North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm)CatsFast101 However that's no longer really relevant is it? (As per discussion in main GNE thread) As I understand they are just separate services now aren't they? Also these numbers/letter A and C services aren't used any more in GNE, expect Silver Arrows. However I agree that renumbering is just a waste of time, maybe if there was changes to the services maybe but no point in renumbering for the sake of it.
Not used anymore hmm 20a 35a these exist

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - CatsFast101 - 21 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm)Acky81 Not used anymore hmm 20a 35a these exist

It was clear from the post I meant A/C lettering together. If you want to funny about you could argue 35A/35C however these don't represent the initial reason behind why use 2A/2C. As pointed out above it was supposed to be for anti clockwise and clockwise loop however silver arrows don't do a loop anymore and GNE have bother other services lettered like this expect the Laser Services which use the 'C' as way of identify the evening route to South Hetton. 36A/36C used to be part of this, however even these the 36 service don't use this lettering any more.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 21 Jan 2014

(21 Jan 2014, 8:42 am)CatsFast101 It was clear from the post I meant A/C lettering together. If you want to funny about you could argue 35A/35C however these don't represent the initial reason behind why use 2A/2C. As pointed out above it was supposed to be for anti clockwise and clockwise loop however silver arrows don't do a loop anymore and GNE have bother other services lettered like this expect the Laser Services which use the 'C' as way of identify the evening route to South Hetton. 36A/36C used to be part of this, however even these the 36 service don't use this lettering any more.

The ''Wallsend Links'' services at the time were 40C/41C, and I always thought this was because they served Cobalt Business Park, because the 40C went anti-clockwise, and the 41C clockwise.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 21 Jan 2014

(21 Jan 2014, 8:42 am)CatsFast101 It was clear from the post I meant A/C lettering together. If you want to funny about you could argue 35A/35C however these don't represent the initial reason behind why use 2A/2C. As pointed out above it was supposed to be for anti clockwise and clockwise loop however silver arrows don't do a loop anymore and GNE have bother other services lettered like this expect the Laser Services which use the 'C' as way of identify the evening route to South Hetton. 36A/36C used to be part of this, however even these the 36 service don't use this lettering any more.

Yes does do a Loop from Fatfield heading towards The Galleries - 2C for example - via Harraton and Lambton to The Galleries, Then turns into a 2A and goes via Biddick and Fallowfield Way back to Fatfield, So therefore they a Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loop of Washington, also as Mentioned Previously the 2A goes via Barnwell to Penshaw whereas the 2C goes via Shiney Row. As for the Lasers, that would be because the 35/35B finish at Low Moorsley, The 35A finishes at Rainton Bridge and the 35C finishes in South Hetton, Also the 35/35B and 35C go via Royal Hospital whereas the 35A goes straight through to Silksworth via Barnes Park, Not really hard to Understand why there Numbered A/B and C is it to be honest.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 21 Jan 2014

(21 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm)Adam Malarkey Yes does do a Loop from Fatfield heading towards The Galleries - 2C for example - via Harraton and Lambton to The Galleries, Then turns into a 2A and goes via Biddick and Fallowfield Way back to Fatfield, So therefore they a Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loop of Washington, also as Mentioned Previously the 2A goes via Barnwell to Penshaw whereas the 2C goes via Shiney Row. As for the Lasers, that would be because the 35/35B finish at Low Moorsley, The 35A finishes at Rainton Bridge and the 35C finishes in South Hetton, Also the 35/35B and 35C go via Royal Hospital whereas the 35A goes straight through to Silksworth via Barnes Park, Not really hard to Understand why there Numbered A/B and C is it to be honest.

Am I right in saying the Silver Arrows interwork, if it is a 2A going out, does it come back as a 2C and vice versa

Yes Adam interworking allows people to technically to do a clockwise and anticlockwise loop, but is through fares available? Unkess there is through fares you would need two Washington town singles. When it was launched the timetable was like a circular service (little bit like lets say 61).

2A Sunderland-Sunderland via Grindon, Barnwell, Fatfield, Biddick, Washington, Lambton, Harraton, Shiney Row, Grindon
2C Sunderland-Sunderland via Grindon, Shiney Row, Harraton, Lambton, Washington, Biddick, Fatfield, Barnwell, Grindon
But now you don't get a 2A through Shiney Row likewise or a 2C through Barnwell.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 21 Jan 2014

(21 Jan 2014, 5:58 pm)CatsFast101 Yes Adam interworking allows people to technically to do a clockwise and anticlockwise loop, but is through fares available? Unkess there is through fares you would need two Washington town singles. When it was launched the timetable was like a circular service (little bit like lets say 61).

2A Sunderland-Sunderland via Grindon, Barnwell, Fatfield, Biddick, Washington, Lambton, Harraton, Shiney Row, Grindon
2C Sunderland-Sunderland via Grindon, Shiney Row, Harraton, Lambton, Washington, Biddick, Fatfield, Barnwell, Grindon
But now you don't get a 2A through Shiney Row likewise or a 2C through Barnwell.

