North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 21 Sep 2013

(21 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm)fozzovmurton How about a new Durham-Sunderland service, I know there is already 6ph on the 20 and a bus every few minutes from Washington to Sunderland, it would unlock links between Durham and Waterview and the likes of Fram to Sunderland

Durham-Aykley Heads-Framwellgate Moor-Chester-le-Street-Fast to Washington-Waterview Park-A19-Hastings Hill-Sunderland Hospital-Park Lane

Keep the 50 as it is and put the extra service in between to give a 20 minute for Durham-Washington...

As for a service number, maybe bring it into the Prince Bishops and run the X20 on it...

Just a thought

Marxista Fozz

I like the new Durham-Sunderland service, that's almost like a ''Lime'' service I was talking about! - How about extending it to Crook, to provide new links south of Durham too?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 21 Sep 2013

How about sticking a decker back on the 50?

Altering the 8 slightly so that it goes via Pelton Fell (28/a via Pelaw Bank) and sticking deckers on there? (timetable issues may mean that can't work).

(21 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm)Andreos1 How about sticking a decker back on the 50?

Altering the 8 slightly so that it goes via Pelton Fell (28/a via Pelaw Bank) and sticking deckers on there? (timetable issues may mean that can't work).

Deckers on the 50 would be great! - There were two deckers on the 50 today, 3887 and 6016. The Scanias seem quite unreliable on the route.

Not sure about the 8 though, it doesn't really need deckers, the Washington-Sunderland section is usually very quiet.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 21 Sep 2013

(21 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm)W179SCU Deckers on the 50 would be great! - There were two deckers on the 50 today, 3887 and 6016. The Scanias seem quite unreliable on the route.

Not sure about the 8 though, it doesn't really need deckers, the Washington-Sunderland section is usually very quiet.

I'd disagree with this. There was a period that they were really unreliable, but over the past year, I'd say it's rare not to see a Solar on the route.

I would be in favour of deckers, but I'd worry that the Lolynes would make their way back onto it. Sad

Edit: I don't know how frequently you use the 8, but I normally find the 2A/2C/8 have a decent loading between Sunderland and Washington. A bit quieter on a Saturday, but you'd expect that I guess?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 21 Sep 2013

(21 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm)W179SCU Deckers on the 50 would be great! - There were two deckers on the 50 today, 3887 and 6016. The Scanias seem quite unreliable on the route.

I'm not being arsey by any means here, but if the Washington - Sunderland section is quiet on the 8...

Surely these new ideas should terminate in Washington rather than extend to Sunderland?

(21 Sep 2013, 10:02 pm)Andreos1 I'm not being arsey by any means here, but if the Washington - Sunderland section is quiet on the 8...

Surely these new ideas should terminate in Washington rather than extend to Sunderland?

Good point, but I've just thought of an idea, a week or so back we were discussing splitting the 56 up.

Rather than going via Waterview Park, why not have it operating to Concord, then the 56 route to Sunderland? The 56 would remain every 10 mins Newcastle-Concord, then every 30 minutes onwards. But, with this new service, the frequency combined would be every 15 mins?

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 21 Sep 2013

(21 Sep 2013, 9:33 pm)W179SCU I like the new Durham-Sunderland service, that's almost like a ''Lime'' service I was talking about! - How about extending it to Crook, to provide new links south of Durham too?

I would keep it Durham-Sunderland initially to seem how it fared, if demand is there then yes, extend it to Crook, is there still an Outstation in the Wear Valley, such a service could be an extension of the OK Way or even start using the Pronto for such a service.

