North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 9:53 am)nk55 No wage increase, but no doubt the amount of claims or false claims will be the reason.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you're travelling in an area where you can buy a day rover, then there's no need for a 3 zone buzzfare!, so in reality a 2 zone at £6.20 (from 09/04) is cheaper than a day rover.

Believe this was a commonly cited reason by whoever manages the Facebook and Twitter accounts. I always thought it was a bit unfair to put the blame on the workforce, when it's really to maintain profit margins.

On another note, I'll be lost now that every fare isn't £3.15. Huh

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 30 Mar 2014

Here's a quick Sunday Afternoon question for all you enthusiasts:

Twenty year ago, a new revolution occured on the driving force of North Tyneside. It was the first of it's kind and has evolved since and has led GNE to where it is now. One vehicle was delivered in January and the rest were delivered in October. They lasted 15 year on the same route that only had a number change at one stage. What milestone I'm I talking about and what vehicle type was launched?

Aw and here's a bonus question:

Away from it's home depot, one of them operated another route from another depot for a very short spell. What year was it and, what route was it?

RE: Go North East - Latest - peter - 30 Mar 2014

Just noticed that 5210 is down as being Tynedale Express branded on the GNE fleet allocation!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 1:01 pm)Davey Bowyer Here's a quick Sunday Afternoon question for all you enthusiasts:

Twenty year ago, a new revolution occured on the driving force of North Tyneside. It was the first of it's kind and has evolved since and has led GNE to where it is now. One vehicle was delivered in January and the rest were delivered in October. They lasted 15 year on the same route that only had a number change at one stage. What milestone I'm I talking about and what vehicle type was launched?

Away from it's home depot, one of them operated another route from another depot for a very short spell. What year was it and, what route was it?

I will indulge you Wink

Will take a punt at the intro of low floor/easy access buses.

No idea where the other depot was though.

(30 Mar 2014, 1:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous I will indulge you Wink

Will take a punt at the intro of low floor/easy access buses.

No idea where the other depot was though.

Hmm, you've got the first point but what vehicle type was it and if you can, the bouns question.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 12:28 pm)Racer_Experience could somebody give me a list of all the vehicles and which depot they were new to please

If your looking for some older fleet lists that date back to about 2004/2005 onwards, try Jeff's Bus Lane. It doesn't have the vehicles and which depots they were new at, but does tell you about where they were and where they've been over the years etc. Some of the old Deltas and Metroriders amongst the other former GNE vehicles are noted on the oldest fleet lists as well. It's been retired but the page is still accessable, and mainly the fleetlists got updated when major movements occured or new vehicles entered the fleet. I know there are lots of other websites where you can get the same info, but I use that website because it's got really old fleetlists from several different companies.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 1:01 pm)Davey Bowyer Here's a quick Sunday Afternoon question for all you enthusiasts:

Was it those five Wright Lances that were introduced on the Coastline services in the mid 90's? I'm pretty much Exclusive First Editions made a model of it years ago, it's just sprung to my mind.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm)Marcus Was it those five Wright Lances that were introduced on the Coastline services in the mid 90's? I'm pretty much Exclusive First Editions made a model of it years ago, it's just sprung to my mind.

I'm thinking the same thing here, and yes EFE did have Model of it Years Ago which can be seen on the link below, Had mine since it was released so it a bit scratched here and there, but otherwise it's in good condition

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/10867194204/in/set-72157633142816994

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 30 Mar 2014

Next stop announcements on the #309 are fantastic, much better than the usual ones.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 2:40 pm)Tom Next stop announcements on the #309 are fantastic, much better than the usual ones.

The ones on the Cobalts and 56 seem to be a lot better. Straight to the point rather than talking crap amongst themselves?

(30 Mar 2014, 2:43 pm)aureolin The ones on the Cobalts and 56 seem to be a lot better. Straight to the point rather than talking crap amongst themselves?

Could not have said it better myself Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 2:40 pm)Tom Next stop announcements on the #309 are fantastic, much better than the usual ones.

What do they say?

Angel ones have always said

'The next stop is.... if this is your stop please press the bell and stay seated until the bus has come to a stop'

And the odd 'we're now approaching the Angel/Low Fell/Newcastle/Birtley/Durham' which only seems to work on some buses

(30 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I'm thinking the same thing here, and yes EFE did have Model of it Years Ago which can be seen on the link below, Had mine since it was released so it a bit scratched here and there, but otherwise it's in good condition.

You're night, now answer the bonus.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/10867194204/in/set-72157633142816994

"Next stop, Coast Road, Red Hall Drive."

(30 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm)gtom What do they say?

Angel ones have always said

'The next stop is.... if this is your stop please press the bell and stay seated until the bus has come to a stop'

And the odd 'we're now approaching the Angel/Low Fell/Newcastle/Birtley/Durham' which only seems to work on some buses

A simple ''Next stop ________''. Nothing else.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 3:15 pm)Tom A simple ''Next stop ________''. Nothing else.

One hopes the Angel will change at some point. Quite a few of the Angels (almost all) are a stop behind with the announcements. I sent an email off to GNE with the ones I'd travelled on and got a thank you response.

I remember when GNE withdrew 4769 and a group tried to preserve it. If I had the money, I would preserve the following in full original colours and bells and whistles such as card readers, wayfarers, multicoloured striped seats and for the latter, dotted seats and red ticket machines:

- Coastline 4770 (Currently operating in Teesside).
- Northumbria 412 (Operating in Cardiff)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 3:13 pm)Davey Bowyer "Next stop, Coast Road, Red Hall Drive."

Bonus Answer

Depford in 2009 for Cross Tyne Links Service 9

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm)Davey Bowyer I remember when GNE withdrew 4769 and a group tried to preserve it. If I had the money, I would preserve the following in full original colours and bells and whistles such as card readers, wayfarers, multicoloured striped seats and for the latter, dotted seats and red ticket machines:

- Coastline 4770 (Currently operating in Teesside).
- Northumbria 412 (Operating in Cardiff)

4770 is long gone from Stagecarriage.

(30 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Bonus Answer

Depford in 2009 for Cross Tyne Links Service 9

The Cross Tyne wasn't even operated by Deptford, so I don't think so Tongue