North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 29 Sep 2013

(28 Sep 2013, 9:08 pm)dav06295 Don't need a link to the Metro Centre. The TEN does exactly that.

So does the 31, 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47 and 100? There's loads of duplication on the Newcastle to Metrocentre corridor, because it's well used.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 29 Sep 2013

The X68 was a great service, it operated from Tynemouth to the Metrocentre via Wallsend and the Quayside. Provided a number of fantastic links!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 29 Sep 2013

(29 Sep 2013, 10:47 am)BJ10VUS So does the 31, 43, 44, 45, 46 and 47 and 100? There's loads of duplication on the Newcastle to Metrocentre corridor, because it's well used.

I was just thinking the same thing.

The Idea wasn't to Duplicate the Services between Newcastle/Metrocentre, it was to create a Number of New Links from 2 Key Coastal Areas to the Metrocentre. Plus an Extra 2 Buses an Hour isn't exactly going to do any harm regarding Duplication as Dave seems to think.

And Tom that X68 has just give me a thought of extending from Whitley Bay upto Tynemouth to Further improve links.

(29 Sep 2013, 1:06 pm)Adam Malarkey I was just thinking the same thing.

The Idea wasn't to Duplicate the Services between Newcastle/Metrocentre, it was to create a Number of New Links from 2 Key Coastal Areas to the Metrocentre. Plus an Extra 2 Buses an Hour isn't exactly going to do any harm regarding Duplication as Dave seems to think.

And Tom that X68 has just give me a thought of extending from Whitley Bay upto Tynemouth to Further improve links.

I'd have it the way it was orginally, or have it running along the Coast Road until Willington Square, then have it running down Churchill Street, Wallsend, Fosssway and Quayside Wink

(29 Sep 2013, 1:10 pm)W179SCU I'd have it the way it was orginally, or have it running along the Coast Road until Willington Square, then have it running down Churchill Street, Wallsend, Fosssway and Quayside Wink

I'd have it run along the coast road/Jesmond and Sandyford Road and have turn left at St.Mary's Place and go down to John Dobson Street/Pilgrim Street then Grainger Street and down onto the Quayside to the MetroCentre.

(29 Sep 2013, 1:30 pm)Adam Malarkey I'd have it run along the coast road/Jesmond and Sandyford Road and have turn left at St.Mary's Place and go down to John Dobson Street/Pilgrim Street then Grainger Street and down onto the Quayside to the MetroCentre.

There is no point in that, though. They can easily get a 306/310 to Newcastle, then a 10/10A/10B/31/43/44/45/46/47 to Metrocentre?

(29 Sep 2013, 1:32 pm)W179SCU There is no point in that, though. They can easily get a 306/310 to Newcastle, then a 10/10A/10B/31/43/44/45/46/47 to Metrocentre?

Right so what would be the benefit of it Serving Wallsend then on the way to the MetroCentre, as I can't see that many getting on it there at all.

I do think having it go via John Dobson Street/Pilgrim Street or having it Serve Eldon Square could be a Major Benefit for Passengers. I honestly don't think 2 Buses would have a Serious Effect to those that already serve the MetroCentre from Eldon Square.

(29 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm)Adam Malarkey Right so what would be the benefit of it Serving Wallsend then on the way to the MetroCentre, as I can't see that many getting on it there at all.

I do think having it go via John Dobson Street/Pilgrim Street or having it Serve Eldon Square could be a Major Benefit for Passengers. I honestly don't think 2 Buses would have a Serious Effect to those that already serve the MetroCentre from Eldon Square.

A lot more than going via Newcastle. North Shields to Wallsend would get a quicker bus, there would be competition with the 22 at Fossway, new links to Quayside etc.

There is no point in having that going via Quayside from Newcastle. Also, there is already plenty of buses along the Coast Road, and the 100 serves Pilgrim Street, so not much of a ''Major benifit''. Also, you've got the 51/306/307/308/309/310 that serve Haymarket, and the 58 which service John Dobson Street and New Bridge Street.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Fyacebukpolis - 29 Sep 2013

What about Fence Houses - that does not have a direct bus to the MetroCentre.

