North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 21 Jul 2015

(21 Jul 2015, 6:44 pm)S813 FVK Just put it back to how it used to be:

44: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Hobson - Dipton - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley
44A: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Hobson - Tantobie - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley
 43: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Burnopfield - Tantobie - Tanfield Lea - Stanley
718: Stanley - South Moor - Craghead - Edmondsley - Sacriston - Framwellgate Moor - Durham
719: Stanley - South Stanley - Cragehead - Edmondsley - Sacriston - Framwellgate Moor - Durham

That is essentially what GNE are planning to do based on the consultation (possibly withdrawing the 43 in the process).

Possibly number the 718 and 719: 42 and 42A, to bring the whole ''Diamond'' numbers together?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 21 Jul 2015

(21 Jul 2015, 7:05 pm)R852 PRG Possibly number the 718 and 719: 42 and 42A, to bring the whole ''Diamond'' numbers together?

Would make sense to do that. Why did they have to have all of those changes to services! It wasn't confusing and was much much better than it is now.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 21 Jul 2015

(21 Jul 2015, 7:05 pm)R852 PRG Possibly number the 718 and 719: 42 and 42A, to bring the whole ''Diamond'' numbers together?

We also have 13, 14 and 15 operating from Durham, so why not the 16 (and 16A)?

(21 Jul 2015, 7:14 pm)citaro5284 We also have 13, 14 and 15 operating from Durham, so why not the 16 (and 16A)?

Is that a hint that when the services are split (if the plan does indeed get the go ahead), the services between Stanley and Durham will not be branded 'Diamond'? I don't know whether i should expect you to know. I hardly know what department you work in.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 21 Jul 2015

(21 Jul 2015, 7:17 pm)S813 FVK Is that a hint that when the services are split (if the plan does indeed get the go ahead), the services between Stanley and Durham will not be branded 'Diamond'? I don't know whether i should expect you to know. I hardly know what department you work in.

Nah, no hint at all.  All of this side is sorted out 'downstairs' while I work 'upstairs'.  Just a thought really.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Tom - 21 Jul 2015

(21 Jul 2015, 6:44 pm)S813 FVK Just put it back to how it used to be:

44: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Hobson - Dipton - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley
44A: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Hobson - Tantobie - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley
 43: Newcastle - Metrocentre - Whickham - Sunniside - Crookgate - Burnopfield - Tantobie - Tanfield Lea - Stanley
718: Stanley - South Moor - Craghead - Edmondsley - Sacriston - Framwellgate Moor - Durham
719: Stanley - South Stanley - Cragehead - Edmondsley - Sacriston - Framwellgate Moor - Durham

That is essentially what GNE are planning to do based on the consultation (possibly withdrawing the 43 in the process).

No the Diamonds will only operate every 30 minutes between Stanley and Newcastle if the proposals go ahead.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:13 pm)Tom No the Diamonds will only operate every 30 minutes between Stanley and Newcastle if the proposals go ahead.

Not how i have interpreted it.

"1. We know Diamond services 43, 44 and 44A aren’t as reliable as you need them to be. The main cause of this issue is traffic congestion in Newcaste city centre, Metrocentre and Durham. A problem at just one of these locations means that the whole route is affected. Therefore to improve reliability we propose splitting the route at Stanley bus station, so it would run between Newcastle and Stanley and between Stanley and Durham as two separate services. This means that some passengers might need to change buses, but overall reliability on the service would be improved for the majority of passengers. What are your views on this?"

As i think you are aiming at my 'possible withdrawl of the 43' comment, i may have misunderstood it completely and if so, apologies. I shall attempt to explain why i think this:

"5. As we would be providing more fast buses to Metrocentre and Newcastle from Stanley, we would need to change the route of the Diamond between Newcastle, Metrocentre and Stanley. It would be revised to continue to provide a service between Newcastle, Metrocentre, Whickham, Sunniside, Burnopfield, Tantobie, Flint Hill, Dipton, Catchgate, Annfield Plain and Stanley. All of these local communities and key destinations would be connected by a regular half hourly service. This means there would be more buses through White le Head. The Diamond would continue to serve Tantobie, but no longer serve Tanfield Lea, which would instead benefit from the increased frequency of service X43. The route and frequency of the Diamond between Stanley and Durham would be unchanged. What do you think about this proposal?"

The first bold section is routes 44 and 44A only (minus Burnopfield which is currently on the 43 route). However, the 2nd bold service states that the service would still serve Tantobie (through the 44A) but no longer serve Tanfield Lea which is where the 43 serves and is why i think they are planning to withdraw the service completely.. Either the 44 or 44A could be rerouted around Burnopfield to replace it.

As i said, i could have misunderstood the question completely but without the 43, providing the 44/44A frequency is not changed, it would be every 30 minutes combined.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:20 pm)S813 FVK Not how i have interpreted it.

