North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:11 pm)Dan Hahah! I'd love that, but I reckon they'd be a bit more irritating than owt that's used at the moment... Tongue

Well this is the thing. Anything other than straight to the point (iBus style) is irritating to most. At least people would find it amusing with those two. Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm)aureolin It was originally said that they were chosen because they're "well known" voices from the region (nowt to do with the advertising of course). Funny, because I'd say a well known voice from the region would be someone like Tim Healy, Jimmy Nail, Alan Shearer, etc.

Still think my suggestion of Holly and Charlotte off Geordie Shore would have went down well with the younguns.

Tim Healy would have been EPIC - ''We are now approaching Solana Newcastle''. I pity Chester's Unit 1 drivers who have to do 21's all day listening to those daft voices. I think Steve does the ones over at Newcastle, and on the way to Chester the two of them mix then towards Durham Karen takes over. Those drivers will be glad whenever they get a run on the X25 or 71, just out of interest, and as technology is one of my worst enemies, can the drivers actually manually turn the announcements off?

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm)Marcus can the drivers actually manually turn the announcements off?

No

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm)aureolin It was originally said that they were chosen because they're "well known" voices from the region (nowt to do with the advertising of course). Funny, because I'd say a well known voice from the region would be someone like Tim Healy, Jimmy Nail, Alan Shearer, etc.

Still think my suggestion of Holly and Charlotte off Geordie Shore would have went down well with the younguns.

Didn't Tim Healy and other local celebs do the Metro 'stand clear of the doors please' announcements 15/20 years ago?

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 31 Mar 2014

5292 appears to have broken down in Stanley, on the side of the road with hazards on.

(31 Mar 2014, 5:17 pm)citaro5284 No

And there goes my future career as a bus driver.... Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm)Marcus Tim Healy would have been EPIC - ''We are now approaching Solana Newcastle''. I pity Chester's Unit 1 drivers who have to do 21's all day listening to those daft voices. I think Steve does the ones over at Newcastle, and on the way to Chester the two of them mix then towards Durham Karen takes over. Those drivers will be glad whenever they get a run on the X25 or 71, just out of interest, and as technology is one of my worst enemies, can the drivers actually manually turn the announcements off?

Being a unit 1 driver, those announcements tend to blend in with the background noise nowadays, however having 3962 or 3965 and a turn on the 71 or X25 is a joy. I think its 6059 that has the really loud announcements, not good at 4.37am!!

(31 Mar 2014, 6:39 pm)nk55 Being a unit 1 driver, those announcements tend to blend in with the background noise nowadays, however having 3962 or 3965 and a turn on the 71 or X25 is a joy. I think its 6059 that has the really loud announcements, not good at 4.37am!!

For me it's always been 6060. I get the 8:10 (Duty 120) from Chester Black Horse (you know that one that they sometimes care about and occasionally don't operate) every day, and it used to be 3965 and 3962 day in day out although at the minute we get Presidents and the Hybrids. Being half asleep when you sit down on the bus and the announcements blaring at you really does get frustrating.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 31 Mar 2014

I don't mind the 'Angel' announcements, apart from the fact that the phrase "If this is your stop, please press the bell once and remain seated until the bus stops" is added on to every stop.

For me it's always been 6060. I get the 8:10 (Duty 120) from Chester Black Horse (you know that one that they sometimes care about and occasionally don't operate) every day, and it used to be 3965 and 3962 day in day out although at the minute we get Presidents and the Hybrids. Being half asleep when you sit down on the bus and the announcements blaring at you really does get frustrating.
[/quote]

Duty 120 must be a 4 day week shift or the 5 day week lifers do, its not 1 that we do.

(31 Mar 2014, 6:56 pm)BJ10VUS I don't mind the 'Angel' announcements, apart from the fact that the phrase "If this is your stop, please press the bell once and remain seated until the bus stops" is added on to every stop.

My thought on that tag line is if anybody falls when the bus is stopping then they've been advised to remain seated.

(31 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)nk55 My thought on that tag line is if anybody falls when the bus is stopping then they've been advised to remain seated.

Some drivers just carry on if the bells rings and nobody gets up...

(31 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm)nk55 For me it's always been 6060. I get the 8:10 (Duty 120) from Chester Black Horse (you know that one that they sometimes care about and occasionally don't operate) every day, and it used to be 3965 and 3962 day in day out although at the minute we get Presidents and the Hybrids. Being half asleep when you sit down on the bus and the announcements blaring at you really does get frustrating.

Duty 120 must be a 4 day week shift or the 5 day week lifers do, its not 1 that we do.
[/quote]

Well I've noticed the driver we get on a Monday we also get on a Wednesday and the driver we get on a Tuesday also does it on a Thursday, is that a coincidence?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 6:56 pm)BJ10VUS I don't mind the 'Angel' announcements, apart from the fact that the phrase "If this is your stop, please press the bell once and remain seated until the bus stops" is added on to every stop.

Thats the worst bit. Due to the short space between stops on the route in Birtley and Low Fell in particular it can end up overlapping.

The volume seems to vary bus by bus. I tend to sit up front at the top and you can barely hear them. Sitting on the first raised bit on the lower deck is a deafening experience

(31 Mar 2014, 7:09 pm)Marcus Duty 120 must be a 4 day week shift or the 5 day week lifers do, its not 1 that we do.

Well I've noticed the driver we get on a Monday we also get on a Wednesday and the driver we get on a Tuesday also does it on a Thursday, is that a coincidence?
[/quote]

Sounds like the 4 day rota, do u ever get a woman driver?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 31 Mar 2014

I remember before xmas that I had a driver on the Wednesday on the 0607 Blyth to Newcastle 309 from my stop somewhere on the route then the following day, I had the same driver on the 12:18 19 from the Royal Quays.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2014

On VOSA today.

PB0002400/455 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester-Le-Street Waldridge park and Chester-Le-Street Waldridge park given service number 34,34A effective from 11-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Go North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 7:24 pm)nk55 do u ever get a woman driver?
There are several female drivers running the GNE buses from Hexham.

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan The VOSA registration is the key hint at the moment.

I believe if services can receive fares, they have to be registered - I doubt you'll find a hospital shuttle whereby passengers have to pay to get on it...

My guess is the shuttle that will cover Finchale Road in Hebburn during a period of roadworks as an MPD looks to be the correct size and fares will need to be taken for customers making a journey along the length of Finchale Road.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 8:13 pm)GuyParkRoyal My guess is the shuttle that will cover Finchale Road in Hebburn during a period of roadworks as an MPD looks to be the correct size and fares will need to be taken for customers making a journey along the length of Finchale Road.

As the shuttle bus doesn't appear to have been organised BY Go North East and instead by a local community group in Hebburn working with Go North East, I'd have assumed that this shuttle bus would be free to use.

As originally posted by Liam:
https://m.facebook.com/hebburnandmidtyne.co.uk/posts/671732259534753

How far in advance do VOSA registrations have to be submitted? Think it is around 50 days, isn't it? If so, they'll have to be submitting that registration fairly promptly if it is going to be taking fares.