Me and Mrs Polis love having a rake around. We walk to Lumley at the moment to get the bus from there - but even that is stopping soon!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - dav06295 - 29 Sep 2013

(29 Sep 2013, 12:15 am)aureolin On one hand you're saying don't duplicate the TEN between Newcastle and Metro Centre; but on the other you're saying duplicate, in part, an existing route provided by the 308?
I'm not, it would be a faster and quicker alternative to the Toon

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 30 Sep 2013

(29 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm)W179SCU A lot more than going via Newcastle. North Shields to Wallsend would get a quicker bus, there would be competition with the 22 at Fossway, new links to Quayside etc.

There is no point in having that going via Quayside from Newcastle. Also, there is already plenty of buses along the Coast Road, and the 100 serves Pilgrim Street, so not much of a ''Major benifit''. Also, you've got the 51/306/307/308/309/310 that serve Haymarket, and the 58 which service John Dobson Street and New Bridge Street.

What about having a Limited Stopping 17 and giving it an extension from Wallsend to the MetroCentre as the current 17/17A as has been noted has been getting hammered off these new Arriva Services.

Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Preston Grange - North Shields - Royal Quays - Wallsend - Newcastle Quayside - Centrelink - MetroCentre

You'll be able work something better than the above no doubt with living in the Area.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 30 Sep 2013

(30 Sep 2013, 2:28 pm)Adam Malarkey What about having a Limited Stopping 17 and giving it an extension from Wallsend to the MetroCentre as the current 17/17A as has been noted has been getting hammered off these new Arriva Services.

Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Preston Grange - North Shields - Royal Quays - Wallsend - Newcastle Quayside - Centrelink - MetroCentre

You'll be able work something better than the above no doubt with living in the Area.

Thats a good idea! - And yeah, there is a good chance the 17/17A will get hammered of the 51/54. They are far more reliable than the 17.

The 307 has already gone dead with the new 51 service! - The 54 is a great service too, there are more get on there to Rake Lane and New York now! Arriva have defiantly thought these changes through, unline the X6/X6A.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 01 Oct 2013

Could any of these services that are being proposed serve Newcastle AND the Quayside to offer a slight alternative and reach parts of the town without a Metrocentre link?

- into Newcastle as present, Blackett Street, Pilgrim Street, Mosley Street, Dean St, Quayside, Centrelink - Metrocentre

or from Jesmond, Central Motorway (or Sandyford) to Newbridge St, follow the route the 1 works through Newcastle - Mosley Street, Dean St, Quayside, Centrelink - Metrocentre

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 01 Oct 2013

(01 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm)Andreos1 Could any of these services that are being proposed serve Newcastle AND the Quayside to offer a slight alternative and reach parts of the town without a Metrocentre link?

- into Newcastle as present, Blackett Street, Pilgrim Street, Mosley Street, Dean St, Quayside, Centrelink - Metrocentre

or from Jesmond, Central Motorway (or Sandyford) to Newbridge St, follow the route the 1 works through Newcastle - Mosley Street, Dean St, Quayside, Centrelink - Metrocentre

That works for me coming in from Jesmond, either way we have came up with a few alternatives for the routing through Newcastle, I still think having it serve Haymarket/Eldon Square before going down to the Quayside would be ideal also. Despite there already being numerous services to the MetroCentre from Eldon Square.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 01 Oct 2013

Does Fence Houses actually need a 10 minute frequency bus service?.

Split the X1 into X1 and X2 each providing a 20 minute service, run the X2 via M1 route through Bournmoor and Fence Houses between Shiney Row and Houghton.

Run the 4 Connections the original route to Houghton Church then a 20 minute frequency extension from Houghton Church down to Chester-Le-Street along the 71 route with service 71 be withdrawn and if GNE doesn't want to terminate the other 20 minute service which terminates at Houghton Church, then run this service up and round Hall Lane estate replacing the loss of service 20 when half the 20's turned into 20A via Npower, and from Hall Lane estate goes down to the Npower building then back upto Houghton Church from Fence Houses meeting up with the other 4 Connections from Chester-Le-Street then a 10 minute service going back to Heworth.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 01 Oct 2013

(01 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm)Adam Malarkey That works for me coming in from Jesmond, either way we have came up with a few alternatives for the routing through Newcastle, I still think having it serve Haymarket/Eldon Square before going down to the Quayside would be ideal also. Despite there already being numerous services to the MetroCentre from Eldon Square.

