North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 28 Oct 2013

(28 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm)aureolin I like the Drifter branding. It would make sense for the next 50 branding to also follow that scheme.

I would like the Omnicities to carry the Branding as it on the Solars, no need to change it really, As for the Drifter branding it looks Smart, still not a fan of the Black Lettering though

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 28 Oct 2013

l noticed one of the simplicity versa's today without its branding on, just plain purple, didn't catch fleet number as I was on the bus on other side of sunderland interchange.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 28 Oct 2013

I'm gonna miss the Volvo Olympian Paletine 2 these vehicles were power horses and beasts they very rarely broke down i was 8 years old when these were new in 1998 now am 23 it is gonna be a sad loss to see them go these were a thrill to ride my favorite is 3827 when these were originally allocated to the then South Shields depot i used to get them on 527 and 532 and they did a good job and replaced some power horses previously used on that route which was my favorite at the time Leyland Olympains then the Volvo Olympian Paletine 2 became my favourite deckers despite being high floor they still are the best even after withdrawal so sad there going but what there gonna replace them with more London castoffs they will never be good as the olympians

RE: Go North East - Latest - thetravelman - 28 Oct 2013

Hi everyone, just an observation I've noticed... the new TynedaleXpress X85, 7.00am ish service to Newcastle thru Heddon on the wall, seems to have quite low passenger numbers, I noted this on several occasions now and wonder how long it will run before being pulled from service. Today there were only 2 passengers onboard, Friday there were only 3 passenger', id of expected that time in morning to be more onboard. Ive even passed this service several times over past few weeks on A69 heading towards Hexham again with only a 3 or 4 passengers onboard. I hope this service is not just a white elephant as I think its a great service for the north side of tyne. I think these buses look really smart in the orange.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 28 Oct 2013

(28 Oct 2013, 9:24 pm)thetravelman Hi everyone, just an observation I've noticed... the new TynedaleXpress X85, 7.00am ish service to Newcastle thru Heddon on the wall, seems to have quite low passenger numbers, I noted this on several occasions now and wonder how long it will run before being pulled from service. Today there were only 2 passengers onboard, Friday there were only 3 passenger', id of expected that time in morning to be more onboard. Ive even passed this service several times over past few weeks on A69 heading towards Hexham again with only a 3 or 4 passengers onboard. I hope this service is not just a white elephant as I think its a great service for the north side of tyne. I think these buses look really smart in the orange.

Bus services are generally quiet in the early morning! - I'd guess it would be busier heading into Newcastle later in the day. These services have been busy when I've saw them, during the day Smile

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 28 Oct 2013

7110 was seen in service today on the last northbound 380, arriving into Middlesbrough at 1920.

RE: Go North East - Latest - VolvoMarkII - 28 Oct 2013

(28 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm)Tom Bus services are generally quiet in the early morning! - I'd guess it would be busier heading into Newcastle later in the day. These services have been busy when I've saw them, during the day Smile

That is absolute tosh.

A bus service arriving into Newcastle for just before 8am should be carrying a decent load.

Its obvious this service is another service that will be pruned in the near future. Carrying small pockets of cash fares and loads of OAP's leads to a service that just will not pay for itself.

The OK1 died with this, the X7 is prooving it again (due to be cut back also). This X84/X85 is another.

Will be interesting to see how brand loyalty lies when the Arriva revisions to the 685 kick in.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 28 Oct 2013

(28 Oct 2013, 9:24 pm)thetravelman Hi everyone, just an observation I've noticed... the new TynedaleXpress X85, 7.00am ish service to Newcastle thru Heddon on the wall, seems to have quite low passenger numbers, I noted this on several occasions now and wonder how long it will run before being pulled from service. Today there were only 2 passengers onboard, Friday there were only 3 passenger', id of expected that time in morning to be more onboard. Ive even passed this service several times over past few weeks on A69 heading towards Hexham again with only a 3 or 4 passengers onboard. I hope this service is not just a white elephant as I think its a great service for the north side of tyne. I think these buses look really smart in the orange.

The proof will be in the pudding when comparing it to loadings on the closest 685.

Even the 71 has a greater load at that time of the morning!

