North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 9:22 am)Tom When will the Nexus Bus fleet need to be replaced?

5-7 years time maybe.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 9:25 am)Michael 5-7 years time maybe.

No, it'll be way before then like. Nexus will want it Euro 6 soon.

(13 Apr 2014, 9:32 am)Tom No, it'll be way before then like. Nexus will want it Euro 6 soon.

Ah ye, Euro 6, not sure when they will replaced, there newish.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - tyresmoke - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 9:42 am)Michael Ah ye, Euro 6, not sure when they will replaced, there newish.

Not necessarily. Nexus are doing a lot of cost cutting at present so I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their specifications on most routes to Euro3 rather than the Euro4 they seemed to want last year.

(13 Apr 2014, 9:44 am)tyresmoke Not necessarily. Nexus are doing a lot of cost cutting at present so I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their specifications on most routes to Euro3 rather than the Euro4 they seemed to want last year.

and they want to run our buses.. all these cuts!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - tyresmoke - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 9:47 am)Michael and they want to run our buses.. all these cuts!

To be fair I'd rather them cut the backside stuff like contract specifications than cut services completely. See also the travel shop closures.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Davey Bowyer - 13 Apr 2014

I'd say that if the Crusader is going to be upgraded that it could well potenitally be E400's. I know GNE haven't purchased any Alexander Dennis double decks since 2001 but by looking at Volvo's offering at the moment, the E400 looks to be the right choice. They may not be good for any rural, high speed or long distance routes like the X1, TTX and TEN (Full 10 to Hexham); but they'd quite happily cope with the 27. However, if Volvo don't come up with a suitable heavyweight euro 6 chassis, then it could well be that GNE may forgive Scania for the trouble that they created for GNE with regards to the fleet at Stanley Depot depending upon whether or not Scania offer a heavyweight euro 6 chassis on any bodywork (most likely ADL E400) and whether or not the offering is the same or very similar to the euro 5 offering. If the above was to happen, then it could well be that the Red Arrows might receive an upgrade with 6001 to 6007 being the oldest B9TL's in the fleet next year allowing something like the following to happen:

- 6049 to 6051 making up PVR on ANGEL.
- 6052 being fitted with Tacho, power sockets fitted and allocated to TTX to make up PVR.
- 6001 to 6005 and 6053 to 6055 allocated to PRONTO.
- 6006 acting as a spare for the above potential order.
- 6007 relieving 3941 on light duties or a last resort spare for the TEN. 6007 would fitted with a Tacho and act as a spare for the TEN and TTX.

(13 Apr 2014, 10:05 am)tyresmoke To be fair I'd rather them cut the backside stuff like contract specifications than cut services completely. See also the travel shop closures.

Wonder if they could merge most of their contract services together.

Like the 37 and 73?

Sunderland – Castletown - Teal Farm – Concord/Coach Road Estate –Washington - Biddick Woods - Shiney Row - Herrington Burn - East Herrington - Doxford International - Doxford Park - Durham road - Sunderland

Although it will go up to 5 buses PVR at a frequency of every 30 mins and it won't ever happen

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - peter - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 10:17 am)Davey Bowyer I'd say that if the Crusader is going to be upgraded that it could well potenitally be E400's. I know GNE haven't purchased any Alexander Dennis double decks since 2001 but by looking at Volvo's offering at the moment, the E400 looks to be the right choice. They may not be good for any rural, high speed or long distance routes like the X1, TTX and TEN (Full 10 to Hexham); but they'd quite happily cope with the 27. However, if Volvo don't come up with a suitable heavyweight euro 6 chassis, then it could well be that GNE may forgive Scania for the trouble that they created for GNE with regards to the fleet at Stanley Depot depending upon whether or not Scania offer a heavyweight euro 6 chassis on any bodywork (most likely ADL E400) and whether or not the offering is the same or very similar to the euro 5 offering. If the above was to happen, then it could well be that the Red Arrows might receive an upgrade with 6001 to 6007 being the oldest B9TL's in the fleet next year allowing something like the following to happen:

- 6052 being fitted with Tacho, power sockets fitted and allocated to TTX to make up PVR.
- 6007 relieving 3941 on light duties or a last resort spare for the TEN. 6007 would fitted with a Tacho and act as a spare for the TEN and TTX.

Would it not be more likely that the Red Arrows would receive 16 new buses (14 branded with 2 red spares) which would displace 6001-6007 around the North East (to act as spares for the other 'older' double-deck services) displacing branded 3941, 3942, 3962, 3963, and 3965, as well as un-branded 3964 and 6038, from their respective depots. (Note: 3943 and a red spare at Washington would additionally be displaced by the 2 new red spares purchased.) Newer double-decks 6049-6055 would then transfer to Crook and branded for and used on service X21 displacing the Presidents which, along with the former branded spares as mentioned above, could result in a large number of elderly double-deckers to be withdrawn from service.

