North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 27 Oct 2013

(27 Oct 2013, 10:35 pm)Tom I can assure you it's a lot more than £1.90 - Think it's about £3.

Jesus, it's been a few since I purchased one as I rarely use the Metro

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 27 Oct 2013

(27 Oct 2013, 10:38 pm)Adam Malarkey Jesus, it's been a few since I purchased one as I rarely use the Metro

Yeah, I hate the metro like! I always use a £1.10 Nexus CAT or a Arriva/GNE day ticket Smile

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 27 Oct 2013

(27 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm)Tom Yeah, I hate the metro like! I always use a £1.10 Nexus CAT or a Arriva/GNE day ticket Smile

There zero reason for me to use it unless I was going to North/South Shields from Washington in which it cost me £6.80

Moving on I have came up with a replacement for the M2/M3

3 - Birtley - Portobello - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord – Donwell - Springwell – Springwell Estate – Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

3A – Chester le Street – Picktree Village - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

Both would operate a Combined Every 15 Minutes as it is now

Re: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2013

Been thinking about services around Murton/East Durham...

Re-Introducted 203 Houghton-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park-Cold Heseldon-Easington Village-Peterlee 1ph opens up connections for Houghton to Murton meaning Murtoners have the opportunity for quick connections onto the 4 and would give Murton a quicker connection to Peterlee in alternative to the 202

New 62 Sunderland-Grangetown-Seaham-Fox Cover-Dalton Park-Murton every 30 minutes

Combined with the 61 it would give a combined 10 minute service between Sunderland and Murton and if timed right would give a combined 20 minute service between Seaham and Murton...

A new 62 would take the Anti-Clockwise route around Murton...Woods Terrace-Pit Road-Cornwall Estate-Burnip Road-Webb Avenue-Barnes Road-Wellfield Road-Station Estate and would go back out by interworking with the 61 going back down Station Road and Williams Road. It would open up bus stops currently out of use since the 265 was introduced

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 30 Oct 2013

County Durham/Washington and Sunderland Service Changes

Having looked back through all of our Suggestions that have been made for mainly the Washington Area, I have put these all together to what I think would suite best in the long run.

As you can see there is Numerous New and Improved Links and Services and the Re-Introduction of some Old ones also to give it a nice blend I think, Please feel free to comment any further Suggestions on Improving these Services if you Disagree with what is listed below.

3 - Birtley - Portobello - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord – Donwell - Springwell – Springwell Estate – Leam Lane Estate - Heworth - Every 30 Minutes

3A – Chester le Street – Picktree Village - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord – Donwell – Springwell – Springwell Estate – Leam Lane Estate - Heworth - Every 30 Minutes

4 - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fence Houses - Houghton-le-Spring - Every 10 Minutes

W5 – Washington Galleries – Biddick – Brady Square – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries

W6 – Washington Galleries – Washington Village – Barmston Court – Barmston – Peel Retail Park – Sulgrave – Concord – Blackfell – Oxclose – Washington Galleries

8 - Stanley - Beamish - Pelton - Chester-le-Street - Picktree Village - Rickleton - Harraton - Fatfield - Hastings Hill - Chester Road - Sunderland - Every 30 Minutes

X1 - Houghton-le-Spring - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Springwell Village - Wrekenton - Gateshead - Newcastle - Every 20 Minutes

X2 - Sunderland - Chester Road - Hastings Hill - Waterview Park - Washington Galleries - Wrekenton - Gateshead - Newcastle - Every 30 Minutes

X4 - Easington Lane - Hetton-le-Hole - Houghton-le-Spring - Fence Houses - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Springwell Village - Wrekenton - Gateshead - Newcastle - Every 30 Minutes

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 05 Nov 2013

X35 - Sunderland - Doxford International - Houghton-le-Spring – A19 - Peterlee - Hartlepool
Every 30 Minutes

239 - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton-le-Hole - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington Village - Horden - Blackhall - Peterlee – Wingate – Sedgefield
Every 30 Minutes

Would cut the Journey Time of the X35 by upto 30 Minutes

Resulting in a Journey Time of about an Hour Between Sunderland and Hartlepool

Connects with Extended East Durham Service 239 at Peterlee to Maintain Links between Houghton and Peterlee

Connections to Tyne Tees and Wear Tees Xpress Services X7/X9 at Peterlee for links to Newcastle/Middlesbrough and Sunderland

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Kuyoyo - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm)Adam Malarkey X35 - Sunderland - Doxford International - Houghton-le-Spring – A19 - Peterlee - Hartlepool
Every 30 Minutes

239 - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton-le-Hole - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington Village - Horden - Blackhall - Peterlee – Wingate – Sedgefield
Every 30 Minutes

Would cut the Journey Time of the X35 by upto 30 Minutes

Resulting in a Journey Time of about an Hour Between Sunderland and Hartlepool

Connects with Extended East Durham Service 239 at Peterlee to Maintain Links between Houghton and Peterlee

Connections to Tyne Tees and Wear Tees Xpress Services X7/X9 at Peterlee for links to Newcastle/Middlesbrough and Sunderland

So, you're proposing making the X35 double back on itself (Doxford Park being right next to the A19) and having Go North East take on a currently Evenings and Sunday contract service on commercially and extending it? Sorry, but it wouldn't work.