There is No Reason to change the 2A/2C Route to the above as the Route works like clockwork, it's a simple interworking 2C to 2A - 2A to 2C, either way your going have a 2A each way through Barnwell and a 2C through Shiney Row.

If I have been to Sunderland and opted to get on the 2A rather than 2C home due to it being cold or Whatever, I have stopped on at The Galleries and Continued my Journey to Lambton, Nothing the Driver can do if I got on with a Day Ticket, Otherwise I would think it's 2 Separate Journeys and No through Fares Available.

(21 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm)Adam Malarkey There is No Reason to change the 2A/2C Route to the above as the Route works like clockwork, it's a simple interworking 2C to 2A - 2A to 2C, either way your going have a 2A each way through Barnwell and a 2C through Shiney Row.

If I have been to Sunderland and opted to get on the 2A rather than 2C home due to it being cold or Whatever, I have stopped on at The Galleries and Continued my Journey to Lambton, Nothing the Driver can do if I got on with a Day Ticket, Otherwise I would think it's 2 Separate Journeys and No through Fares Available.

If you read through the post I've never suggested changing the route number I've just discussed as that the original plan of anti clockwise/clockwise doesn't really exist more as the 2A/2C are very much separate services now as far as I am aware.
And the route I posted above are the original 2A/2C route!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - pringlj - 22 Jan 2014

GNE service numbers are very confusing , and always changing . Even their timetables are a rambling farce !

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 12:26 am)pringlj GNE service numbers are very confusing , and always changing . Even their timetables are a rambling farce !

What is confusing about GNE service numbers

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - speedwheels22 - 22 Jan 2014

I hope this 29 is a good service shame about the 26 been changed so many times,so when will the deckers be in service for 309,310

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - northtynelinks2 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 12:53 am)speedwheels22 I hope this 29 is a good service shame about the 26 been changed so many times,so when will the deckers be in service for 309,310

Answer: we don't know, I don't know if its you but I seem to remember somebody asking that question a lot and was just been ignored, I hope this will stop people from asking and it satisfies you.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 4:00 pm)northtynelinks2 Answer: we don't know, I don't know if its you but I seem to remember somebody asking that question a lot and was just been ignored, I hope this will stop people from asking and it satisfies you.

Haha it was me, i just gave up Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - northtynelinks2 - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm)Michael Haha it was me, i just gave up Tongue

Lol, I didn't think it was fair that people were just ignoring comments. Still, why are they fussed about the rear dest? Its not like any passengers will see it.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm)northtynelinks2 Lol, I didn't think it was fair that people were just ignoring comments. Still, why are they fussed about the rear dest? Its not like any passengers will see it.
I stopped asking because no one knew, kinda thinking we might have to wait 2 weeks

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 23 Jan 2014

I wasn't been funny I have just misunderstood your post

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 23 Jan 2014

M3A - Heworth Interchange - Follingsby Park - Lingey Lane-St Georges Court - Concord Bus station Bus Station - Albany - Washington Bus Station - Biddick - Washington Arts Centre - Fatfield Fallowfield Way - Fatfield - Harraton - Rickleton - Washington Hospital - Barley Mow - Chester-le-Street South Burns

- Replacing Service 994

- 06:15 from Heworth Operates as Normal also Serving Follingsby Park - Extra Journey from Heworth to Chester le Street at 06:45 would also be added

- 2 Journey's from Chester le Street on a Morning would also be added at the Same Times as the Heworth Departures

- Also 2 Evening Journey's would be added also at Heworth and Chester le Street Departing at 17:15 and 17:45 at both sides of the Route

- 11:15 994 From Washington Galleries to Heworth would be Cancelled due Zero Passengers using it whatsoever

All short Journey's minus the 06:40 994 from Heworth to Follingsby would be Operated as Normal, again renumbered as M3A

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 23 Jan 2014

I like the idea of extending the links from Follingsby Park to Washington, but I'm not sure Go North East will be able to get rid of A-Line's service. Maybe it could be a possible 994 suggestion rather than a 'Washington Street Shuttle' suggestion?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 23 Jan 2014

(23 Jan 2014, 7:13 pm)BJ10VUS I like the idea of extending the links from Follingsby Park to Washington, but I'm not sure Go North East will be able to get rid of A-Line's service. Maybe it could be a possible 994 suggestion rather than a 'Washington Street Shuttle' suggestion?

The M3A is Nexus Operated using one of the SR's, Go North East could operate the 2 Morning/Evening Journey's from Heworth/Chester le Street that I suggested, then Aline could Operate the Short Workings during the Day between Heworth and Follingsby Park.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dr Martin - 25 Jan 2014

Here is an idea, stop constantly messing with services, end of.