I dont think people would use it for the full route, but might see people fromm Crook/Willington/New Brancepeth/Meadowfield and Langley Moor go to Durham, then Durham-Chester may see a few for Waterview and also interest between Washington and Sunderland

One thing about Crook, would Arrive retaliate and would they provoke each other

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 22 Sep 2013

Current Form:

8 - Stanley-Sunderland
50 - Durham-South Shields
56 - Newcastle-Sunderland

New Form:

8 - Stanley-Chester-le-Street (replaced by new X50 Chester-le-Street-Sunderland)
50 - Durham-South Shields (no change)
50A - Durham-Sunderland (provides a more regular link from Durham/Chester-le-Street to Washington, and adds a more regular 56A from Concord-Sunderland)
56 - Newcastle Concord (every 7/8 minutes)
56A - Concord-Sunderland (every 30 mins)

Service 50/X50 – Concord-Durham Summary
X50 50 X50 50
Durham Bus Station 46 53 16 23
Uni Hosp of Nth Durham 50 57 20 27
Framwellgate Moor 52 58 22 28
Platsworth Red Lion 58 --- 28 ---
Arison Centre --- 02 --- 32
Waldrige Park Estate --- 10 --- 40
Chester-le-Street Coral’s 06 21 36 51
Picktree Village 11 --- 41 ---
Rickleton Village Ctre 13 --- 43 ---
Harraton Shops 15 --- 45 ---
Glebe Bus Link 21 --- 51 ---
Ayton Dunnock Drive --- 27 --- 57
Lambton Village Centre --- 30 --- 00
Washington Galleries 25 35 55 05
Concord Bus Station 32 42 02 12

Service X50/56 – Concord-Sunderland Summary

X50 56A X50 56A
Concord Bus Station 32 47 02 17
Sulgrave Village Centre 37 52 07 22
Nissan UK Car Factory 42 57 12 27
Hlyton Castle 46 01 16 31
Southwick Green 51 06 21 36
Sunderland Ichange 03 18 33 48

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Mark1 - 22 Sep 2013

Would it not be easier and less confusing for passengers if the 56A was renumbered X50 if they are going to run the same route between Park Lane and Concord giving a fifteen minute frequency X50 along this route.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 6:04 pm)Mark1 Would it not be easier and less confusing for passengers if the 56A was renumbered X50 if they are going to run the same route between Park Lane and Concord giving a fifteen minute frequency X50 along this route.

Good idea.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 23 Sep 2013

I remember before the 2A/2C started up that there was a rumour doing the rounds that the service was going to be branded the "magnificent sevens" with the service numbers starting with the number 7, that soon died when the 2A/C silver arrows were announced.

maybe GNE should brand the lime 78/78A as the 7/7A so you have the sevens and eights on the lime services and maybe come up with a new brand for the proposed sevens and eights.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 23 Sep 2013

(23 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm)cbma06 I remember before the 2A/2C started up that there was a rumour doing the rounds that the service was going to be branded the "magnificent sevens" with the service numbers starting with the number 7, that soon died when the 2A/C silver arrows were announced.

maybe GNE should brand the lime 78/78A as the 7/7A so you have the sevens and eights on the lime services and maybe come up with a new brand for the proposed sevens and eights.

Much better than Lime, shoud of went with it when they first branded the service

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 23 Sep 2013

(23 Sep 2013, 8:07 pm)Adam Malarkey Much better than Lime, shoud of went with it when they first branded the service

I quite like the 'Lime' brand. There again I don't think you ever get a bad ride out of those Renowns.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 23 Sep 2013

The buses on the Lime are great but i think its time for the brand to get new buses and a new brand.

The brand has being good while its lasted but its time for a change

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 23 Sep 2013

(23 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm)cbma06 I remember before the 2A/2C started up that there was a rumour doing the rounds that the service was going to be branded the "magnificent sevens" with the service numbers starting with the number 7, that soon died when the 2A/C silver arrows were announced.

As GNE love changing things and causing confusion here, there and everywhere, turn into service 6 and service 7 and call the brand at sixes and sevens

Marxista Fozz

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 24 Sep 2013

Just picking up from the thing about the "Lime" and "Magnificent 7" Brand Names. So I have came up with Service Suggestion

77 - Stanley - Beamish - Pelton - Chester-le-Street - Harraton - Washington - Waterview Park Hastings Hill - Chester Road - Sunderland
Every 30 Minutes

77A - Consett - Leadgate - Greencroft - Annfield Plain - Stanley - Pelton - Chester-le-Street - Harraton - Washington - Waterview Park Hastings Hill - Chester Road - Sunderland
Every 1 Hour

78 - Consett - Leadgate - Greencroft - Annfield Plain - Stanley - Pelton - Chester-le-Street - Great Lumley - Shiney Row - Hastings Hill - Chester Road - Sunderland
Every 30 Minutes

78A - Stanley - Beamish - Pelton - Chester-le-Street - Great Lumley - Shiney Row - Hastings Hill - Chester Road - Sunderland
Every 1 Hour

Combined Frequency of Every 10 Minutes Daytime Monday - Saturday and 77/78 Both once an Hour (Combined Every 30 Minutes) on Sundays.