"1. We know Diamond services 43, 44 and 44A aren’t as reliable as you need them to be. The main cause of this issue is traffic congestion in Newcaste city centre, Metrocentre and Durham. A problem at just one of these locations means that the whole route is affected. Therefore to improve reliability we propose splitting the route at Stanley bus station, so it would run between Newcastle and Stanley and between Stanley and Durham as two separate services. This means that some passengers might need to change buses, but overall reliability on the service would be improved for the majority of passengers. What are your views on this?"

As i think you are aiming at my 'possible withdrawl of the 43' comment, i may have misunderstood it completely and if so, apologies. I shall attempt to explain why i think this:

"5. As we would be providing more fast buses to Metrocentre and Newcastle from Stanley, we would need to change the route of the Diamond between Newcastle, Metrocentre and Stanley. It would be revised to continue to provide a service between Newcastle, Metrocentre, Whickham, Sunniside, Burnopfield, Tantobie, Flint Hill, Dipton, Catchgate, Annfield Plain and Stanley. All of these local communities and key destinations would be connected by a regular half hourly service. This means there would be more buses through White le Head. The Diamond would continue to serve Tantobie, but no longer serve Tanfield Lea, which would instead benefit from the increased frequency of service X43. The route and frequency of the Diamond between Stanley and Durham would be unchanged. What do you think about this proposal?"

The first bold section is routes 44 and 44A only (minus Burnopfield which is currently on the 43 route). However, the 2nd bold service states that the service would still serve Tantobie (through the 44A) but no longer serve Tanfield Lea which is where the 43 serves and is why i think they are planning to withdraw the service completely.. Either the 44 or 44A could be rerouted around Burnopfield to replace it.

As i said, i could have misunderstood the question completely but without the 43, providing the 44/44A frequency is not changed, it would be every 30 minutes combined.

I interpreted it like that as well.

I thought it would be half hourly between Newcastle and Stanley because it says 'the route and frequency between Stanley and Durham and would remain unchanged'. And also mentions the fast buses between Newcastle and Stanley?

Also it says the key destinations would be connected by a half hourly service.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm)Tom I thought it would be half hourly between Newcastle and Stanley because it says 'the route and frequency between Stanley and Durham and would remain unchanged'. And also mentions the fast buses between Newcastle and Stanley?

Also it says the key destinations would be connected by a half hourly service.

I imagine it would work like it does now. 44 at 15 mins past and 44A at 45 mins past (just an example!). Then that's your 30 minute service with the Tanfield Lea section being covered by the X43 which will have its frequency increased to every 30 minutes from hourly - there's your current 15 minute service between Stanley and Metrocentre (although X43 and 44/44A don't really follow eachother). Mind you, if the X43 is timetabled to stop at anymore places (including the proposed stopping at all stops along Fellside Road), it may aswell just be renumbered the 43.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm)S813 FVK I imagine it would work like it does now. 44 at 15 mins past and 44A at 45 mins past (just an example!). Then that's your 30 minute service with the Tanfield Lea section being covered by the X43 which will have its frequency increased to every 30 minutes from hourly - there's your current 15 minute service between Stanley and Metrocentre (although X43 and 44/44A don't really follow eachother). Mind you, if the X43 is timetabled to stop at anymore places (including the proposed stopping at all stops along Fellside Road), it may aswell just be renumbered the 43.

Then if you make the X43 any longer, you'll have people complaining about it not being ''fast''. I know some people complain to me about the X22 going through Birtley... ''Why doesn't it just go on the A1?''.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:29 pm)S813 FVK It would be every 30 minutes as the 44/44A are now (taking the 43 out of the equation which, when combined, makes the services every 15 minutes).

I'm confused with it now, I thought they would provide a simplified service with them both following the same route? 

I'm sure it means they will be half hourly combined but I don't know the area so you'll be able to tell me better.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:36 pm)Tom I'm confused with it now, I thought they would provide a simplified service with them both following the same route? 

I'm sure it means they will be half hourly combined but I don't know the area so you'll be able to tell me better.

The way I've taken it, is that there is still a fifteen minute frequency on the services between Newcastle and Stanley; but the reference to being ''half hourly'' is because of the certain sections of the route that the 44 serves, but the 43 doesn't, and vice-versa.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:38 pm)R852 PRG The way I've taken it, is that there is still a fifteen minute frequency on the services between Newcastle and Stanley; but the reference to being ''half hourly'' is because of the certain sections of the route that the 44 serves, but the 43 doesn't, and vice-versa.

Yeah I just thought it was a bit odd that they said something like 'as we would be providing more fast buses from Stanley to Newcastle we would need to change the Diamond'

(21 Jul 2015, 8:36 pm)Tom I'm confused with it now, I thought they would provide a simplified service with them both following the same route? 

Currently its this (using times as an example):

43: 00 and 30 mins past
44: 15 mins past
44A: 45 mins past

As you can see, two 43s per hour, 1 44 per hour and 1 44A per hour (with the 44A being a 44 before the service was introduced).

