North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm)Marcus That looks great - but having that revised 71 stop at the Metrocentre and carry on to towards Lumley would seem a bit like the old X22.

P.S. - Fencehouses is all one word Tongue

Go North East say otherwise

[attachment=5685]

Back on Topic, How else can you improve the 71

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Go North East say otherwise

I've already said mine on the GNE Changes thread.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Go North East say otherwise

I guess there are two ways to spell it - even Wikipedia says 'Fencehouses' - but we know how unreliable they are! Tongue

I would do something like this -

# 71

Houghton-Le-Spring - Newbottle - Bournmoor - Fencehouses - Woodstone - Lumley - Chester

# 71A

Houghton-Le-Spring - Newbottle - Bournmoor - Fencehouses - Woodstone - Lumley - Chester - Washington - Biddick - Washington - Chester

Just a rough draft, so once an hour a 71 would run, and then a 71A would run next in that repeating pattern. Possibly an interworking at Houghton, so a 71 comes in from Chester, then goes back as a 71A and so on.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm)Marcus I guess there are two ways to spell it - even Wikipedia says 'Fencehouses' - but we know how unreliable they are! Tongue

I would do something like this -

# 71

Houghton-Le-Spring - Newbottle - Bournmoor - Fencehouses - Woodstone - Lumley - Chester

# 71A

Houghton-Le-Spring - Newbottle - Bournmoor - Fencehouses - Woodstone - Lumley - Chester - Washington - Biddick - Washington - Chester

Just a rough draft, so once an hour a 71 would run, and then a 71A would run next in that repeating pattern. Possibly an interworking at Houghton, so a 71 comes in from Chester, then goes back as a 71A and so on.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:Home to the FPF, Fencehouses, or Fence Houses, is a small village within the parish of Houghton-le-Spring, on the edge of the City of Sunderland, England for the South with the North under the control ...

I don't think that would work, the 8 and 50 already cover Galleries-Washington, and I reckon this would just make the service less profitable.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm)Tom Go North East spell it as ''Fence Houses''?

There is only 1 way to settle this 'debate'...ask the FPF how they want it spelt Tongue

(04 Jul 2014, 6:13 pm)Tom From Wikipedia:

I don't think that would work, the 8 and 50 already cover Galleries-Washington, and I reckon this would just make the service less profitable.

Could possibly allow for the Washington Shuttles to either be shortened or altered in the Biddick section?

Perhaps it would be worth considering a 50A in the daytime, like 1 #50 an hour and 1 #50A an hour? So then both versions of the route to Washington would see use, and maybe as people in that section of the current 50 route will then not have as much flexibility, it could possibly boost passengers?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 6:13 pm)Tom From Wikipedia:

NEB users have had their paws on Wikipedia again!!

(04 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm)Dan NEB users have had their paws on Wikipedia again!!

Even some of the kids from my school have heard about the FPF and their antics!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 04 Jul 2014

Both Durham and Sunderland Councils have road signs using 'Fencehouses' and 'Fence Houses'.
The FPF aren't pedantic enough to complain about road signs, just bus services.

However the BBB (Bournmoor Busy Bodies) complained to DCC, as road signs at either end of the village had it as 'Burnmoor' and 'Bournmoor'.

(04 Jul 2014, 6:37 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Both Durham and Sunderland Councils have road signs using 'Fencehouses' and 'Fence Houses'.
The FPF aren't pedantic enough to complain about road signs, just bus services.

However the BBB (Bournmoor Busy Bodies) complained to DCC, as road signs at either end of the village had it as 'Burnmoor' and 'Bournmoor'.

I've noticed that - the bus times for scholars issued to new students at my school also say 'Burnmoor'.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - busman101 - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm)Marcus I've noticed that - the bus times for scholars issued to new students at my school also say 'Burnmoor'.

That's probably just Park View School being pants, as ever !

(04 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm)busman101 That's probably just Park View School being pants, as ever !

Oh yeah - I mean every single of the 1000+ students was sent a letter (via the post) informing parents about a strike. Not a single one reached their destination....

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - busman101 - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm)Marcus Oh yeah - I mean every single of the 1000+ students was sent a letter (via the post) informing parents about a strike. Not a single one reached their destination....

Count me in on that one - had no letter here about a strike !

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm)busman101 Count me in on that one - had no letter here about a strike !
The only teaching union out is the NUT. Not enough time for others to ballot their members and give the employer notice now. I know Washington and Biddick are shut round here, but not sure on others?

(04 Jul 2014, 10:05 pm)aureolin The only teaching union out is the NUT. Not enough time for others to ballot their members and give the employer notice now. I know Washington and Biddick are shut round here, but not sure on others?

As Park View North Lodge site is Year 7 and Year 8 only, I reckon it'll get the day off considering Church Chare houses our Sixth Form and other exam classes like GCSE revision.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 10:05 pm)aureolin The only teaching union out is the NUT. Not enough time for others to ballot their members and give the employer notice now. I know Washington and Biddick are shut round here, but not sure on others?

Thought Unison was on strike as well?

Strongly suggests it on here:
https://www.unison.org.uk/news/articles/one-week-to-go-to-10-july-strike

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 04 Jul 2014

(04 Jul 2014, 10:19 pm)Robert Thought Unison was on strike as well?

Strongly suggests it on here:
https://www.unison.org.uk/news/articles/one-week-to-go-to-10-july-strike
It's not a teaching specific union. They are taking their members out though, as are Unite (public sector), PCS, NIPSA and the FBU.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 05 Jul 2014

I know that hospitals provide a little shuttle in north tyneside but i always thought a major bus company should provide one GNE probably being the best,it would also provide good links to areas in between

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 05 Jul 2014

(05 Jul 2014, 11:39 am)V514DFT I know that hospitals provide a little shuttle in north tyneside but i always thought a major bus company should provide one GNE probably being the best,it would also provide good links to areas in between

Do Arriva provide some kind of service in Durham, Bishop and Darlington for the hospitals

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 05 Jul 2014

(05 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm)marxistafozzski Do Arriva provide some kind of service in Durham, Bishop and Darlington for the hospitals

I wouldnt know im not from that area unfortunately,so cant really provide you with an answer