North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 09 Feb 2016

30 jarrow-boldon -downhill-witherwack-southwick -seaburn
31 jarrow-boldon-downhill-casletown -palion-barnes-silksworth
Both hourly so replacing the short 9s
The short 9 will be now
Sunderland -east boldon -boldon at hourly
Pvr
30 2x
31 2x
Short 9 1x
The 30 and 31 replace parts of the short 9 and fully replace route 99
Pvr will remain the same with
Short 9 using a vyking to interwork with schools
30 and 31 to use solars and renowns
No sunday service on these routes

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 09 Feb 2016

(09 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com 30 jarrow-boldon -downhill-witherwack-southwick -seaburn
31 jarrow-boldon-downhill-casletown -palion-barnes-silksworth
Both hourly so replacing the short 9s
The short 9 will be now
Sunderland -east boldon -boldon at hourly
Pvr
30  2x
31  2x
Short 9 1x
The 30 and 31 replace parts of the short 9 and fully replace route 99
Pvr will remain the same with
Short 9 using a vyking to interwork with schools
30 and 31 to use solars and renowns
No sunday service on these routes
passengers of the 9 will go off it like me anyways your suggestions all of them will not work leave Sunderland Services alone am happy the way they are

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - LeeCalder - 10 Feb 2016

I don't mind the odd suggestion here and there, especially the sensible or viable ones, but Howay, some of these suggestions put forward are getting both annoying and boring.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 10 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 9:00 am)LeeCalder I don't mind the odd suggestion here and there, especially the sensible or viable ones, but Howay, some of these suggestions put forward are getting both annoying and boring.

Agreed,

Why do we keep getting suggestions for services to Crook? If GNE were to do a service from there it would probably be commercial suicide, the current X46 is just a dead run back to the depot from Durham and has carried pretty much fresh air everytime I've seen it.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 10 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 9:00 am)LeeCalder I don't mind the odd suggestion here and there, especially the sensible or viable ones, but Howay, some of these suggestions put forward are getting both annoying and boring.

The one that Michael did the other day was a good suggestion I like that idea 

The ones that biglugs@yahoo.com made won't happen some of his ideas are terrible ideas either they have been done or will fail within days

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 10 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 9:32 am)Diamond One The one that Michael did the other day was a good suggestion I like that idea 

The ones that biglugs@yahoo.com made won't happen some of his ideas are terrible ideas either they have been done or will fail within days
When I do them, I try to make it clear I know they'd never happen but I try to make them realistic.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 10 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm)Davie When I do them, I try to make it clear I know they'd never happen but I try to make them realistic.

we all try our best even you do but yours is an effort you never know

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 10 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 5:49 pm)Diamond One we all try our best even you do but yours is an effort you never know
Tbh I just come up with whatever when I'm bored, if anyone thinks they are good it's a bounus.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 12 Feb 2016

(10 Feb 2016, 5:55 pm)Davie Tbh I just come up with whatever when I'm bored, if anyone thinks they are good it's a bounus.

years ago i suggesting having an express to newcastle 27X it worked but was later withdrawn

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - LeeCalder - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 12:55 am)Diamond One years ago i suggesting having an express to newcastle 27X it worked but was later withdrawn

So it didn't work then?...

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 8:04 am)LeeCalder So it didn't work then?...

From my experience it was pretty quiet, although some journeys were quite heavily used. It wasn't really much use for commuters with the first journey from Hebburn at around 10, and the final from Newcastle at about half past 4.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 12 Feb 2016

(12 Feb 2016, 8:04 am)LeeCalder So it didn't work then?...

Half worked

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - 2bagstew - 13 Feb 2016

X7 Sunderland-Peterlee-Stockton(North Tees Hospital) Sunday (Every 2 Hours)
same weekday but adding Shotton Colliery Same route from Wingate too Stockton High Street then Direct too the Hospital.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BusLoverMum - 13 Feb 2016

(13 Feb 2016, 10:41 pm)2bagstew X7 Sunderland-Peterlee-Stockton(North Tees Hospital) Sunday (Every 2 Hours)
same weekday but adding Shotton Colliery Same route from Wingate too Stockton High Street then Direct too the Hospital.

Might need to drop the X bit, with all that added.

Go North East: Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 14 Feb 2016

(13 Feb 2016, 10:41 pm)2bagstew X7 Sunderland-Peterlee-Stockton(North Tees Hospital) Sunday (Every 2 Hours)

That will never happen

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - James101 - 14 Feb 2016

An unlikely one due to dead millage (possible X7 interworking) but from operated from peterlee:

Hartlepool Middlegate
Hartlepool Hospital
Hartlepool Town Centre
fast to Billingham
fast to Stockton
North Tees Hospital.

Based on overcrowding on the 36 and the downgrading of Hartlepool Hospital with many services now at North Tees but there is still no public bus link.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Kuyoyo - 14 Feb 2016

(14 Feb 2016, 10:57 pm)James101 An unlikely one due to dead millage (possible X7 interworking) but from operated from peterlee:

Hartlepool Middlegate
Hartlepool Hospital
Hartlepool Town Centre
fast to Billingham
fast to Stockton
North Tees Hospital.

Based on overcrowding on the 36 and the downgrading of Hartlepool Hospital with many services now at North Tees but there is still no public bus link.

The Hospital Trust already provide a shuttle bus between the two hospital, and the previous attempt at a proper bus service didn't last long.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 14 Feb 2016

X10 newcastle -gateshead -heworth -concord-Sulgrave -nissan-a19-peterlee by pass-norton-stockton -middlesbrough
Provides a direct route for nissan workers from Newcastle or middlesbrough
May take 25 mins longer.

(14 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm)Kuyoyo The Hospital Trust already provide a shuttle bus between the two hospital, and the previous attempt at a proper bus service didn't last long.

I'm aware of this shuttle; though it's a poorly advertised service which requires pre-booking with an irregular timetable and priority is given to NHS staff. Being left behind is a real risk!

Also people aren't likely to be traveling from Hartlepool Hospital direct to North Tees. The reality is they're going from their homes, the suggested route runs through much of the town to reach the A689 and could pick up en route. I believe it could also pick up some 36 passengers fed up going the 'long way' through Hartlepool and Greatham. Plus a fast link between Billingham and Stockton.

(14 Feb 2016, 11:04 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com X10 newcastle -gateshead -heworth -concord-Sulgrave -nissan-a19-peterlee by pass-norton-stockton -middlesbrough
Provides a direct route for nissan workers from Newcastle or middlesbrough
May take 25 mins longer.

I'm not sure the extra passengers gained would outweigh the ones who would ditch the bus for the train for it taking so long! Also the justification of 2 extra buses in the PVR