North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - DanPicken - 06 Jun 2015

On 6125 and I must say it loves to move its a smother ride than a Gemini.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - DanPicken - 06 Jun 2015

8265 has a Metrocentre free WiFi ad.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Rapidsnap - 06 Jun 2015

4939 actually caught fire at the Scania dealership. Surprised that there isn't many photos of it as it appeared at a bus and coach show before it's demise.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 06 Jun 2015

4922 made a nice little trip to Stanley. At Sunniside heading back to Riverside now

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - L469 YVK - 06 Jun 2015

Do any of the Scania deckers have Tachographs fitted? Would be worth swapping one for a B7 Gemini from Riverside as a TTX backup rather than using 6084 and fitting it with Moovbox?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - citaro5284 - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 1:18 pm)Robert 4922 made a nice little trip to Stanley. At Sunniside heading back to Riverside now

Robert, you not been on 5401 to hear the Next Stop Announcements, with you been our Derwentside expert. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 06 Jun 2015

(05 Jun 2015, 9:07 pm)Michael The 2 plain purple versa's might join the Orbit if the proposed changes go ahead (Q1 merging with 51/52) athough this depends on how much it will increase by.

The Q2 and X40/40A were planned to merge together, interworking every 20 minutes, the rest of the Quaylink Versa's should go on their (although were not sure what they will be branded as)

So:

51/52 - Gateshead - Carr Hill - Felling Square - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Easedale Gardens - Dryden Road - Gateshead - The Sage l Gateshead College l Baltic l Quayside l Newcastle - every 15 minutes - PVR 11? - the 2 purple versa's joins as "Orbit"

Q3 - Newcastle l Quayside l Ouseburn l St Peter’s Basin - Newcastle City Centre » Gosforth High Street » Regent Centre » Great North Road » Brunton Lane » Great Park  - Every 20 minutes - PVR 7 - Branded as ?????? (although this had a proposed route change at the great park, so it might change)

The 2 spare versa will remain at Riverside 

Thought the old 51/52 used to run into Newcastle years ago before the orbit brand came along 

Anyhow 6128 is alive and kicking on X30/X31 managed a photo

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 1:24 pm)citaro5284 Robert, you not been on 5401 to hear the Next Stop Announcements, with you been our Derwentside expert. 

Unfortunately not. Must try and get myself out sometime instead of sitting on my arse all day  Undecided

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Tom - 06 Jun 2015

The Omnidekkas are really impressive! Rode 6128 from Gateshead to Lanchester and it was so smooth, and had a lot of power.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm)Tom The Omnidekkas are really impressive! Rode 6128 from Gateshead to Lanchester and it was so smooth, and had a lot of power.

I think they sound great Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm)Tom The Omnidekkas are really impressive! Rode 6128 from Gateshead to Lanchester and it was so smooth, and had a lot of power.

The drivers at Stanley think all of their Christmases have come at once! On a changeover, two drivers were discussing the OmniDekkas, and both stated "they are like rockets", and one even said that he "didn't want to come off it".. They must be good!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 1:25 pm)Racer_Experience
Anyhow 6128 is alive and kicking on X30/X31 managed a photo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@N07/18339173359/in/dateposted-public/ Here's my photo of it

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - pdiddy - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 2:29 pm)Dan The drivers at Stanley think all of their Christmases have come at once! On a changeover, two drivers were discussing the OmniDekkas, and both stated "they are like rockets", and one even said that he "didn't want to come off it".. They must be good!

They should of been sent to Crook the replace the unreliable Prontos... they'd of been ideal on the X21.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 2:46 pm)pdiddy They should of been sent to Crook the replace the unreliable Prontos... they'd of been ideal on the X21.

They will be ideal on X21 but I heard from an official manager of Go North East aka Kevin Carr that X21 could be getting new vehicles as the ones on there are far too old heard this at a launch event for Coast & Country that was 2 months ago

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 06 Jun 2015

I know this is on the wrong thread but im just going to guess,    Volvo B5tl/Wright Gemini 3 will be the probably first choice as GNE have bought Volvo for years

My personal choice would be the Optare Metrodecker as its a totally new design, lightweight body, stop start technology, more powerful , ZF ecolife gearbox and very passenger appealing compared to a 15 and half year old B7TL Plaxton President Though the metrodecker has 2 less seats to a president so there will be a decrease in seated passenger capacity.

Or at least get a demonstrator like when they tested a B5TL on the X21 last year and see how they cope with the route.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Swiny1 - 06 Jun 2015

Are deckers not using redheugh bridge due to high winds. I live above and not seen any. And sure the 44 which had a decker on went along Askew road earlier

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm)South Tyne Lad I know this is on the wrong thread but im just going to guess,    Volvo B5tl/Wright Gemini 3 will be the probably first choice as GNE have bought Volvo for years

My personal choice would be the Optare Metrodecker as its a totally new design, lightweight body, stop start technology, more powerful , ZF ecolife gearbox and very passenger appealing compared to a 15 and half year old B7TL Plaxton President Though the metrodecker has 2 less seats to a president so there will be a decrease in seated passenger capacity.

Are you and Davey Bowyer in any way related?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 06 Jun 2015

No where not realated

(06 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm)South Tyne Lad I know this is on the wrong thread but im just going to guess,    Volvo B5tl/Wright Gemini 3 will be the probably first choice as GNE have bought Volvo for years

Or at least get a demonstrator like when they tested a B5TL on the X21 last year and see how they cope with the route.

they may get a Wright Streetdeck the ones First have there is a 50% chance there is one coming up on Demonstration soon as somebody posted a shot of it interior wise and it had the current Go North East seat moquettes but i think some will go to X21, 27, they may trial a similar vehicle on X9/X10 to see how it copes along the long 2 plus hour round trip on X9/X10

I just don't think Wright Streetdecks are capable of working the X21 never mind the X9/10! too many hills and fast running for a engine that's used in solos and a 4 speed voith just makes it worse.  Yes the Metrodeckers have the same engine as the streetdecks but might work better with a lighter body and a 6 speed ZF
im not a expert so I might get proved wrong if a demonstrator comes and does ok.

Theres a video on youtube of a brighton streetdeck struggling badly up the hills, I mean struggling!