North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - stueybish - 24 Jun 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 9:17 pm)Marcus Does Crook have it's own manager stationed there?

Crook has a duty supervisor.....*ahem* Smile

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 24 Jun 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 9:28 pm)RGR756V Crook has a duty supervisor.....*ahem* Smile

Based in Bishop Bus Stn?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - stueybish - 25 Jun 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 9:32 pm)Marcus Based in Bishop Bus Stn?

Start at Crook to supervise the run-out of buses then actually do a few hours driving on the 18 before returning to Crook to undertake office-based duties

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 6:24 am)RGR756V Start at Crook to supervise the run-out of buses then actually do a few hours driving on the 18 before returning to Crook to undertake office-based duties

I see - I was told by Pat Armstrong that the 18 isn't nice to drive. What would you say?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 28 Jun 2014

Do you guys think that there will be any double deck orders this year? I don't think so myself and I don't think there will be for a while unless GNE order the MMC or Volvo have an 8 litre option.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 12:11 pm)DaveyBowyer Do you guys think that there will be any double deck orders this year? I don't think so myself and I don't think there will be for a while unless GNE order the MMC or Volvo have an 8 litre option.

There is only the Laser, Prince Bishops and Pronto which are Viable for Double Deckers in my Opinion, I do think the Laser will get an Upgrade This Year, which would allow the Citaros to go onto the 20 and the Solars off Both Routes going into Corporate Livery, As for the Pronto it will get Deckers, it a case of what Vehicle Type it'll get and I doubt it'll be the B5TL.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey There is only the Laser, Prince Bishops and Pronto which are Viable for Double Deckers in my Opinion, I do think the Laser will get an Upgrade This Year, which would allow the Citaros to go onto the 20 and the Solars off Both Routes going into Corporate Livery, As for the Pronto it will get Deckers, it a case of what Vehicle Type it'll get and I doubt it'll be the B5TL.

I think that was the idea anyway if the Laser got new buses but as we all say... things can change.

I agree with you on the X21, Don't think it will get the B5TL.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 07 Jul 2014

Anymore info on the orders this year?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 25 Jul 2014

If Citaros were ordered for the Lime, would they be the same spec as the B9TLs?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:21 pm)Tom If Citaros were ordered for the Lime, would they be the same spec as the B9TLs?

I would imagine GNE will get everything the same for the lime as the FAB 56 etc

Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm)Michael I would imagine GNE will get everything the same for the lime as the FAB 56 etc
I'm not sure on that one. The power sockets have never been fitted to Mercs before - it seems to be a very Wrights-orientated feature.

Will definitely have Wi-Fi.

(25 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm)Dan I'm not sure on that one. The power sockets have never been fitted to Mercs before - it seems to be a very Wrights-orientated feature.

Will definitely have Wi-Fi.

That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

GNE might go for a Volvo single decker instead of a citaro

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm)Michael That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

That's a good idea - Id like to see that.
Is the 8/78 busy from Sunderland? they always seem quite quiet to me.

Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm)Tom That's a good idea - Id like to see that.
We're still yet to see a Volvo B8RLE hit the market... No chance of getting one of those; it'll either be a Versa or a Merc, and logic dictates only one of those is suitable.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Adrian - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm)Michael That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

Maybe it'd work just listing the key stops? I personally think the ones on the 4 are too much and start to get irritating.

I was on the 8/78 yesterday and both were quite busy, was at about 9:25am and 3:30pm

(25 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm)Dan We're still yet to see a Volvo B8RLE hit the market... No chance of getting one of those; it'll either be a Versa or a Merc, and logic dictates only one of those is suitable.

I like the merc's, not sure i would want the Lime brand to be retained.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Adrian - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm)Michael I like the merc's, not sure i would want the Lime brand to be retained.

Really? I think the lime branding would look rather smart on a Citaro...

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 25 Jul 2014

I use the Limes practically everyday - so I'll just give you my opinion. (warning - very long)

So, on an early morning, naturally each service from Sunderland, and Stanley and Consett is taken up with commuters.

In the late morning with the 78, when folk are going out to the shops etc, it's a bit like Service 71 coming in from Houghton, that service picks up in Houghton and people get off to shop in Fencehouses, while most on the way to Chester get on in Lumley, to shop in Chester. For me, it seems like people get on in Sunderland, and along the way, to Shiney Row, to do their shopping there. Most people coming in to Chester on the 78 catch it from Shiney, Bournmoor, Woodstone and Lumley.

As for the 8, coming in from Sunderland, most people, when it gets to Chester, get off in Chester, and very few carry on in the direction of Stanley, unless they've come from there and gone to the Galleries (or something).

(25 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm)aureolin Really? I think the lime branding would look rather smart on a Citaro...

i have a feeling it will be dropped because its being the same name since it was launched in 2007.

When was the last "big" changes to the Lime?