[attachment=4633]

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 24 Sep 2013

Nice brand idea but i think their is a enough buses along chester road atm for anther 10 min service (combained)

Current routes on the Broadway section - (Hospital to Broadway Petrol station)

2/2C - 10 mins combined (Continues on to A19 section)
5/5A - 30 mins
16 - 10 mins
8 - 30 mins -(Continues on to A19 section)
39 - 20 mins
78 - 30 mins - (Continues on to A19 section)
78A - 30 mins - late evening - Hourly - (Continues on to A19 section)
+
Infront of the Hospital - you have

35 - every 20 mins
700 - Every 15 mins
So in front of the hospital you currently have a bus every few mins.

Im not against your idea at all, i think its great but with the traffic problems at the Broadway on Chester road, we don't need anther bus along that road.

How about having the 8 (new number 77/77A) -
77 - Sunderland - Sunderland Enterprise Park - Washington Highway - Galleries - Current route? - Half Hourly
77A - Current route - Half hourly

Still have the 78/78A - (30 mins) - along their current routes - 15 mins along parts of the route

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 28 Sep 2013

X37 - Blyth - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Cobalt - Coast Road - Newcastle - MetroCentre Non Stop

X38 - North Shields - Cobalt - Coast Road - Newcastle - Metrocentre Non Stop

Both would be Limited Stopping Services running Every 30 Minutes Combined working alongside the 309/310.

Coming into Newcastle there is a slight route problem, which I have thought about, and I have came up with two solutions.

1.) Coming into Newcastle from Blyth/North Shields Services will serve Haymarket Bus Station and from the MetroCentre they'll serve Eldon Square, or Alternatively they both Serve Eldon Square.

2.) Have run it via Pilgrim Street/Grainger Street and Central Station in Both Directions or Instead of via Central Station, Have them go down the Quayside/Centrelink in Both Directions

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - dav06295 - 28 Sep 2013

(28 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm)Adam Malarkey X37 - Blyth - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Cobalt - Coast Road - Newcastle - MetroCentre Non Stop

X38 - North Shields - Cobalt - Coast Road - Newcastle - Metrocentre Non Stop

Both would be Limited Stopping Services running Every 30 Minutes Combined working alongside the 309/310.

Coming into Newcastle there is a slight route problem, which I have thought about, and I have came up with two solutions.

1.) Coming into Newcastle from Blyth/North Shields Services will serve Haymarket Bus Station and from the MetroCentre they'll serve Eldon Square, or Alternatively they both Serve Eldon Square.

2.) Have run it via Pilgrim Street/Grainger Street and Central Station in Both Directions or Instead of via Central Station, Have them go down the Quayside/Centrelink in Both Directions

Don't need a link to the Metro Centre. The TEN does exactly that. Why not do this:

- Service X38 would operate all of the Arriva 308 route between Blyth and Billy Mill calling at all stops. Buses would then operate limited stop between there and St Mary's and Haymarket calling at Norham Road and Willington Square. Buses would operate every 30 minutes during the day with evening and Sunday journeys operating hourly.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 29 Sep 2013

(28 Sep 2013, 9:08 pm)dav06295 Don't need a link to the Metro Centre. The TEN does exactly that. Why not do this:

- Service X38 would operate all of the Arriva 308 route between Blyth and Billy Mill calling at all stops. Buses would then operate limited stop between there and St Mary's and Haymarket calling at Norham Road and Willington Square. Buses would operate every 30 minutes during the day with evening and Sunday journeys operating hourly.

On one hand you're saying don't duplicate the TEN between Newcastle and Metro Centre; but on the other you're saying duplicate, in part, an existing route provided by the 308?