe? I was jumping on X1 at the time.
I believe 560 is in plain yellow with no branding.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 03 Jan 2014

More changes from 26th January...

Following customer consultation for Diamond, feedback and to improve reliability there are changes to services 44, 13, 14, 8, 78 and 307 from 26 January 2014 - http://ow.ly/sesHZ

the biggest change is - Diamond service 44 - Following customer consultation, one service 44 each hour during Monday-Saturday daytimes will operate as service 44A, serving
Flint Hill North Road, White le Head and Tantobie instead of Dipton.
Dipton will continue to have a half hourly service 44 at peak times, as well as two buses per hour to Newcastle across the day with service 44 and X70.

Service 307
The school holidays only journey which departs Benton Asda at 1532 will no longer operate due to low passenger numbers. We apologise for any inconvenience which may be caused.

8,78,13/14 are just re-timings

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 03 Jan 2014

some more changes and the diamond is interesting http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service-changes-from-26-january-2014

Hope the B9's are out this week, back to college on Monday.. if they are i'll have to take the 56 route to college their and back.

Anyone have any idea where the 29 will stop in Park lane, will it still stop at Stand T or will it move over to A-G stands?, of course if it stops in Park lane.. wise move - it should

9 will stop at stand R, like now
29 - Stand ?
X36 - Stand V - along with the 700
99A - (Peaktimes) - Stand T
135/136 - Stand T?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 03 Jan 2014

(03 Jan 2014, 9:48 am)Michael Hope the B9's are out this week, back to college on Monday.. if they are i'll have to take the 56 route to college their and back.

Anyone have any idea where the 29 will stop in Park lane, will it still stop at Stand T or will it move over to A-G stands?, of course if it stops in Park lane.. wise move - it should

9 will stop at stand R, like now
29 - Stand ?
X36 - Stand V - along with the 700
99A - (Peaktimes) - Stand T
135/136 - Stand T?

I assume it'll be something like this;

Stand E:
29 to Doxford

Stand R:
9 to North Shields/Jarrow

Stand T:
29 to Boldon Asda

Stand V:
X36 to Newcastle

(03 Jan 2014, 10:21 am)CatsFast101 I assume it'll be something like this;

Stand E:
29 to Doxford

Stand R:
9 to North Shields/Jarrow

Stand T:
29 to Boldon Asda

Stand V:
X36 to Newcastle

Didn't think about the 29 having 2 stands... wonder how it would operate to and from park lane though and which route they will both take., how ever with the 38/238 and the 39 already operating from stand E, it might be cramped maybe move the 38/238 to stand C or D.

700 will stop at the same stands as now - by its new timetable.

135/136 will probleys remain as Stand T along with the 99A

(03 Jan 2014, 12:40 pm)Michael Didn't think about the 29 having 2 stands... wonder how it would operate to and from park lane though and which route they will both take., how ever with the 38/238 and the 39 already operating from stand E, it might be cramped maybe move the 38/238 to stand C or D.

700 will stop at the same stands as now - by its new timetable.

135/136 will probleys remain as Stand T along with the 99A

Well like the 35, with the service continuing after park Lane it requires two stands. Stand E's the only option round that side of the interchange, stands B/C/D/F are full to start with and with the 700 there's no room for anything else at G. I assume it will operate over the Wearmouth Bridge, John Street, Holmeside and round to Stand E (following the 38 route from Holmeside) and then from Park Lane, it will operate as the short 39's do now up to Doxford. However, the map would appear to indicate it will serve Toward road in both directions however it then means the service would be doubling back after calling at park Lane.
99A appears to a morning only service which I assume will be Witherwack-City Centre via Town End Farm, Castletown, Pallion & Chester Road. These are the journey which were 99 journeys before the June 2013 changes so they're basically renumbered them back as 99A as the 36/36A is now withdrawn. It will operate from stand T I should imagine. These 99A journeys are probably some of those that work onto 60's so will possibly be worked by Drifter Streetlites although we'll have to wait for the timetables to confirm those.

More changes from 2nd February:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service-changes-from-2-february-2014?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=2_february

Bus Service Changes from 2 February 2014

TenConfusedervice 10
From Sunday 2nd February 2014, there will be minor changes to the times of most journeys to improve reliability.

Toon Link service 32
The Monday-Friday journey on ToonLink service 32 which departs Newcastle at 0808 will now terminate at Blaydon Bus Station at 0827,
due to the small number of passengers travelling to Winlaton at this time. Passengers travelling between Blaydon and Winlaton can use the improved Blaydon Racer service 49/49B to continue their journey.

Blaydon Racers
Service 49B will be revised to operate via Parkhead Estate in Winlaton, to replace service 49A, and will increase to operate every 20 minutes.
Service 49 will also increase to operate every 20 minutes, improving the frequency of the service in Winlaton.
49/49B will continue to provide a bus every 10 minutes between Blaydon, Metrocentre and Gateshead on Monday-Saturday daytimes.

Fab Fifty Six
We’ve got brand new double decker buses heading your way with some fab extra touches such as free onboard Wi-Fi for your surfing!
To improve reliability, from 2nd February 2014 the journeys which depart Sunderland at 0605 and 0620 on Monday-Friday will operate up to five minutes earlier. No other journeys will be changing.

Citylink
Minor changes to the times of most journeys to improve reliability.

Service 90
From Monday 3 February 2014, there will changes to the times of some morning journeys on service 90 to improve reliability.
Updated timetables will be online and on buses soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 03 Jan 2014

(03 Jan 2014, 1:35 pm)Michael More changes from 2nd February:

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service-changes-from-2-february-2014?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=2_february

Judging by the regular comments on their fb page, it is more than timing that needs to be sorted out to improve reliability on the 90.

No idea which vehicle they use, but it is apparently always breaking down and missing out huge chunks of the route.

RE: Go North East - Latest - andymac - 03 Jan 2014

One of the new 56 deckers is actually in service today didn't catch the number though

(03 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm)andymac One of the new 56 deckers is actually in service today didn't catch the number though

By comments theirs a few out... typical i popped to the town to and missed them all... typical!

Good see at least one fab 56 B9 out in service. Hopefully someone has photo of it.
Also, where are the whey aye five-0 Solars heading? Are we expecting them to remain at Chester to allow the SPD's to go? With one maybe heading to Stanley?

(03 Jan 2014, 2:52 pm)CatsFast101 Good see at least one fab 56 B9 out in service. Hopefully someone has photo of it.
Also, where are the whey aye five-0 Solars heading? Are we expecting them to remain at Chester to allow the SPD's to go? With one maybe heading to Stanley?

I would say 4 stopping at Chester with 2 heading to Percy main.

Stanley will end up with a B10 to add to their collection.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 03 Jan 2014

(03 Jan 2014, 2:52 pm)CatsFast101 Good see at least one fab 56 B9 out in service. Hopefully someone has photo of it.

I have a photo.