RE: Go North East - Latest - thetravelman - 28 Oct 2013

I'd agree that a bus arriving into Newcastle shortly before 8 am should have a decent passenger number. From what I've seen its mainly X85 that has the lowest passenger numbers whereas the X84 seems better, however the x84 is mainy taken from an already established route of which is renumbered, also x84 stops at Walbottle, Throckley, Heddon, Wylam, Ovingham and Ovington, aswell as Hexham and Corbridge where there is the potential of more passengers, compared to x85 only stopping at Horsley(very quiet) and Heddon, I realise this is probably to attract more people in both Hexham and Corbridge to use a more direct faster service into Newcastle.

I think I also noticed the other day an Arriva X85, didn't realise this still ran, I know it was only couple of times a day for commuters and I think this runs direct from Hexham to Corbridge then straight to Newcastle via A69 missing out other stops enroute.

also it was mentioned above about the revamp of Arriva 685.... whats the plan of action with this service? ? Id love to hear more.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 29 Oct 2013

From a comment on GNE FB page, someone has said that the buses on the 35 could be getting its buses mixed around

Does anyone know anything about/ this just it seems unlikely

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 29 Oct 2013

(29 Oct 2013, 8:54 am)Michael From a comment on GNE FB page, someone has said that the buses on the 35 could be getting its buses mixed around

Does anyone know anything about/ this just it seems unlikely

Can't see the 35 getting anything new. It's certainly not getting of the 100 (or 102 rather) new buses bought as we know where they are going. The only thing I can think of is rumours of the Ciatro's (From cobalt clipper) displacing the Solars on there to make it fully Citaro, however we now are lead to believe the they will going to Pronto X21. However things can change.

(29 Oct 2013, 9:03 am)CatsFast101 Can't see the 35 getting anything new. It's certainly not getting of the 100 (or 102 rather) new buses bought as we know where they are going. The only thing I can think of is rumours of the Ciatro's (From cobalt clipper) displacing the Solars on there to make it fully Citaro, however we now are lead to believe the they will going to Pronto X21. However things can change.

Same, it's not planned for anything new/newish.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 29 Oct 2013

3873 is currently on loan to Percy Main.

RE: Go North East - Latest - legend - 29 Oct 2013

'Purple' 8306 on 'Drifter' #60: destination blind thinks it is at a raive.

(29 Oct 2013, 12:14 pm)the pilot 'Purple' 8306 on 'Drifter' #60: destination blind thinks it is at a raive.

8306/8309 have had dodgy blinds for a while now, not much seems to be getting done to fix it.

PB0003954/399 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blaydon West JMI School and Winlaton Bus Station given service number 857 effective from 28-Oct-2013.

Does any have a list or know which services where operated for Boxing Day last year. The redesign of Simplygo.com has removed last years timetables!

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 29 Oct 2013

(28 Oct 2013, 9:48 pm)VolvoMarkII That is absolute tosh.

A bus service arriving into Newcastle for just before 8am should be carrying a decent load.

Its obvious this service is another service that will be pruned in the near future. Carrying small pockets of cash fares and loads of OAP's leads to a service that just will not pay for itself.

The OK1 died with this, the X7 is prooving it again (due to be cut back also). This X84/X85 is another.

Will be interesting to see how brand loyalty lies when the Arriva revisions to the 685 kick in.

The X7 has good numbers on them, doing good, im on the X7 twice a day (early morning and at early evening)and its been busy, GNE are only cancelling part of the timetable where passengers are not using it, as its no point running the first one all the way down to Middlesbrough and back to Peterlee just for the sake of one person etc... plus GNE are going to make it all stops in Peterlee area which would be good.

(29 Oct 2013, 5:19 pm)cbma06 The X7 has good numbers on them, doing good, im on the X7 twice a day (early morning and at early evening)and its been busy, GNE are only cancelling part of the timetable where passengers are not using it, as its no point running the first one all the way down to Middlesbrough and back to Peterlee just for the sake of one person etc... plus GNE are going to make it all stops in Peterlee area which would be good.

I would agree with cbma06 that the X7 isn't failing exactly, it enjoys steady passenger numbers during the daytime. Stopping at all stops in Peterlee will allow the service to also act as a local link between the town centre and linking Essington way/Seaham/Sunderland/Wingate/Stockton/Middlesbrough with a direct link to East Durham College which will be popular with students there. It's a new service so I would expect tweaks like this. It's also good of GNE in the first place to put on these early and later journeys but if people don't use them no need having them.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 29 Oct 2013

3964 will be put into a special ''Children in Need - Hexham'' livery.