North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 2:58 pm)Jackamcardle Probably otherwise Bazza would have told us by now, like he did with all of the Omnicities on Toon Link. Big Grin

Speaking of Toon Link, are any of the other ones out?

I seen 5234/37/40 and 5241 all on Toon Links, 5242 on the other hand was on Driver Training Duties around Gateshead although it was displaying "Winlaton 32" on the front, but there was a Learner Badge on the Dashboard.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - citaro5284 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm)3785 5401 Nis in stanley on the 78 route with 2 very shady looking characters sitting aboard!

Aye, I cannot deny, 1 of the shady characters was me.  

5401 is now 'live' with the Next Stop Announcements for both Coast and Country and Red Kite.  There is a couple of issues outstanding, but if anyone notices anything major, just PM me and we will try and have a look at it.  Going to give it a week or so for feedback (volume etc), then update the rest providing everything is ticky boo....

One thing to note, is that Naptan codes have been used, so a stop might be called something different than we all know it by.  Until today I had never heard of Peggys Wicket.....!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - MurdnunoC - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm)citaro5284 Aye, I cannot deny, 1 of the shady characters was me.  

5401 is now 'live' with the Next Stop Announcements for both Coast and Country and Red Kite.  There is a couple of issues outstanding, but if anyone notices anything major, just PM me and we will try and have a look at it.  Going to give it a week or so for feedback (volume etc), then update the rest providing everything is ticky boo....

One thing to note, is that Naptan codes have been used, so a stop might be called something different than we all know it by.  Until today I had never heard of Peggys Wicket.....!!

Do the Venture Solos have next stop announcements?

The reason I ask is because my mate, who regularly uses the V9 service between Hamsterley and Chopwell, was complaining about the announcements being at least one stop out of sync. I wouldn't have thought they'd have been present on vehicles which could potentially be allocated to a number of different routes.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - citaro5284 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm)MurdnunoC Do the Venture Solos have next stop announcements?

The reason I ask is because my mate, who regularly uses the V9 service between Hamsterley and Chopwell, was complaining about the announcements being at least one stop out of sync. I wouldn't have thought they'd have been present on vehicles which could potentially be allocated to a number of different routes.

I believe they do yes, but I was not involved in them then.  All the Venture routes should have NSA.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - G-CPTN - 03 Jun 2015

WRT next-stop announcements, there is a pub at Corbridge railway station (used to be the Station Hotel) called the Dyvels (a corruption of Devil's Water - a nearby feature).

Locals say Die - vlls, wheras the TEN announcement has it as the D'vells - I doubt that any local would recognise it.

I don't expect that it will ever be re-recorded, though.

When will we get fully digital announcements that can be edited letter by letter?

How do Satnav announcements work? I can't imagine someone sitting in a studio recording every one.

(03 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm)G-CPTN WRT next-stop announcements, there is a pub at Corbridge railway station (used to be the Station Hotel) called the Dyvells (a corruption of Devil's Water - a nearby feature).

Locals say Die - vlls, wheras the TEN announcement has it as the D'vells - I doubt that any local would recognise it.

I don't expect that it will ever be re-recorded, though.

When will we get fully digital announcements that can be edited letter by letter?

How do Satnav announcements work? I can't imagine someone sitting in a studio recording every one.

Guessing that will be down to the providers of the systems.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm)citaro5284 One thing to note, is that Naptan codes have been used, so a stop might be called something different than we all know it by.  Until today I had never heard of Peggys Wicket.....!!

Well I am looking forward to 12 o'clock tomorrow - I reckon that announcement will be getting the hammer...!

I wonder if Marcus approves of Lumley Caaaarstle... Tongue 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - 3785 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm)citaro5284 Aye, I cannot deny, 1 of the shady characters was me.  

had a funny feeling,a good days work though! 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - omnicity4659 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:14 pm)Dan Well I am looking forward to 12 o'clock tomorrow - I reckon that announcement will be getting the hammer...!

