North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 25 Jun 2014

56A - Sunderland Interchange - Queen Alexandra Bridge - Sunderland Enterprise Park - Castletown - Waterview Park - Barmston Village Centre - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord - Donwell - Springwell - QE.Hosptital - Gateshead - Newcastle

Every 30 Minutes - Replacing Service 73

M2 - Birtley - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Washington Retail Park - Biddick - Teal Farm - Waterview Park - Peel Retail - Sulgrave - Concord - Donwell - Usworth College - Heworth

22 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Eighton Banks - Portmeads - Picktree Village - Chester le Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton-le-Spring - Doxford International - East Herrington - Barnes Park - Sunderland

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 25 Jun 2014

Could be Go North East or Stagecoach, but I have a suggestion for South Tyneside. Journey times shown are minutes from Market Street West:

Newcastle, Market Street West - 00
Gateshead Interchange - 09
Heworth Interchange - 18

All stops on Felling By-pass will be served. Sunderland Road in Wardley will be served in both directions (using the bus gate followed by 'Black Bull' Slip Road returning to Newcastle). Will then operate via White Mere Pool and Leam Lane, before operating through the Brockley Whins Estate on the 88 route towards South Shields.

Brockley Whins, Edinburgh Road Shops - 30
South Tyneside District Hospital - 41
Chichester Metro - 46
South Shields Market - 52

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 26 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 56A - Sunderland Interchange - Queen Alexandra Bridge - Sunderland Enterprise Park - Castletown - Waterview Park - Barmston Village Centre - Washington Village - Washington Galleries - Albany - Concord - Donwell - Springwell - QE.Hosptital - Gateshead - Newcastle

Every 30 Minutes - Replacing Service 73

M2 - Birtley - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Washington Retail Park - Biddick - Teal Farm - Waterview Park - Peel Retail - Sulgrave - Concord - Donwell - Usworth College - Heworth

22 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Eighton Banks - Portmeads - Picktree Village - Chester le Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton-le-Spring - Doxford International - East Herrington - Barnes Park - Sunderland

Who the hell is going to sit on a bus from Newcastle to Sunderland via Chester n Lumley?? They would just use X36 or 56 or metro

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 12:01 am)Acky81 Who the hell is going to sit on a bus from Newcastle to Sunderland via Chester n Lumley?? They would just use X36 or 56 or metro

I was thinking that too

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 12:01 am)Acky81 Who the hell is going to sit on a bus from Newcastle to Sunderland via Chester n Lumley?? They would just use X36 or 56 or metro

Yeah, I can see what you mean... but who sits on the 43 from Newcastle to Durham? It's the links in between that are provided that matter.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - eezypeazy - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm)BJ10VUS Yeah, I can see what you mean... but who sits on the 43 from Newcastle to Durham?

The driver?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 2:57 pm)eezypeazy The driver?

Apart from the driver! Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm)BJ10VUS Yeah, I can see what you mean... but who sits on the 43 from Newcastle to Durham? It's the links in between that are provided that matter.

Very Well said BJ10VUS, That was the whole idea behind the 22 to provide non existing links i.e. Chester le Street to Doxford International without it following the 78 Route to much into Sunderland, hence the Variation in Route, you argue it is technically the old 777, And it also provides Local Links to both Sunderland and Newcastle such as Fencehouses and Picktree Village without the need to change Services in between.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

Few slight route changes I've came up with.

Amend the Lime 8 service to split between having an 8/8A service. The 8 would take the same route as present, and run hourly between Stanley and Sunderland - no changes.

The 8A would run hourly too, and take the ame route as the 8 at present, but with one amendment. From Washington Galleries, the 8A would do Parkway - Abbey Road - Village Lane - Glebe Crescent - Emmerson Terrace - Northumberland Way - Station Road - Pattinson Road - Waterview Park - A19 Roundabout. Providing links to both the new shopping area and (soon to be pub) at Teal Farm, as well as a link between the village and Sunderland.

I've done a quick sketch on Google Maps for those not familiar with the streets - https://goo.gl/maps/hQmPc

Second amendment would be with the 4. Instead of terminating at Fallowfield Way on an evening and Sunday, it should run right down Biddick Lane, turn left at the Welfare, and serve the club and bars down the riverside, then back up Wormhill Terrace. I reckon you'd certainly get the numbers to make it worth doing, and it would only add an extra 2 minutes on to what you've got now.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 29 Jun 2014

Sounds like an alright idea, on another note i think they should do something with the 17A the way it is now is kind of pointless

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 29 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 12:48 pm)aureolin Few slight route changes I've came up with.

