North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 21 Oct 2013

Can anyone explain why I saw X9/X10 B9TL 6044 in Gateshead interchange at 1610 with Scholars 141 on the screen? This would be Walbottle Campus - Newbiggin Hall - but it appears (from VOSA) that Arriva run this one!?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 21 Oct 2013

(21 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm)CitaroFavourite i think check out my flickr photos there on there right now

I had a look Bazza, thats what peaked my interest

I'm using the car this week (working across at Cobalt) so I'm not using the Waggonway to check for myself (wasn't sure if they were nearside or just rear)

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 21 Oct 2013

Following speculation yesterday on the proposed allocations for 4911, 4912 and 4913.
Those that suspected that the 15 would be involved appear to have been correct as 4912 was out on the 15 today although the following run was covered by a Vyking.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 21 Oct 2013

Any news on the citylink versas? Are they arriving after the streetlites, cause wasn't it mentioned they were coming in october

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 21 Oct 2013

5329 was the crusader involved in the crash

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 21 Oct 2013

It may have gone unnoticed as it's in the off-topic section of the forum, but has anyone seen theOne's design for the Streetlites to be allocated to "Drifter" service 60?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4749]

What are everyone's thoughts and feelings on it? Leave your comments on the original post.

Click here for original post.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 21 Oct 2013

(21 Oct 2013, 10:46 am)Andreos1 Forgot to mention (blame lack of sleep) that there are/have been two older men taking photos at Concord, two men (possibly brothers) taking fleet numbers at Heworth and a young lad looking like he was desperate to get a photo of a Solar Waggonway.

I must have been 3/4 of the way through my journey when the first 'is this the M1' query came in.

Those blokes were at Concord when I was there early on - caught Connections 4 from Fencehouses to get there - good job you weren't out any earlier lol !

Driver was quizzing folk at the stops if they didn't attempt to get on - top customer service I thought from the Washington lads and lass's today

(21 Oct 2013, 4:11 pm)GTM Have they taken the 25% off ticket price graphic from the Waggonway branding?

I'm pretty sure that the 25% off is still on the Waggonway re-branded buses as I've seen 2 of them today

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 21 Oct 2013

(21 Oct 2013, 8:46 pm)busman101 I'm pretty sure that the 25% off is still on the Waggonway re-branded buses as I've seen 2 of them today

Cheers for clearing up. I've only seen one of from offside

(21 Oct 2013, 8:48 pm)GTM Cheers for clearing up. I've only seen one of from offside

Going to check in the morning though to make sure I don't need a trip to Specsavers !

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 21 Oct 2013

(21 Oct 2013, 8:44 pm)busman101 Those blokes were at Concord when I was there early on - caught Connections 4 from Fencehouses to get there - good job you weren't out any earlier lol !

Driver was quizzing folk at the stops if they didn't attempt to get on - top customer service I thought from the Washington lads and lass's today

Too busy to get to Fencehouses today. The Fencehouses Popular Front have Ken organising the next meeting.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 22 Oct 2013

Facebook message about the proposed North Sunderland changes...

Hi everyone! I don't who is aware, but Go North East are proposing to withdraw the 36/36A service. They are justifying this by proposing to increase the 26 to a 20 min service. Fine if you don't need to go over the Alexandra Bridge for work, hospital, shopping or leisure. The consultation forms haven't been available on the 36/36A even though I have asked several drivers. In the end, I e-mailed a request for a number of the forms be sent to my home address so I could distribute them among the 36/36A passengers. They sent me 12!!! So if you care about our bus services, if not for yourself, then maybe for a relative or neighbour who relies on them, contact them on Facebook or www.simplygo.com. We only have till 30 Oct to have our views heard. Please fight to keep our bus links.

I have to agree iv'e used the 26/36/36A last few days i haven't seen any on their.

Update: Guess who's liked it? - Yes of course its.... Ian Hignett likes this.

RE: Go North East - Latest - eezypeazy - 22 Oct 2013

The consultation says there'll still be peak time buses over the QA Bridge, and of course the 99, so you should still be able to get to work.

If there's not enough people using the 36/36A, as you saw, Michael, then there's little point in providing it.