(05 Nov 2013, 7:30 pm)Kuyoyo So, you're proposing making the X35 double back on itself (Doxford Park being right next to the A19) and having Go North East take on a currently Evenings and Sunday contract service on commercially and extending it? Sorry, but it wouldn't work.

Bugger I have just realised my mistake, it's the A690 next to Houghton and not the A19, So yes it would have to Double Back on itself, so therefore it wouldn't work that way.

So instead of the X35 Serving Houghton, it could as you said join the A19 at Doxford Park and have the 239 as I proposed maintain the link between Houghton and Peterlee.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 05 Nov 2013

(05 Nov 2013, 7:42 pm)Adam Malarkey Bugger I have just realised my mistake, it's the A690 next to Houghton and not the A19, So yes it would have to Double Back on itself, so therefore it wouldn't work that way.

So instead of the X35 Serving Houghton, it could as you said join the A19 at Doxford Park and have the 239 as I proposed maintain the link between Houghton and Peterlee.

read it and thought you must have had it running to Hetton as it is and then onto A19 via Murton

(05 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm)andreos1 read it and thought you must have had it running to Hetton as it is and then onto A19 via Murton

That could also work, Got me Motorways mixed up that was all

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 14 Nov 2013

58 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Every 7/8 Minutes
58X - Cobalt - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peak Times Only

40 Hadrian Park - Battle Hill - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre - Byker - Wallsend - Station Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park

41 Hadrian Park - Battle Hill - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre - Byker -Wallsend - Rosehill - Howdon - Hadrian Park

40/41 - Combined Every 10 Minutes/Every 20 Minutes in Both Directions - 52reg MPD's off the WSS could be utilised on the NTL to cover the PVR Increase

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm)Adam Malarkey 58 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Every 7/8 Minutes
58X - Cobalt - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peak Times Only

Increase

I feel a Citylink split is just about inevitable though I think it'll be more 58 and 58A as opposed to anything more drastic

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm)gtomlinson I feel a Citylink split is just about inevitable though I think it'll be more 58 and 58A as opposed to anything more drastic

I'd agree with this. I've a feeling that the 58 will be Heworth - Newcastle before long. Notice how the branding doesn't contain any points past Newcastle on the side of it? Seems strange to not even include the destination. Wink

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm)aureolin I'd agree with this. I've a feeling that the 58 will be Heworth - Newcastle before long. Notice how the branding doesn't contain any points past Newcastle on the side of it? Seems strange to not even include the destination. Wink

This is so the ten minute frequency between Newcastle and Heworth can be boasted.
The other side of the vehicle contains the Hadrian Park link too.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm)aureolin I'd agree with this. I've a feeling that the 58 will be Heworth - Newcastle before long. Notice how the branding doesn't contain any points past Newcastle on the side of it? Seems strange to not even include the destination. Wink

You can just make out Battle Hill, Hadrian Park on this photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/10859498506/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:26 pm)citaro5284 You can just make out Battle Hill, Hadrian Park on this photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nerbp/10859498506/in/photostream/

Ahh okay thanks Smile the brand does look really smart on those Versas actually.

Just another thought keeping the 58 as I said above, but instead 40/41 Idea why not extend The FAB 57 to Hadrian Park from Newcastle instead.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 14 Nov 2013

(14 Nov 2013, 9:36 pm)Adam Malarkey Just another thought keeping the 58 as I said above, but instead 40/41 Idea why not extend The FAB 57 to Hadrian Park from Newcastle instead.

In that case, would you just not restore the short 58's between Heworth and Newcastle back to Hadrian Park?

(14 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)citaro5284 In that case, would you just not restore the short 58's between Heworth and Newcastle back to Hadrian Park?

Yeah but it would ease the Passenger Numbers and it would Help Improve the Reliability of the 58 more if the 58 was Cut at Newcastle and have the 57 Extended Instead, as the Frequency would be Maintained between Newcastle and Hadrian Park by the 57, This would then allow for a Frequency Increase on the 58 Between Newcastle and Heworth which again would Improve Service Reliability. Plus it could potentially allow for a Vehicle Upgrade on the 57 in the Future, So really it's a Win/Win for Passengers of both the 57/58.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Mark1 - 14 Nov 2013

As much as curtailing the 58 at Newcastle makes sense with a possible frequency increase between Heworth and Newcastle I would imagine the Hadrian Park to Newcastle would possibly be reduced. From what I've seen on this forum it seems that numbers are not great on this section.

What I would do is revert the 40 back to Wallsend - Station Road - Hadrian Park only (every 10mins) and have the 41 as Wallsend - Howdon - Hadrian Park - Newcastle (every 30mins).

If there are reliability problems on the 58 with the Hadrian Park section then wouldn't extending the 57 to Hadrian Park just transfer these problems onto there.