Amend the Lime 8 service to split between having an 8/8A service. The 8 would take the same route as present, and run hourly between Stanley and Sunderland - no changes.

The 8A would run hourly too, and take the ame route as the 8 at present, but with one amendment. From Washington Galleries, the 8A would do Parkway - Abbey Road - Village Lane - Glebe Crescent - Emmerson Terrace - Northumberland Way - Station Road - Pattinson Road - Waterview Park - A19 Roundabout. Providing links to both the new shopping area and (soon to be pub) at Teal Farm, as well as a link between the village and Sunderland.

I've done a quick sketch on Google Maps for those not familiar with the streets - https://goo.gl/maps/hQmPc

Second amendment would be with the 4. Instead of terminating at Fallowfield Way on an evening and Sunday, it should run right down Biddick Lane, turn left at the Welfare, and serve the club and bars down the riverside, then back up Wormhill Terrace. I reckon you'd certainly get the numbers to make it worth doing, and it would only add an extra 2 minutes on to what you've got now.

Good idea, but I've made a change to the 8A as seen here, so it can serve Peel Retail Park.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 29 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 12:48 pm)aureolin Few slight route changes I've came up with.

That looks quite good - would be nice to have a route like that. One thing I must say that the 8 needs in both the direction of Sunderland AND Stanley is a new time schedule - as when they come off the motorway coming in from Sunderland at Chester they always hit the traffic, and then when coming back down from Stanley they hit it again, to make matters worse there's also driver changeovers up at Stanley! Miraculously though, when they come back around as a 78 they are only normally one or two minutes late, and if your lucky, on time! Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 29 Jun 2014

X9 - Newcastle – Gateshead – Heworth – Washington Galleries - Houghton le Spring - Peterlee – Billingham – Middlesbrough

X10 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Washington Galleries - Houghton le Spring - Norton - Stockton - Middlesbrough

- Frequency of Both Services Remains the same
- Reliability of Vehicles on the Service Improved
- Less Strain on the Vehicles due Excessive Motorway Work
- Delays to Service Reduced by not using the A19 as much
- New Links to Peterlee, Stockton and Middlesbrough from Washington Galleries
- Service X1 Reduced to Every 15 Minutes

Obviously there will be some time added to the Service, which would result in a PVR Increase, hence why the Frequency of the X1 is Reduced.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 29 Jun 2014

(29 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm)NEBCD Malarkey X9 - Newcastle – Gateshead – Heworth – Washington Galleries - Houghton le Spring - Peterlee – Billingham – Middlesbrough

X10 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Washington Galleries - Houghton le Spring - Norton - Stockton - Middlesbrough

Obviously there will be some time added to the Service, which would result in a PVR Increase, hence why the Frequency of the X1 is Reduced.

Is that similar to the old X5, only difference being it goes to Boro and not Hartlepool...

As for the time increase, would punters not be put off by it and start using the train, the X9 and X10 are both timetabled to be as quick as, if not a few minutes quicker than the train

(29 Jun 2014, 9:02 pm)marxistafozzski Is that similar to the old X5, only difference being it goes to Boro and not Hartlepool...

As for the time increase, would punters not be put off by it and start using the train, the X9 and X10 are both timetabled to be as quick as, if not a few minutes quicker than the train

Yeah but you'd think the Passengers would be put off by sitting on the A19 for up to an Hour due a incident on the A19 on almost a Daily Basis on the X9/X10 or the Bus simply Breaking Down, but the Majority will still more than likely use the Service as it is Cheaper than the Train I would imagine.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 29 Jun 2014

(29 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Yeah but you'd think the Passengers would be put off by sitting on the A19 for up to an Hour due a incident on the A19 on almost a Daily Basis on the X9/X10 or the Bus simply Breaking Down, but the Majority will still more than likely use the Service as it is Cheaper than the Train I would imagine.
At most passengers would wait half an hour for the following X9/X10 which would in turn be diverted to serve the locations served by the vehicle which had broken down (adds an extra 10-15 mins to journey).

This type of breakdown is infrequent.

