North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - JakeSavage - 16 Jan 2014

Aha! Thanks.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)JakeSavage Aha! Thanks.

Your Welcome, not sure when they will be branded.

Although i would say i have a feeling the brand will be like the Coaster/Drifter.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 16 Jan 2014

Is the 29 Terminating at heworth r boldon cineworld

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm)speedwheels22 Is the 29 Terminating at heworth r boldon cineworld

By the timetable its Boldon Cineworld, which is good, gives better access

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 16 Jan 2014

More Olympians to feature the new NOT IN SERVICE display:
Also, is it just me or have the 'Diamond' dests change? I noticed that the number is in a Orange box like the Angel etc. Last time I took notice was when the Number looked fancy. I haven't a clue however, how long they have been like this.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael By the timetable its Boldon Cineworld, which is good, gives better access

Yes, Boldon Cineworld. However, by the timetable, some evening journeys will operate as service 29 from Doxford International to Heworth via Sunderland City Centre.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan [Image: 1484008_10153714359155710_2555610_o.jpg]

Good to see longer promotion hours - the extension to 1730 is great for catching the commuters.

& there's one on Saturday too, but don't want to spoil the surprise on the location for that one................

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm)busman101 & there's one on Saturday too, but don't want to spoil the surprise on the location for that one................

How enticing! Wink

Hope it works well and you catch more folk. Best have our fingers crossed that the rain stays off too!

Do you know what's on offer with the scratch cards?

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm)Dan How enticing! Wink

Hope it works well and you catch more folk. Best have our fingers crossed that the rain stays off too!

Probably a free double decker bar Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm)Dan How enticing! Wink

Scratchcard prizes are a free return on the Fab 56, a free week ticket (which ends up being a red & purple zone ticket) or bugger all ! If your lucky, you get a Double Decker as well as its a bit of while stocks last situation - but we've got 750 for the 3 days & 3,000 scratchcards.

I hope it works too, but there's been some really good feedback so far from customers and the promotion folk who've been out and about this week.

Go northeast are always changing routes lost count how many times theve changed the 9 around

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm)speedwheels22 Go northeast are always changing routes lost count how many times theve changed the 9 around

look at how many brands they have had "Cross Tyne", "Showstopper", "The Nine" "Northern" red spares and the The Centurion when that is supposed to be on 17/17A

Why don't go northeast make a brand called cross tyne 9 bringing back the original name but adding the 9 on but use a diffrent Colour but what buses will they be using will deptford be running the short 9s to jarrow

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm)speedwheels22 Why don't go northeast make a brand called cross tyne 9 bringing back the original name but adding the 9 on but use a diffrent Colour but what buses will they be using will deptford be running the short 9s to jarrow

I don't think it's currently planned for the 9 to branded, too many repaints etc currently. I think we've now assumed Percy main will be operating them but not sure as I think (without looking) the timetable means that buses on short runs stay on shorts all day so it's unclear where changes will occur. Unless maybe 3 omnicity move to Deptford and they do operate them?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 10:59 pm)CatsFast101 I don't think it's currently planned for the 9 to branded, too many repaints etc currently. I think we've now assumed Percy main will be operating them but not sure as I think (without looking) the timetable means that buses on short runs stay on shorts all day so it's unclear where changes will occur. Unless maybe 3 omnicity move to Deptford and they do operate them?

How can Deptford take on 3 OmniCitys when those being displaced from Cobalt Clipper all already have allocated home. Pure and simply, the short 9s will likely be Solar-worked.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm)Kuyoyo How can Deptford take on 3 OmniCitys when those being displaced from Cobalt Clipper all already have allocated home. Pure and simply, the short 9s will likely be Solar-worked.

But have they? Apart from the Whey Aye 5-0 we don't really know where the others are heading, X30/X31 was mentioned a while back but it's gone quiet on that front and many have speculated they maybe kept for the 9.
Also, how many Solars do you think Deptford have?! Remember these 14 Solars are replacing at least 11 SPD's (Renowns, Vykings may also be leaving Deptford) 7 are required for 29's, 5 are to be branded for X35/X36; only leaves 2 Solars and these will be required for spares to fill in on 20's/2A/2C/60's etc.

26 been changed loads of times only time they destroyed the route was when it gt diverted to jarrow should of left that bus route Alone when it went to heworth the brand was brilliant 2

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm)CatsFast101 But have they? Apart from the Whey Aye 5-0 we don't really know where the others are heading, X30/X31 was mentioned a while back but it's gone quiet on that front and many have speculated they maybe kept for the 9.
Also, how many Solars do you think Deptford have?! Remember these 14 Solars are replacing at least 11 SPD's (Renowns, Vykings may also be leaving Deptford) 7 are required for 29's, 5 are to be branded for X35/X36; only leaves 2 Solars and these will be required for spares to fill in on 20's/2A/2C/60's etc.

Seen a photo today of a Omnicity on the Coaster which has been painted red instead of blue.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 11:18 pm)Ely1992 Seen a photo today of a Omnicity on the Coaster which has been painted red instead of blue.

Red ones going to Stanley for X30/X31

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 16 Jan 2014

(16 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm)Kuyoyo Red ones going to Stanley for X30/X31

So my journey to work from Lanchester is now going back to the buses I used to get!

This makes me slightly happy.