North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 11:33 pm)Davie 4926-4931 are in my opinion the worst Scania L94UB / Wright Solar buses in the fleet!

there the oldest batch when new they had the original Red Blue and Yellow Livery after the spike one they got rid of

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 11:36 pm)Diamond One there the oldest batch when new they had the original Red Blue and Yellow Livery after the spike one they got rid of

I'd rather have them over Omnicities 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 12 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 Haven't long seen 548 on the 239. There seemed to be 3 on.

Couple of things - it still appeared to have branding for NTL and displayed 'Fencehouses' (bet eezypeazy loves that), rather than 'Fence Houses' - like the 36 and 4 have.

Sadly "Fence Houses" was removed for the changes at both locations on 31 May. They were all altered to read "Fencehouses" instead.

Not sure what your preference is, but I have always spelled it the latter way, and I don't think either are deemed "wrong"?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 12 Jun 2015

Most, if not all of the Olympians (think there was one president too) based at Stanley have all gained new advertisements. Most are for the new Batman movie.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 12 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 11:33 pm)Davie 4926-4931 are in my opinion the worst Scania L94UB / Wright Solar buses in the fleet!

Id say there the best in the fleet, My opinion is the prince bishops 5211-5217 are the worst with 5214 being the worst one if you hadn't noticed in my little rant about it a few days ago

Y Reg : Very good 
51 Reg: alright but a few have old style slipped ZF gearboxes which makes this batch a bit more interesting
02 Reg : Very rare to ride as there's only 4 of them
52 Reg : Second best,have these every day on the 88 and still running smooth
53 Reg : not bad,but some have been finished by the curse of the prince bishops!
54 Reg : mostly awful , though some are still good most have again been cursed by the prince bishops
55 Reg : Great but one has a broken emissions thing as once I arrived in Hexham I was more than half dead!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - LeeCalder - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm)South Tyne Lad Id say there the best in the fleet, My opinion is the prince bishops 5211-5217 are the worst with 5214 being the worst one if you hadn't noticed in my little rant about it a few days ago

51 Reg: alright but a few have old style slipped ZF gearboxes which makes this batch a bit more interesting
53 Reg : not bad,but some have been finished by the curse of the prince bishops!
54 Reg : mostly awful , though some are still good most have again been cursed by the prince bishops
55 Reg : Great but one has a broken emissions thing as once I arrived in Hexham I was more than half dead!
The Prince Bishops Solars are horrendous. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm)LeeCalder The Prince Bishops Solars are horrendous. 

The only route there good on is the road to Alphas scrapyard Big Grin  or will they struggle up that road aswell?!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - neilwatson - 12 Jun 2015

I've just seen 6127 (GX03SVA) formally of Brighton and Hove on Blackett Street working on X71.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm)neilwatson I've just seen 6127 (GX03SVA) formally of Brighton and Hove on Blackett Street working on X71.

It has been for a couple of days

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm)Davie It has been for a couple of days

Indeed it has. Was on Scholars 827 on Wednesday evening.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm)neilwatson I've just seen 6127 (GX03SVA) formally of Brighton and Hove on Blackett Street working on X71.

Here's a photo of it https://flic.kr/p/usGmRb

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Bus_User - 12 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 11:06 pm)LeeCalder I was on one of Washington's Merit's (8262) about 2pm on the 82A between Washington and Barley Mow and I was disgraced that Go North East would actually let a bus on the road in the state that that was in!

I was actually appalled by the state of the bus. Seats were falling apart, there were about 20 different designed seats, there were stains all over the seats, massive marks all over the windows, sticky marks on the floor and the list goes on and on.

Obviously I couldn't go up and down the bus taking photos but there were two more seats which were in half, there were partially blue moquetted seats and partially graffiti moquetted seats. There were things scribed into the window.

Go North East should be ashamed that they have put a bus like this out in service. I have never ever had a go at GNE like this before but today it just sums up exactly why I am always moaning about the 82/82A. Disgrace.