The more common reason for a service not operating is because a vehicle has shown signs of needing to be replaced and the depot hasn't been able to get a bus out on time for the scheduled departure. Obviously tachometers come into play here.

For the record, I'd be seriously discouraged from using the TTX if its journey time was any longer than it already is.
Oh, and it would add extra journey time which would mean drivers probably couldn't finish their round trip.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 29 Jun 2014

(29 Jun 2014, 8:27 pm)NEBCD Malarkey X9 - Newcastle – Gateshead – Heworth – Washington Galleries - Houghton le Spring - Peterlee – Billingham – Middlesbrough

I think that would add around an extra 30 minutes to the timetable and that would take the journey time upto almost 2 hours each way which would also make it tight for driving hours too.

Also I'm not sure many people in Middlesbrough would want to go to the Washington Galleries.

(29 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Yeah but you'd think the Passengers would be put off by sitting on the A19 for up to an Hour due a incident on the A19 on almost a Daily Basis on the X9/X10 or the Bus simply Breaking Down, but the Majority will still more than likely use the Service as it is Cheaper than the Train I would imagine.

How much time do you think would be added, no matter which it goes, there is always a chance of getting stuck in traffic and you make it sound like the X9/X10 is getting stuck in traffic on every run, which is not the case. And at what time of day is it getting caught in traffic, most like the AM and PM rush hour, nothing can be done about that.

I reckon by going through Washington and Houghton there will be a considerable increase because of speed limits though built up areas whereas on the A19 It stays at a steady pace.

What is the timing at the moment on them...about 80 minutes, I bet you would looking way north of 90 mins with your suggestion...

And yes, the bus is cheaper than the train, but for the sake of say 10 minutes, it may drive people onto the train, also would the people of Houghton or Hetton be bothered about a direct link to Middlesbrough

Still, interesting suggestion anyway pal

(29 Jun 2014, 9:29 pm)Jimmi I think that would add around an extra 30 minutes to the timetable and that would take the journey time upto almost 2 hours each way which would also make it tight for driving hours too.

Also I'm not sure many people in Middlesbrough would want to go to the Washington Galleries.

From looking at the X9/X10 Timetable, it takes 29 Minutes from Heworth to Peterlee, With my idea - The X9/X10 would only Serve Washington and Houghton otherwise it's Limited Stopping as it is now, with that being said I think Heworth to Peterlee via Washington and Houghton could be done in around 40-45 Minutes.

Route would be as follows

Heworth - A184 Felling Bybass - Lingey Lane - Northumberland Way to Peel Retail Park - A1231 to Washington Galleries - X1 Route to Easington Lane - Continues from Easington Lane via X35 Route to Peterlee.
- Note doesn't stop at Easington Lane, this simply a via Point.

(29 Jun 2014, 9:50 pm)NEBCD Malarkey From looking at the X9/X10 Timetable, it takes 29 Minutes from Heworth to Peterlee, With my idea - The X9/X10 would only Serve Washington and Houghton otherwise it's Limited Stopping as it is now, with that being said I think Heworth to Peterlee via Washington and Houghton could be done in around 40-45 Minutes.

Route would be as follows

Heworth - A184 Felling Bybass - Lingey Lane - Northumberland Way to Peel Retail Park - A1231 to Washington Galleries - X1 Route to Easington Lane - Continues from Easington Lane via X35 Route to Peterlee.
- Note doesn't stop at Easington Lane, this simply a via Point.

I'm trying to make sense of your suggestion Adam, I really am

40-45 between Heworth-Peterlee via Washington is quite optimistic in my opinion, I would suggest it is closer to an hour, looking at current timings it is currently

21 minutes Heworth-Washington on the 4, shave a few minutes off that because your suggestion does not include Concord
16 minutes Washington-Houghton on X1, again shave a few minutes off
28 minutes Houghton-Peterlee on X35

I know you said limited stop, at best you would shave off a few minutes from each part of the journey

Let's say:-

Heworth-Washington: 18 Mins
Washington-Houghton: 15 Mins
Houghton-Peterlee: 25 Mins

All together the time would rise close to 2 hours

Newcastle-Peterlee would be close to 90 minutes and about 40 minutes...

I do like the way you think though, and I do like your enthusiasm and the thought you put into your suggestions and would love to know how you comeup with ideas...I will never forget your idea for a service to Gretna and Dumfries Tongue