I wonder if Marcus approves of Lumley Caaaarstle... Tongue 

I thought it was a Geordie doing the announcements, not the queen...  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:20 pm)Tommy_1581 I thought it was a Geordie doing the announcements, not the queen...  Big Grin

Mr. Elmore is originally from Northamptonshire, but, according to the Metro Radio website, now lives in Gateshead and has been in the radio industry since 2005.

He by no means has a Geordie accent, but I think there's definitely a hint of a regional accent in there, which is why I think his announcements are some of the best out of Arriva and Go North East.

I think Brian Moore's voicing is a lot more 'playful', but I think if it was on a route as long as the 78 service, it would get slightly irritating (for anyone mad enough to do the full length of the route!) Of course, this is just my personal opinion, and I know citaro5284 disagrees. Tongue 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Jackamcardle - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm)Malarkey I seen 5234/37/40 and 5241 all on Toon Links, 5242 on the other hand was on Driver Training Duties around Gateshead although it was displaying "Winlaton 32" on the front, but there was a Learner Badge on the Dashboard.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to know as I will be travelling on the 11 on Saturday.  Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 03 Jun 2015

How about rummaging about in Back Lane End?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - omnicity4659 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm)Dan Mr. Elmore is originally from Northamptonshire, but, according to the Metro Radio website, now lives in Gateshead and has been in the radio industry since 2005.

He by no means has a Geordie accent, but I think there's definitely a hint of a regional accent in there, which is why I think his announcements are some of the best out of Arriva and Go North East.

I think Brian Moore's voicing is a lot more 'playful', but I think if it was on a route as long as the 78 service, it would get slightly irritating (for anyone mad enough to do the full length of the route!) Of course, this is just my personal opinion, and I know citaro5284 disagrees. Tongue 

I prefer GNE's to be honest - I was on the TEN and Karen was doing all the stops up to Eldon Square - I don't know what the announcements before Metrocentre are would the bloke do them ones as I'd get sick of Karen doing the announcements from Hexham to Newcastle, mind.

Well, Arriva doesn't have real people just some woman who goes "Gos-foorrth High Street", I can't stand her for a short hop never mind an hour.

Also that one on the Metro - "This is Ilford Roa-wd" and her high pitch "Change heere for all lowcal and reegional bus services"

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Jun 2015

Peggys Wicket...didn't realise it was a specific area of Beamish although i did know it was the pub next to Pepe's (which is now part of Pepes).

(03 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm)Dan Mr. Elmore is originally from Northamptonshire, but, according to the Metro Radio website, now lives in Gateshead and has been in the radio industry since 2005.

And I still do.  Listening to Stu all day from 0830 this morning until 1700 tonight.....much prefer Brian that is for sure!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 And I still do.  Listening to Stu all day from 0830 this morning until 1700 tonight.....much prefer Brian that is for sure!

I feel sorry for you  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm)Jackamcardle Ok thanks, I just wanted to know as I will be travelling on the 11 on Saturday.  Wink

I would think they should all be out come the end of the week, 4841 and 5148 are holding for dear life as both were on the 31/32 today.

(03 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 And I still do.  Listening to Stu all day from 0830 this morning until 1700 tonight.....much prefer Brian that is for sure!

You're never going to listen to Metro again, will you?!  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - MurdnunoC - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm)Robert Peggys Wicket...didn't realise it was a specific area of Beamish although i did know it was the pub next to Pepe's (which is now part of Pepes).

It's also a street. I've delivered to house there before.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Adrian - 03 Jun 2015

I'd have to say I prefer Stu Elmore, but Brian Moore isn't bad either. Is there no chance of getting the Red Arrows redone, seeing as Real Radio no longer exists, and thankfully, neither do Gary and Lisa...

I still reckon Alan Robson could be a winner mind, and he'd fit in with the Metro Radio partnership... Wink