North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 23 Mar 2014

Not one for creating speculation, but from looking on Flickr, there seems to be quite a lot of Ex London United Scania Omnicity Double Deckers at Thorntons, Could they be for Go North East ... Possibly.

It would certainly be a Very Smart move by GNE to bring these in for the X21 perhaps, and then have the B7's replace the remaining Olympians in the Fleet, also depending on how many there is, could some go on the X30/X31 to again cascade more B7's, certainly makes sense to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/13361304085/
Photo By: Ray Parnaby

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 23 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Not one for creating speculation, but from looking on Flickr, there seems to be quite a lot of Ex London United Scania Omnicity Double Deckers at Thorntons, Could they be for Go North East ... Possibly.

It would certainly be a Very Smart move by GNE to bring these in for the X21 perhaps, and then have the B7's replace the remaining Olympians in the Fleet, also depending on how many there is, could some go on the X30/X31 to again cascade more B7's, certainly makes sense to me.

Hope they do! I cant think of why not although Arriva have probably snatched them Tongue

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 23 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Not one for creating speculation, but from looking on Flickr, there seems to be quite a lot of Ex London United Scania Omnicity Double Deckers at Thorntons, Could they be for Go North East ... Possibly.

I hope so

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 23 Mar 2014

In short, the answer is no.

(23 Mar 2014, 8:12 pm)Dan In short, the answer is no.

Any idea where their heading?

(23 Mar 2014, 8:13 pm)Michael Any idea where their heading?

That I don't know, though I'm positive someone else on the forum will.
Certainly not heading to GNE though.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 23 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:14 pm)Dan That I don't know, though I'm positive someone else on the forum will.
Certainly not heading to GNE though.

I don't think it's any North East based company.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 23 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm)citaro5284 Dan beat me to it...No!

Guttered, I was feeling hopeful for a moment there

(23 Mar 2014, 8:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Guttered, I was feeling hopeful for a moment there

Thorntons do a lot of work for a lot of companies - in and outside of the North East.

While I agree it would be nice for them to come to GNE (from an enthusiast point of view), I just don't see it working at all.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 23 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:21 pm)Dan Thorntons do a lot of work for a lot of companies - in and outside of the North East.

While I agree it would be nice for them to come to GNE (from an enthusiast point of view), I just don't see it working at all.

I've never heard anything about a North East company getting any.

I asked Ray on one of his pictures of them on flickr..

Ray Parnaby Bus Stop Photos 19 minutes ago | reply
From memory, these will be going back to London United (RATP Group). They're replaced by NB4Ls and will be redeployed on other routes and release older TA class ;-D.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - tyresmoke - 23 Mar 2014

Unusual to see them up at Thorntons for "in service" refurbs as these are normally done by Hants & Dorset trim for most companies... But Thorntons do a lot of work on ex London stock so for them to get a piece of the London refurbs whilst in service too is nice, after all the more work the better.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Andreos1 - 24 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm)tyresmoke Unusual to see them up at Thorntons for "in service" refurbs as these are normally done by Hants & Dorset trim for most companies... But Thorntons do a lot of work on ex London stock so for them to get a piece of the London refurbs whilst in service too is nice, after all the more work the better.

It seems a canny hike to get a stack of them all the way up here, to send them all the way back down south again.
The price must have been very competitive, just to cover the fuel costs alone - nevermind staff wages, accommodation when dropping off/picking up etc.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 24 Mar 2014

(23 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm)Michael I asked Ray on one of his pictures of them on flickr..

Ray Parnaby Bus Stop Photos 19 minutes ago | reply
From memory, these will be going back to London United (RATP Group). They're replaced by NB4Ls and will be redeployed on other routes and release older TA class ;-D.

Bumped into Ray this morning in Durham, and he confirmed the above about the Omnicity Double Deckers.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Rob - 26 Mar 2014

(16 Mar 2014, 1:38 pm)Robert I'd take the X66 off that list. They have just spent loads of money on rebranding the buses so will want that to last. Due to it been complex it is obviously not a Temp brand.

I wonder what the operating costs of those Mercedes Citaro are like? Poor fuel efficency, increased driver costs and unreliablity, all spring to mind. Is it really worth clinging onto them? The same could be said about the Solar Fusion on the X40 too.

(18 Mar 2014, 6:36 pm)Davey Bowyer What GNE could do next yeat is this to displace the B7TL Gemini 1's to a more behind the scenes role:

- Acquire a B5TL demo for the X1 for one month and if successful, then do the following:

- Order 7 B5TL's to replace 6001 to 6007.
- 6001 to 6003 would go to CLS for the Angel.
- 6004 would be a spare for the TTX.
- 6005 would be a spare for the X1.
- 6006 would be a spare for the Angel with 3962 or 65 acting as a push comes to shove role.
- 6007 would be a spare for the TEN with 3941 or 42 acting as a push comes to shove role.

What about the X21? pdiddy will tell you how unreliable the current vehicles are.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Scott - 26 Mar 2014

(26 Mar 2014, 8:24 am)Rob I wonder what the operating costs of those Mercedes Citaro are like? Poor fuel efficency, increased driver costs and unreliablity, all spring to mind. Is it really worth clinging onto them? The same could be said about the Solar Fusion on the X40 too.

5.5 MPG for the Citaro, and about 6.5 mpg for the Solar Fusion, so the Solar is probably more cost effective.

I would convert both routes to double deck.

(26 Mar 2014, 8:43 am)Scott 5.5 MPG for the Citaro, and about 6.5 mpg for the Solar Fusion, so the Solar is probably more cost effective.

I would convert both routes to double deck.

Reasoning? I would personally assume standard single decked vehicles would be appropriate. Not to mention that the X66 must use single decked vehicles due to a low bridge, as has previously been discussed on this forum.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 26 Mar 2014

(26 Mar 2014, 9:06 am)Rob Reasoning? I would personally assume standard single decked vehicles would be appropriate. Not to mention that the X66 must use single decked vehicles due to a low bridge, as has previously been discussed on this forum.

That is true Rob, but on the flip side does the X66 have to use the Centrlink coming to/from Gateshead, as in recent weeks when I have used the Service it has went via A184 Askew Road in both Directions, but a few Drivers have went via Centrelink heading towards Gateshead.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Chris - 26 Mar 2014

(26 Mar 2014, 9:06 am)Rob Reasoning? I would personally assume standard single decked vehicles would be appropriate. Not to mention that the X66 must use single decked vehicles due to a low bridge, as has previously been discussed on this forum.

In terms of Centrelink, is there an agreement that stipulates that GNE must use it? Or at least use it for a proportion of journies?