Unfortunately I forgot the fleet number of the bus but I made sure the driver fully understood the situation.

I now know that the fleet number is 8262

Most of those seem cosmetic and regarding the different seat covers, then maybe there was no more spares of that particular design but I got to say window etchings does annoy me. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems most bus operators(with the exception of Stagecoach I think) uses the 'trick' to deal with window etchings. 

I know they use it on the Metro and it no doubts saves money and most important of all to a passenger it saves them from seeing windows being etched . 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - JakeSavage - 12 Jun 2015

Regarding this page on GNE website: http://www.simplygo.com/news/thehoppings - unless I'm missing something on the x40 timetable, it doesn't actually stop there does it? (Although the 40A does, clearly).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - G-CPTN - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 6:53 pm)Bus_User most bus operators(with the exception of Stagecoach I think) uses the 'trick' to deal with window etchings. 

I know they use it on the Metro and it no doubts saves money and most important of all to a passenger it saves them from seeing windows being etched . 

The 'trick' being?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm)South Tyne Lad Id say there the best in the fleet, My opinion is the prince bishops 5211-5217 are the worst with 5214 being the worst one if you hadn't noticed in my little rant about it a few days ago

all scanias perform well in my opinion they are a rather decent bus although before the highwayman brand came onto the scanias the Y reg ones the interiors looked hideous and needed a refurb now they look immaculate thanks to Thornton Brothers i've ridden on a few examples before but the 5 at Hexham have decent ones for Tynedale Links plus the Northern spare 
(12 Jun 2015, 3:50 pm)South Tyne Lad The only route there good on is the road to Alphas scrapyard Big Grin  or will they struggle up that road aswell?!!
Scanias are the best bus around one of my favourites the MPDs are the worse only decent one is 569 had that on an unlucky day literally which was Friday December 13th 2013

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - omnicity4659 - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm)JakeSavage Regarding this page on GNE website: http://www.simplygo.com/news/thehoppings - unless I'm missing something on the x40 timetable, it doesn't actually stop there does it? (Although the 40A does, clearly).

As there are bus stops en route to Newcastle, the bus can stop there.

(12 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm)JakeSavage Regarding this page on GNE website: http://www.simplygo.com/news/thehoppings - unless I'm missing something on the x40 timetable, it doesn't actually stop there does it? (Although the 40A does, clearly).

(12 Jun 2015, 7:08 pm)Tommy_1581 As there are bus stops en route to Newcastle, the bus can stop there.

A VOSA registration was submitted for the X40 service in April (or thereabouts) to allow the service to additionally stop here from 19th until 27th June inclusive for The Hoppings.

If my memory serves; when this was discussed at the time of the registration submission, Robert originally suggested this could coincide with the QuayLink changes (which were due to commence the following month). Clearly not...

(12 Jun 2015, 7:07 pm)Diamond One all scanias perform well in my opinion they are a rather decent bus although before the highwayman brand came onto the scanias the Y reg ones the interiors looked hideous and needed a refurb now they look immaculate thanks to Thornton Brothers i've ridden on a few examples before but the 5 at Hexham have decent ones for Tynedale Links plus the Northern spare 
Scanias are the best bus around one of my favourites the MPDs are the worse only decent one is 569 had that on an unlucky day literally which was Friday December 13th 2013

I wasn't saying all Scanias were bad, im just saying most of the ones on the prince bishops are, the rest are ok Smile

I like Scanias aswell.................Just not as much as Volvo

Yellow Optare Versa 8318 has returned to service at Riverside.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/18748894251/

(12 Jun 2015, 7:11 pm)Dan If my memory serves; when this was discussed at the time of the registration submission, Robert originally suggested this could coincide with the QuayLink changes (which were due to commence the following month). Clearly not...

Known me, i proably did  Tongue
What is happening with the 40A in general though? Will there be a Q3A on evenings and Sundays or will the Q3 just be rerouted to go via the 40A route rather than going non-stop between Barras Bridge and Gosforth?