(13 Apr 2014, 10:23 am)peter Would it not be more likely that the Red Arrows would receive 16 new buses (14 branded with 2 red spares) which would displace 6001-6007 around the North East (to act as spares for the other 'older' double-deck services) displacing branded 3941, 3942, 3962, 3963, and 3965, as well as un-branded 3964 and 6038, from their respective depots. (Note: 3943 and a red spare at Washington would additionally be displaced by the 2 new red spares purchased.) Newer double-decks 6049-6055 would then transfer to Crook and branded for and used on service X21 displacing the Presidents which, along with the former branded spares as mentioned above, could result in a large number of elderly double-deckers to be withdrawn from service.

not sure if the X1 would get new buses, although orders can change and new orders haven't being confirmed yet so you never know

Does anyone know of Scania's euro 6 offering as of yet?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 10:17 am)Davey Bowyer I'd say that if the Crusader is going to be upgraded that it could well potenitally be E400's. I know GNE haven't purchased any Alexander Dennis double decks since 2001 but by looking at Volvo's offering at the moment, the E400 looks to be the right choice. They may not be good for any rural, high speed or long distance routes like the X1, TTX and TEN (Full 10 to Hexham); but they'd quite happily cope with the 27. However, if Volvo don't come up with a suitable heavyweight euro 6 chassis, then it could well be that GNE may forgive Scania for the trouble that they created for GNE with regards to the fleet at Stanley Depot depending upon whether or not Scania offer a heavyweight euro 6 chassis on any bodywork (most likely ADL E400) and whether or not the offering is the same or very similar to the euro 5 offering. If the above was to happen, then it could well be that the Red Arrows might receive an upgrade with 6001 to 6007 being the oldest B9TL's in the fleet next year allowing something like the following to happen:

I think I've tried to suggest that Pronto idea in the past Big Grin. To be honest though, I don't think it's a case of increasing PVR, I've always thought they've wanted to give better buses to the better services. New Gemini's on the Red Arrows would allow 6001 - 6007 to go onto the Prince Bishops and allow those Scanias to be displaced to various depots that desperately require extra buses and a couple of withdrawals perhaps, 6049 - 6055 on the Pronto would mean more sturdy well built vehicles for the long, enduring route (it's destroyed the Pronto Presidents). Fair enough the TTX needs new buses fast before those Gemini's are just driven into the ground (I saw 2 of them not in service in Riverside a few days ago). As the Angel is one of my local services and I use it literaly each day (hence my avatar courtesy of Dan), it sometimes feels like Chester just throw extra buses on to keep the frequency in case of bad traffic (I know that sounds ludicrous, but the amount of red Presidents that find their way on, as well as 3965 and 3962 (which people think are just spares in case a hybrid breaks down, they are actually put on each day to increase the amount of buses), ON TOP of then having all 15 hybrids out in service, you sometimes look at about 18/19/20 buses on a busy Saturday (sometimes it's just the 17 angels, but when there's been an accident a few vehicles normally get taken out of the depot to keep up with the lateness, they don't have to worry on a Saturday because there are no scholars to run). I can tell people will disagree with what I've just said in regards to the 21, but somebody else must have noticed a strange amount of vehicles on it.

(13 Apr 2014, 10:33 am)Marcus I think I've tried to suggest that Pronto idea in the past Big Grin. To be honest though, I don't think it's a case of increasing PVR, I've always thought they've wanted to give better buses to the better services. New Gemini's on the Red Arrows would allow 6001 - 6007 to go onto the Prince Bishops and allow those Scanias to be displaced to various depots that desperately require extra buses and a couple of withdrawals perhaps, 6049 - 6055 on the Pronto would mean more sturdy well built vehicles for the long, enduring route (it's destroyed the Pronto Presidents). Fair enough the TTX needs new buses fast before those Gemini's are just driven into the ground (I saw 2 of them not in service in Riverside a few days ago). As the Angel is one of my local services and I use it literaly each day (hence my avatar courtesy of Dan), it sometimes feels like Chester just throw extra buses on to keep the frequency in case of bad traffic (I know that sounds ludicrous, but the amount of red Presidents that find their way on, as well as 3965 and 3962 (which people think are just spares in case a hybrid breaks down, they are actually put on each day to increase the amount of buses), ON TOP of then having all 15 hybrids out in service, you sometimes look at about 18/19/20 buses on a busy Saturday (sometimes it's just the 17 angels, but when there's been an accident a few vehicles normally get taken out of the depot to keep up with the lateness, they don't have to worry on a Saturday because there are no scholars to run). I can tell people will disagree with what I've just said in regards to the 21, but somebody else must have noticed a strange amount of vehicles on it.

Not sure about the X9/X10 getting new buses already, its a long route and demanding but don't see them getting anything.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - citaro5284 - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 10:30 am)Michael not sure if the X1 would get new buses, although orders can change and new orders haven't being confirmed yet so you never know

A bit of a bugger when you know what potential vehicles are coming in the next year and cannot say and also having a laugh at all the different combinations you all come up with knowing what is going to happen.....Tongue

(13 Apr 2014, 10:42 am)citaro5284 A bit of a bugger when you know what potential vehicles are coming in the next year and cannot say and also having a laugh at all the different combinations you all come up with knowing what is going to happen.....Tongue

Tongue, i bet

Why don't u share that info :p

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - citaro5284 - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 10:45 am)Michael Why don't u share that info :p

And spoil all the fun......

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 10:48 am)citaro5284 And spoil all the fun......

It's not as fun when we're all repeating ourselves! Tongue

I'd actually say that Astromegas would be a great replacement for the TTX. Low floor, double deck, built for endurance routes and euro 6. They'd have to be on it for at least 15 year with a midlife refurbishment but it could certainly be justified if they were to be well looked after and it would certainly give the train a good run for it's money.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 11:04 am)Davey Bowyer I'd actually say that Astromegas would be a great replacement for the TTX. Low floor, double deck, built for endurance routes and euro 6. They'd have to be on it for at least 15 year with a midlife refurbishment but it could certainly be justified if they were to be well looked after and it would certainly give the train a good run for it's money.

Just a shame they're so expensive!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Kuyoyo - 13 Apr 2014

(13 Apr 2014, 11:09 am)Dan Just a shame they're so expensive!

They may be expensive, but you're paying for quality.