North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 16 Sep 2014

(15 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm)Michael Not sure if this has being ask this and i cba to go back and look...

Will they allow bikes on the new Lime buses?

Ive only ever seen one person with a bike on not sure what the numbers are like on it.

I dont know but i doubt they will. I wouldnt be happy to pay money having buses installed with bike belts (im just gonna call them that) and find that only a few journeys (and i mean a few) actually get bikes on them.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 16 Sep 2014

The reason that I'm also glad about Scania's offering is that hopefully, GNE could take on Arriva in SE Northumberland with the right vehicles (via cascaded buses in the fleet such as Citaro's and B9TL's). I know they're settling down now after the Bargain Bus saga. Regularly check ANE / GNE on FB and another complaint was there about the X20. That could be potential competition for GNE particularly with the likes of the TEN, Angel, Cobalt Clipper (If missed 19 or on evenings or Sundays), Toon Link, Red Arrows and TTX being able to feed passengers with connections to places such as Cobalt, Metrocentre, Newcastle Business Park, Tyne Valley, Washington, Ministry buildings in Washington and Sunderland, Durham, Chester Le Street, Peterlee, Teesside. What do Arriva offer in Newcastle with the exception of Quorum and a peak time only service to Cobalt? I know this might not be directly relevant but buses like the Scania E400 would allow good quality resources to be freed up to provide competition.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 07 Oct 2014

Shouldn't be long before GNE put their orders in

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 07 Oct 2014

Do you guys think that GNE will migrate from Wrights to ADL for double deckers? I think if the 9l Scania MMC proves to be reliable, then an order for the Red Arrows could be on the cards.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - nk55 - 08 Oct 2014

No, i think gne will stay clear of adl products due to the link with stagecoach. If any deckers are ordered i think it'll more likely be B5s with wright bodies. Also going off what the lime trial (drivers point of view), the limes are most likely to get streetlites.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:11 pm)nk55 No, i think gne will stay clear of adl products due to the link with stagecoach. If any deckers are ordered i think it'll more likely be B5s with wright bodies. Also going off what the lime trial (drivers point of view), the limes are most likely to get streetlites.

Wouldnt mind streetlites on the lime, i would see them being replaced after a few years... due to the demand of the route... dont think they would last 5 years

2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 08 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 9:57 pm)DaveyBowyer Do you guys think that GNE will migrate from Wrights to ADL for double deckers? I think if the 9l Scania MMC proves to be reliable, then an order for the Red Arrows could be on the cards.

I reckon GNE have built a sturdy relationship with Wrights over the years.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Kuyoyo - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:11 pm)nk55 No, i think gne will stay clear of adl products due to the link with stagecoach. If any deckers are ordered i think it'll more likely be B5s with wright bodies. Also going off what the lime trial (drivers point of view), the limes are most likely to get streetlites.

Funny - as all the other Go Ahead Group operations have gone to ADL for their latest deckers - Oxford getting the very first production E400MMCs.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm)Kuyoyo Funny - as all the other Go Ahead Group operations have gone to ADL for their latest deckers - Oxford getting the very first production E400MMCs.

Would be good to see some ADL's in GNE's fleet.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:28 pm)Marcus I reckon GNE have built a sturdy relationship with Wrights over the years.

Without a doubt! Suppose it does come down to which bus they feel is the most reliable. the B5 or Alexander Dennis' offerings

(08 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm)Robert Without a doubt! Suppose it does come down to which bus they feel is the most reliable. the B5 or Alexander Dennis' offerings

Exactly. I know each individual bus costs god knows how much, but if GNE have been using Wrights as their main source of new vehicles for many years now, I reckon they must be on some sort of 'Buy 50 get 10 free' term. Tongue

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:42 pm)Marcus Exactly. I know each individual bus costs god knows how much, but if GNE have been using Wrights as their main source of new vehicles for many years now, I reckon they must be on some sort of 'Buy 50 get 10 free' term. Tongue

It's the same thing with Stagecoach regarding Alexander Dennis.
I don't think B5's would be suitable at all for certain routes, so E400's may be a good option.

Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm)Kuyoyo Funny - as all the other Go Ahead Group operations have gone to ADL for their latest deckers - Oxford getting the very first production E400MMCs.
Doesn't really matter what the rest of the Go-Ahead Group are doing - Go North East is its own company at the end of the day and local management will make a decision based on what they feel is the most appropriate.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Kuyoyo - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:43 pm)Tom It's the same thing with Stagecoach regarding Alexander Dennis.
I don't think B5's would be suitable at all for certain routes, so E400's may be a good option.

BIB: Slight different regarding Stagecoach and ADL - Sir Brian Souter was one of the business men who saved what is now ADL from the Transbus collapse and remains a minor shareholder in the company, hence they'll get a significance discount (looks at Stagecoach on Teesside - around £3million for 25 E300s, that about £120k per vehicle).

(08 Oct 2014, 8:43 pm)Tom It's the same thing with Stagecoach regarding Alexander Dennis.

I found it easy to tell on my first ride of a B5 on the 21 (it was that Brighton & Hove demonstrator, could have been a B9 though) that they wouldn't be ideal. Fair enough it's a stop start route, but going backwards and forwards day in day out, pretty much every day of the year, bar a few at Christmas and the odd Sunday, I could just tell they weren't right for the route.....

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Tom - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:48 pm)Marcus I found it easy to tell on my first ride of a B5 on the 21 (it was that Brighton & Hove demonstrator, could have been a B9 though) that they wouldn't be ideal. Fair enough it's a stop start route, but going backwards and forwards day in day out, pretty much every day of the year, bar a few at Christmas and the odd Sunday, I could just tell they weren't right for the route.....

I hate them! They are horrible. Despite them being quite reliable, they are so powerless and horrible. They are the same on the 308.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 8:48 pm)Marcus I found it easy to tell on my first ride of a B5 on the 21 (it was that Brighton & Hove demonstrator, could have been a B9 though) that they wouldn't be ideal. Fair enough it's a stop start route, but going backwards and forwards day in day out, pretty much every day of the year, bar a few at Christmas and the odd Sunday, I could just tell they weren't right for the route.....
It was a B5 like the currect examples on the 21.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 09 Oct 2014

I think Volvo are pretty reliable but if they went for the E400 MMC, it could be done like this:

- ADL / Cummins Chassis and engine for routes where power isn't heavily depended upon and fuel economy is a bonus: 21,, 310, 27?, 35?, 20?

- Scania chassis and engine for routes where power is needed: X9, X10, TEN, X1, 309, X21

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 09 Oct 2014

(09 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm)DaveyBowyer I think Volvo are pretty reliable but if they went for the E400 MMC, it could be done like this:

- ADL / Cummins Chassis and engine for routes where power isn't heavily depended upon and fuel economy is a bonus: 21,, 310, 27?, 35?, 20?

- Scania chassis and engine for routes where power is needed: X9, X10, TEN, X1, 309, X21

You have said many many many times

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 09 Oct 2014

I know I have and it might sound daft but, ADL buses could fit well into GNE's fleet:

- E200 taking the role of Streetlites and Versas.
- E300 taking the role of the lightweight full size single deck. Would be ideal for likes of Toonlink and Centrelink
- Scania E300 taking the role of routes such as the Lime and WTX.
- E400 taking the role of routes such as the Angel.
- Scania E400 taking the role of the big six (3 brands) monster routes that the Cummins would struggle with and perhaps an upgrade for the Pronto.