Forgetting about the duplication between Newcastle and the Metrocentre or where it should go around Newcastle - is there demand for it to stop (to pick up passengers) at Haymarket or space for it to call at Eldon Square?

If it stops at Haymarket - it is missing out on an established passenger base waiting in Eldon Square for a 'Metrocentre bus'.

If it goes to Eldon Square, which stand would it use? (bearing in mind the frequency of the existing services that stop there and my comments about passengers waiting for a 'Metrocentre bus').

I'm not having a go or dismissing any of the ideas, just throwing a couple of points to think about.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 01 Oct 2013

(01 Oct 2013, 2:58 pm)Andreos1 Forgetting about the duplication between Newcastle and the Metrocentre or where it should go around Newcastle - is there demand for it to stop (to pick up passengers) at Haymarket or space for it to call at Eldon Square?

If it stops at Haymarket - it is missing out on an established passenger base waiting in Eldon Square for a 'Metrocentre bus'.

If it goes to Eldon Square, which stand would it use? (bearing in mind the frequency of the existing services that stop there and my comments about passengers waiting for a 'Metrocentre bus').

I'm not having a go or dismissing any of the ideas, just throwing a couple of points to think about.

I definitely think the "Passenger Demand" for an Hourly Xpress is there for a link to the Metrocentre from Whitley Bay/North Shields and I think if it was to serve Haymarket it would be missing out on the established passenger base waiting in Eldon Square and it otherwise be unsuccesful, as for what Stand it would stop on, I'm sure it could easily fit in somewhere.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 02 Oct 2013

*New Service*

X83 - Hexham – Dilston – Slaley – Whittonstall – Ebchester – Shotley Bridge – Blackhall - Consett – Leadgate – Delves Lane – Lanchester - Witton Gilbert - Framwellgate Moor - Durham

Hexham to Consett – 54 Minutes
Consett to Durham – 30 Minutes
Total Journey Time – 84 Minutes – Could be Faster if it was to be Limited Stoping

Replaces Services 15/15A and Venture 689 – Every 30 Minutes

*New Service*

50A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre - Waldridge Park - Chester-le-Street - Washington Galleries - Concord - Boldon – Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - Percy Main - Royal Quays - North Shields – Hourly Monday to Saturday

Not sure how well this would be used between Washington and North Shields, but it would certainly open up some Interesting Links

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - CatsFast101 - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 12:26 am)Adam Malarkey *New Service*

X83 - Hexham – Dilston – Slaley – Whittonstall – Ebchester – Shotley Bridge – Blackhall - Consett – Leadgate – Delves Lane – Lanchester - Witton Gilbert - Framwellgate Moor - Durham

Hexham to Consett – 54 Minutes
Consett to Durham – 30 Minutes
Total Journey Time – 84 Minutes – Could be Faster if it was to be Limited Stoping

Replaces Services 15/15A and Venture 689 – Every 30 Minutes

*New Service*

50A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre - Waldridge Park - Chester-le-Street - Washington Galleries - Concord - Boldon – Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - Percy Main - Royal Quays - North Shields – Hourly Monday to Saturday

Not sure how well this would be used between Washington and North Shields, but it would certainly open up some Interesting Links

Durham to Hexham idea okay, but going from once a day to two an hour on the Consett-Heham section, so I'm not sure how well used it would be. And Durham-North Shields, reliability issues eat your heart our!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - tyresmoke - 02 Oct 2013

(02 Oct 2013, 6:17 am)CatsFast101 Durham to Hexham idea okay, but going from once a day to two an hour on the Consett-Heham section, so I'm not sure how well used it would be. And Durham-North Shields, reliability issues eat your heart our!

Wouldn't be much good if GNE lost the tender for the 689 in April!