All services combine to give a total frequency of 15 minutes along the corridors that all 3 services serve. If you then remove the 43 from the list, the 44 and 44A then combine to give a 30 minute frequency (hourly for both services separately). The 43 would then be replaced with the X43 which is increased to every 30 minutes so the timings should be like this (again, just an example):

X43: 00 and 30 mins past 

Eventhough the X43 does not follow the 44/44A at all (on a section where it stops anyway), the 15 minute combined frequency from Stanley to Metrocentre is still there and Tanfield Lea will still have their 30 minute service to Metrocentre as the X43 does not currently stop at Tanfield Lea at present, it is just scheduled to run through. Of course, this depends on whether the 43 is being withdrawn...

I know what i am trying to say, i just don't know whether i am putting it into words which you all understand. Apologies if i'm not.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:46 pm)S813 FVK Currently its this (using times as an example):

43: 00 and 30 mins past

As you can see, two 43s per hour, 1 44 per hour and 1 44A per hour (with the 44A being a 44 before the service was introduced).

All services combine to give a total frequency of 15 minutes along the corridors that all 3 services serve. If you then remove the 43 from the list, the 44 and 44A then combine to give a 30 minute frequency (hourly for both services separately). The 43 would then be replaced with the X43 which is increased to every 30 minutes so the timings should be like this (again, just an example):

X43: 00 and 30 mins past 

Eventhough the X43 does not follow the 44/44A at all (on a section where it stops anyway), the 15 minute combined frequency from Stanley to Metrocentre is still there and Tanfield Lea will still have their 30 minute service to Metrocentre as the X43 does not currently stop at Tanfield Lea at present, it is just scheduled to run through. Of course, this depends on whether the 43 is being withdrawn...

I know what i am trying to say, i just don't know whether i am putting it into words which you all understand. Apologies if i'm not.

Ah I get you now. Sorry!

I didn't realise you were including the X43 it makes sense now!

Do you think the X43 will continue to Newcastle? I don't to be honest.

(21 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm)Tom Ah I get you now. Sorry!

I didn't realise you were including the X43 it makes sense now!

Do you think the X43 will continue to Newcastle? I don't to be honest.

I doubt it. There are already several services running frequently between Metrocentre and Newcastle already (not including the 97 since that goes on a mystery tour of Whickham, Lobley Hill and Bensham)

(21 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm)S813 FVK I doubt it. There are already several services running frequently between Metrocentre and Newcastle already (not including the 97 since that goes on a mystery tour of Whickham, Lobley Hill and Bensham)

Yeah exactly.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - LeeCalder - 21 Jul 2015

I would have a little shake-up of Washington's "local" services

82 - Concord - Barmston - Biddick - Washington -  Lambton - Ayton - Rickleton and Harraton or Barley Mow and Birtley.

Service 82 would run every 30 minutes providing a service between Concord and Harraton or Birtley every 60 minutes. This reduced frequency will be covered for by services 23/23A and 23B. Passengers for Heworth can use revised service 82A....

82A - Heworth - Follingsby Park (Peak Time) - Usworth - Donwell - Concord

Service 82A will run every 60 minutes, providing a link between Concord and Heworth for people of Usworth and Donwell.

85 - Concord - B&Q - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington

Service 85 will provide a link to Washington or Concord every 30 minutes, passengers for Brady Square or Barmston can use service 86 or 86A

86 - Washington - Biddick - Brady Square

Service 86 will run every hour, providing a link to and from The Galleries

86A - Washington - Glebe - Washington Village Green - Columbia

Service 86A will replace former service 86, which in return replaces the second section of service 85

23 - Washington - Blackfell - Springwell - Wrekenton - Birtley Crem - Birtley - Barley Mow Est

Service 23 will maintain the current route, however, running every hour, with shorter journey's replaced by new services 23A and 23B. This service will be paid for by NEXUS.

23A - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Wear Industrial Estate - Rickleton - Barley Mow Estate - Birtley - Birtley Crematorium

New service 23A will provide alternative links to Wear, Rickleton and Birtley. This will run every hour, providing a link every 30 minutes combined with service 23. This service will be paid for by NEXUS.

23B - Vigo Bridge - Barley Mow Estate - Birtley - Northside Estate - Birtley - Barley Mow Estate - Vigo Bridge

New service 23B will provide a link roughly every 20 minutes at PEAK TIMES ONLY for shoppers within the Birtley area. Service 23B will provide links from Northside to Birtley which have now been lost with the re-routing of service 82/82A. This service will be paid for by NEXUS.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 22 Jul 2015

Service X32 - Newcastle Eldon Square - Gateshead Transport Interchange - Tanfield Railway
The service will only run on Sundays, unless otherwise when there is a special event held at Tanfield, such as the annual Legends of Industry Gala, which is an entire weekend and also has a photography evening on the Friday night. Granted, it may not be profitable, but it's just a thought.