North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Jimmi - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm)Tom The X21 should stop at all stops between Framwellgate Moor and Bishop Auckland. 
I know but it should stop at one of the Millburngate stops but I am not sure which stop, I waited at the one which the 15, 43/44 etc. stop at.

Someone has made an error somewhere. I think DCC have put the X21 timetable on the wrong stop which I think is the reason this happened as it seems a bit silly that it wouldn't leave from the same stop as the 6.

Does anybody think I should make a complaint and who should I complain to?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 2:27 pm)Jimmi I know but it should stop at one of the Millburngate stops but I am not sure which stop, I waited at the one which the 15, 43/44 etc. stop at.

Someone has made an error somewhere. I think DCC have put the X21 timetable on the wrong stop which I think is the reason this happened as it seems a bit silly that it wouldn't leave from the same stop as the 6.

Does anybody think I should make a complaint and who should I complain to?

Query which stop with GNE Cust. Services. If it is the one you waited at, escalate the complaint from there. If it wasn't, forward it to DCC and ask them to sort it.

(21 Jun 2015, 2:31 pm)Dan Query which stop with GNE Cust. Services. If it is the one you waited at, escalate the complaint from there. If it wasn't, forward it to DCC and ask them to sort it.

Right OK.

Think DCC have the timetable on the wrong stop as I think the X21 came up on the screen for the same stop as the 6 last night but wasn't on either this afternoon hence why I went to the stop with the X21 on the paper timetable.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Adrian - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 2:35 pm)Jimmi Right OK.

Think DCC have the timetable on the wrong stop as I think the X21 came up on the screen for the same stop as the 6 last night but wasn't on either this afternoon hence why I went to the stop with the X21 on the paper timetable.

The X21 and N21 stop at the middle stand (B). 

(21 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm)aureolin The X21 and N21 stop at the middle stand (B). 

The middle stand has the X21 timetable on it and Google Maps also says it is on the middle stand although I don't totally trust Google Maps for stands as they have caused me problems trying to find places before.

I have no idea what is right and what is wrong anymore.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm)citaro5284 Yup

Service #21 Are subjected to delays due to Roadworks in the Birtley Area

Saw a canny few waylaid.

One driven by an engineer on A1, heading southbound at services.
Passing a NIS one, heading north at same time.

Four were heading north between the Gateshead Highway and Aletaster, one in Birtley and two in Chester. One was blinded up for Gateshead - during a short trip out.

The lights/works in Birtley had been packed away when I drove through - despite seeing the 21's packed together just moments earlier.

(20 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm)Acky81 8267 is back from the paintshop

[Image: 18841805049_70c19df02b.jpg]Go North East: 8267 / NK54NKT by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - citaro5284 - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm)Andreos1 Saw a canny few waylaid.

Four were heading north between the Gateshead Highway and Aletaster, one in Birtley and two in Chester. One was blinded up for Gateshead - during a short trip out.

The lights/works in Birtley had been packed away when I drove through - despite seeing the 21's packed together just moments earlier.

Aye, you cannot just get buses back on time at a drop of a hat either.  Drivers delayed earlier will still need a meal break, only so many spare drivers available and once they out on service, not a lot you can do.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm)citaro5284 Aye, you cannot just get buses back on time at a drop of a hat either.  Drivers delayed earlier will still need a meal break, only so many spare drivers available and once they out on service, not a lot you can do.

Totally appreciate that.

But rather than run a stack of services together on a Sunday - most carrying fresh air and one or two bodies, I am sure there can be a bit more regulation, just like the NIS one I saw on the motorway (that could have been dropped in at the angel) or the one blinded up for Gateshead.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - nk55 - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm)citaro5284 Aye, you cannot just get buses back on time at a drop of a hat either.  Drivers delayed earlier will still need a meal break, only so many spare drivers available and once they out on service, not a lot you can do.

Sadly general public DONT understand the fact that delays happen and it takes time to get buses/drivers back where they should be. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm)Andreos1 Saw a canny few waylaid.

Was 6062 which I had on the 21 from Durham to Gateshead, it then sat and waited time on the Layover next to where the X66 Stops for 5 - 10 Minutes, Passengers on 6062 transferred onto the 21 which was in front of us coming into Gateshead.

(21 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm)nk55 Sadly general public DONT understand the fact that delays happen and it takes time to get buses/drivers back where they should be.

Totally agree.

Imagine making those vehicles and drivers even later, by keeping them in service.
Sure the general public will find that even harder to understand Wink

You know how quiet Chester, Birtley and Low Fell get on a Sunday afternoon.
Maybe a few regulars at the 'main stops', going to/from work or home from the pub in addition to a few others too. 4 buses in 10mins through Low Fell, carrying a few bodies, stopping at lights and seeing another approaching from behind, that over takes a mile or two down the road when the first one picks up a passenger. All of a sudden, the third late bus is bearing down carrying nowt...

Whilst in the opposite direction, people are waiting and waiting for a bus that hasn't even hit Gateshead yet.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - pdiddy - 21 Jun 2015

For all drivers spotters out there....

Which do you think is best ...

A Wright streetdecker or a E400MMC and why!!!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 21 Jun 2015

When GNE receive more Omnidekkas from Brighton later this year, how many will they gain?

(21 Jun 2015, 7:24 am)danpick It will be today.

Tomorrow.

It's been one thing after another tonight, so I'm going to bed early before anything else goes wrong!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm)Dan Tomorrow.

It's been one thing after another tonight, so I'm going to bed early before anything else goes wrong!

But Bazza can't wait that long!  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - DanPicken - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm)Dan Tomorrow.

Same for me as I'm very tired but luckily I got some sleep on the 21.

(21 Jun 2015, 7:49 pm)Michael But Bazza can't wait that long! 

Dan late to do the news again.

#NEBproblems
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 7:50 pm)danpick Same for me as I'm very tired but luckily I got some sleep on the 21.

Good job you weren't on the same bus as Andreos (not like he even got a bus). You could have been the subject of a sleepy commuter!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - mb134 - 21 Jun 2015

(21 Jun 2015, 7:51 pm)Dan Dan late to do the news again.

#NEBproblems
#hashtagsonNEB

Absolute disgrace Dan, go and have a good long think about what you've done Wink