North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 24 Jul 2014

cus i can and dont need to answer to you

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm)V514DFT cus i can and dont need to answer to you

Well it's the most idiotic thing I've heard.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 24 Jul 2014

and your the biggest prat on this forum

(24 Jul 2014, 9:57 pm)V514DFT and your the biggest prat on this forum

Thanks - I appreciate that! Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm)V514DFT cus i can and dont need to answer to you

No need to be Attitudinal in your Response to Tom at all whatsoever, he asked a simple straight forward question in a polite manner, with the opportunity to create a Discussion in regards to your Suggestion, Likewise with other Topics on the Forum.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:55 pm)Tom Well it's the most idiotic thing I've heard.

Well he did indicate his suggestions were 'bonkers'.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - tyresmoke - 24 Jul 2014

Mod Note: Ok some suggestions you may not agree with but please stop with the personal insults

(24 Jul 2014, 10:04 pm)tyresmoke Mod Note: Ok some suggestions you may not agree with but please stop with the personal insults

You know what then, I won't bother replying to him anymore as I only asked him a bloody question!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 24 Jul 2014

Back on Topic I have a Suggestion for the Coaster Services.

*New Service*
1B - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Hawkey's Lane - Billy Mill - Coast Road - Newcastle - Gateshead Interchange - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:30 pm)col87 Would this work as a service for the summer S1 Seaham-Peterlee-Horden-Crimden-Hart Station-Hartlepool Headland-Hartlepool Interchange-Seaton Carew S2 Sedgefield-Trimdons-Hartlepool Headland-Seaton Carew

I don't think summer services to seaside resorts are a good idea these days, especially in local areas which are already accessible by bus. Also passenger numbers would be dependent on weather, for example the Arriva X60/X61 passenger numbers were low when the weather was bad.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - col87 - 25 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 10:46 pm)Jimmi I don't think summer services to seaside resorts are a good idea these days, especially in local areas which are already accessible by bus. Also passenger numbers would be dependent on weather, for example the Arriva X60/X61 passenger numbers were low when the weather was bad.
Fair point about relieing on weather been nice but if done right it could bring in decent money I would look to local bussness to sponsor the services with busses only used on them two services

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 25 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 10:26 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Back on Topic I have a Suggestion for the Coaster Services.

*New Service*
1B - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Hawkey's Lane - Billy Mill - Coast Road - Newcastle - Gateshead Interchange - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton

Terminate the short Coasters in Whitley Bay Town Centre and have them interworking with the following. Through fares accepted:

- Service X38 operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime calling at Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill then limited stop to Newcastle Civic Centre, St Mary's and Haymarket only calling at Willington Sqaure. New day and weekly saver introduced allowing travel on the X38 between Marden (1) and Newcastle as well as all Cobalt Clipper services. The Cobalt Clipper savers would still remain but slightly cheaper due to not allowing use on the X38. This would also resinstate a faster link between Marden and Newcastle after the 44 was withdrawn.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 25 Jul 2014

And, it wouldn't take passengers away from the 309 and infact, it would help passenger numbers. Take this for example. Someone misses the X38 in the Town and unless they wait half an hour and they've got a GNE ticket, they have to get the 309 unless they want to pay out extra. Therefore, passengers would also know that the 309 doesn't take that long to and from Newcastle compared to the other frequent service despite the fact that it doesn't go down the "motorway".

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 6:09 am)DaveyBowyer Terminate the short Coasters in Whitley Bay Town Centre and have them interworking with the following. Through fares accepted:

- Service X38 operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime calling at Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill then limited stop to Newcastle Civic Centre, St Mary's and Haymarket only calling at Willington Sqaure. New day and weekly saver introduced allowing travel on the X38 between Marden (1) and Newcastle as well as all Cobalt Clipper services. The Cobalt Clipper savers would still remain but slightly cheaper due to not allowing use on the X38. This would also resinstate a faster link between Marden and Newcastle after the 44 was withdrawn.