New X36 and 26 seems sensible to me.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 22 Oct 2013

It was a post by someone on the GNE FB page but i agree, most people would rather travel Southwick way than all the way around the world, the 36A i think goes that way.

I like the 26 and X36 idea but think the 26 could be effected by traffic etc

Gonna keep checking VOSA to see if any of the changes appear..

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 22 Oct 2013

(22 Oct 2013, 7:38 am)Michael It was a post by someone on the GNE FB page but i agree, most people would rather travel Southwick way than all the way around the world, the 36A i think goes that way.

I like the 26 and X36 idea but think the 26 could be effected by traffic etc

Gonna keep checking VOSA to see if any of the changes appear..

It's another of these invisible consultations as they don't want results which won't agree with what they've already decided to do. What is appalling is that the consultation form, which I had to hunt around for, doesn't mention that the X3 is presumably going to be killed off (vehicles used on short 9's and extra X36) having been cut to hourly ONLY 5 MONTHS AGO. Even since those recent changes each time I've used it recently there have been good loadings from Newcastle and Gateshead to East Boldon and Fulwell (as well as to Sunderland who could obviously use X36) so it'll be these people who are deprived of a through bus to Newcastle. And in my more limited use of X36 it's intermediate loadings are lower than those of X3.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 22 Oct 2013

(22 Oct 2013, 11:20 am)Greg in Weardale It's another of these invisible consultations as they don't want results which won't agree with what they've already decided to do. What is appalling is that the consultation form, which I had to hunt around for, doesn't mention that the X3 is presumably going to be killed off (vehicles used on short 9's and extra X36) having been cut to hourly ONLY 5 MONTHS AGO. Even since those recent changes each time I've used it recently there have been good loadings from Newcastle and Gateshead to East Boldon and Fulwell (as well as to Sunderland who could obviously use X36) so it'll be these people who are deprived of a through bus to Newcastle. And in my more limited use of X36 it's intermediate loadings are lower than those of X3.

Speaking of the x36, the one I saw arriving into Newcastle had 2 people on.

Curious to see the PR spin to see how many forms have been distributed and returned after the shambles that was the Coaster consultation.

Haven't been home much over the last week, but yet to get my Connecections 4 timetable that was promised to houses on route.
250yds from a bus stop obviously doesn't class as on route.
Will give them a few days to get it sorted, so will keep an open mind until then.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 22 Oct 2013

GNE have been leaflet dropping a fair few DH postcodes with details of the 'new' X22

Marketed at £5.50 return (cheaper than the train and no connections

God knows what the red bus on the front is supposed to be. Looks like a Vyking had a love child with an ELC

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 22 Oct 2013

(22 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm)GTM GNE have been leaflet dropping a fair few DH postcodes with details of the 'new' X22

Marketed at £5.50 return (cheaper than the train and no connections

God knows what the red bus on the front is supposed to be. Looks like a Vyking had a love child with an ELC

Guessing the poor folks living in the DH postcode area of Lumley, Leamside, Rainton, Belmont and Carrville won't be getting a leaflet through their doors! Wink

(22 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm)Andreos1 Guessing the poor folks living in the DH postcode area of Lumley, Leamside, Rainton, Belmont and Carrville won't be getting a leaflet through their doors! Wink

Course they will, they can hop on the 20 or the 71/78 (buy a Buzzfare) and its an easy connection Big GrinBig Grin

[Image: christmas-bus.gif]

Go North East Christmas Information Released

http://www.simplygo.com/news/christmas-and-new-year-buses-2013

Summary

Xmas Eve - Saturday service last departures 18.00 - 19.00
Xmas Day - Eat, drink and be merry. Just don't expect a bus
Boxing Day - TBC - Will be confirmed on the website on 18th November
27/28 December - Saturday Service
Sun 29 - Sunday Service
Mon 30 Dec- Saturday
New Years Eve - Sat service last departures 18.00-19.00
New Years Day - No service (Disgraceful imo)
Thu 2 - 3rd - Normal service (note buses that run on school days will not run)
Sat 4th January - Back to normal

Notable dates - Newcastle are at home on Boxing Day and on the 29th
Sunderland spend the Christmas season losing away from home but are at home on New Years Day