The aim of my idea was to provide a Quicker Service between Wrekenton and Whitley Bay as it currently takes 112 Minutes (Almost 2 Hours) to go from A to B. Between Newcastle and Whitley Bay it takes 80 Minutes (1 Hour 20 Minutes) where as the Arriva 306 takes 62 Minutes.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 25 Jul 2014

Service 71:
Chester le Street: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 15
Seaham Brydon Pl: 34

Service 265:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 40
Dalton Park: 55
Durham City: 36

Service 265:
Durham City: 45
Dalton Park: 24
Seaham Brydon Pl: 39

Service 71:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 07
Chester-le-Street: 34

Services 204 and 208 would remain the same.

Service 202 would be operated by Deptford extending to Sunderland replacing the 238.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - benambro - 25 Jul 2014

Probably been mentioned but the X10 should go into Peterlee Bus station at peak times to ease pressure on the X9.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm)benambro Probably been mentioned but the X10 should go into Peterlee Bus station at peak times to ease pressure on the X9.

Diverting the X10 at peak times will only add more running time for X10, peak times in Peterlee area can be costly on the timetable, especially along Burnhope Way section just prefer Peterlee bus station and also congestion along Wessington Way and also trying to get out of Peterlee bus station itself and to get through the lights after peterlee bus station if cars, lorries, taxis etc... are not willing to stop.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 4:26 pm)Tom Service 71:
Chester le Street: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 15
Seaham Brydon Pl: 34

Service 265:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 40
Dalton Park: 55
Durham City: 36

Service 265:
Durham City: 45
Dalton Park: 24
Seaham Brydon Pl: 39

Service 71:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 07
Chester-le-Street: 34

Services 204 and 208 would remain the same.

Service 202 would be operated by Deptford extending to Sunderland replacing the 238.

what happens when their is a hold up in either Chester-Le-Street or durham, which will have a knock on effect onto the other service, especially if their is a promotion going on at Dalton Park and the roads nearby are jammed up.

GNE have no reason to alter the East Durham Branded services for the time being, only problem is reliability issues and need new buses.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Drifter60 - 25 Jul 2014

I would like to see GNE operate some special summer services during 6 weeks as with kids been off, scholars buses (such as all the Olympians at Stanley, Percy Main tridents etc.) aren't needed they could be used on special services.

Suggestions
401: Sunderland-Roker-Seaburn-Whitburn (idea been so then connections can be made at Sunderland Interchange to various locations) Maybe 30 Mins service daytimes,
402: Seaham-Easington-Horden-Hartlepool-Seaton Carew (this one would a more localised service, but operate maybe 3-4 journey a day rather than regular service)
403: Newcastle-Gateshead-Beamish (Express bus running maybe every 30 minutes, train/bus/metro connections, some would argue bus links in place but express would presided travel)
404: Durham-Rail Station-Adventure Valley-Diggerland (Express bus to these attractions, bus/train connections)

These could be trialed.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 25 Jul 2014

(25 Jul 2014, 11:11 pm)Drifter60 I would like to see GNE operate some special summer services during 6 weeks as with kids been off, scholars buses (such as all the Olympians at Stanley, Percy Main tridents etc.) aren't needed they could be used on special services.

Suggestions
401: Sunderland-Roker-Seaburn-Whitburn (idea been so then connections can be made at Sunderland Interchange to various locations) Maybe 30 Mins service daytimes,
402: Seaham-Easington-Horden-Hartlepool-Seaton Carew (this one would a more localised service, but operate maybe 3-4 journey a day rather than regular service)
403: Newcastle-Gateshead-Beamish (Express bus running maybe every 30 minutes, train/bus/metro connections, some would argue bus links in place but express would presided travel)
404: Durham-Rail Station-Adventure Valley-Diggerland (Express bus to these attractions, bus/train connections)

These could be trialed.

I reckon that would be popular with the little kids - to them the idea of getting a double decker bus there would be a bonus!