North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm)Dan ..and given that the X85 is usually the quieter of the two, it's incredibly impressive and begs the question what loadings have been like on the 685?

Crap - the 85 I saw had about three passengers!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Driver for the 15:20 - 27 - Gateshead to Shields hasn't turned up, Now on the 15:31 is now running 10 Mins Late as a Result

15:31 was around 15 Minutes Late coming into Heworth earlier and was overtaken by the 15:41 along Sunderland Road, The Driver of the 15:20 looked to of eventually showed up as he/she pulled into Heworth (N.I.S), Before heading off towards Shields a few minutes after the 15:31/41 from Gateshead.

It was total chaos, The Driver who finished at 15:20 was amused either as it affected his Meal Break, he tried on Several Occasions to get in touch with Control via the Microphone thing on the Bus and via his Mobile, But he heard nothing back in the 10 Minutes we waited before the 15:31 pulled in.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 05 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 4:31 pm)aureolin Looks like someone has acted upon my suggestion at GNE HQ Smile For the Great North Run, they're making available a special 3 day m-ticket for £10. It appears to have no restrictions, other than it must be used on the 5th - 7th September. Not bad!

https://www.simplygo.com/news/great-north-run-2014-extra-buses-and-money-saving-tickets#fares

Is that the same 3 day M-Ticket that was also available last year and for £10 ?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 4:33 pm)busman101 Is that the same 3 day M-Ticket that was also available last year and for £10 ?

Can't even recall it being advertised last year if I'm honest. Which is surprising, as the posters usually remain on the buses for 2 months after the event.

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 05 Aug 2014

Got a Yellow Bus on the X71 earlier towards Newcastle

Were these buses every refurbed at any point, and has anything been added to them since they first arrived.

Personally I think if they have of been refurbed, new seats etc, they would look alot better, and maybe smell better.

Shame really they are to be withdrawn, they seem to take hills and difficult roads with ease, dont know what the drivers think about them.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 5:11 pm)Arcticrossy92 Got a Yellow Bus on the X71 earlier towards Newcastle

Were these buses every refurbed at any point, and has anything been added to them since they first arrived.

Personally I think if they have of been refurbed, new seats etc, they would look alot better, and maybe smell better.

Shame really they are to be withdrawn, they seem to take hills and difficult roads with ease, dont know what the drivers think about them.

If you think Palatine 2s take hills well, you should try a Palatine 1 on a hill Wink

When 3825 was at Chester, many drivers told me it was one of the smoothest buses in the depot.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andy - 05 Aug 2014

Heard a Stanley driver saying that 3814 was one of the best buses he'd drove

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 05 Aug 2014

Collection of Photos of 9120 from Today including Euro V Citaro meeting Euro VI Predecessor, and 5348 meeting 9120 at The MetroCentre.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/sets/72157645792845768/

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 5:11 pm)Arcticrossy92 Got a Yellow Bus on the X71 earlier towards Newcastle

I'm pretty sure they've never been at least internally refurbished since the day they got the Palatine 2s. They're good solid buses, and I'm convinced that they'd last a good while yet, had it not been an enforced move. It's always a pleasure to see one of these turn up instead of the usual bus.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm)Andy Heard a Stanley driver saying that 3814 was one of the best buses he'd drove

What is he talking about! There is hardly any noise of the air been released when the doors open and is quite and smooth in general but when it sees a bank...bloody hell! It goes into snail mode. Around 5mph and sometimes even has to stop and restart to give it an extra boot.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 7:04 pm)Robert What is he talking about! There is hardly any noise of the air been released when the doors open and is quite and smooth in general but when it sees a bank...bloody hell! It goes into snail mode. Around 5mph and sometimes even has to stop and restart to give it an extra boot.

Lol!

(05 Aug 2014, 5:43 pm)Marcus If you think Palatine 2s take hills well, you should try a Palatine 1 on a hill Wink

When 3825 was at Chester, many drivers told me it was one of the smoothest buses in the depot.

In relation to this, if it has already been mentioned I apologise in a advance, but why are Stanley using so many Palatines on services at the moment

Do they have a number of buses VOR, even if this is so could they not of just asked for a few cheeky loans..

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Arcticrossy92 In relation to this, if it has already been mentioned I apologise in a advance, but why are Stanley using so many Palatines on services at the moment

Do they have a number of buses VOR, even if this is so could they not of just asked for a few cheeky loans..

Dont know but im loving seeing them around with them being on their last legs. I know a Diamond Citaro was at the front of Stanley depot able to be used in service today. Possibly why 3813 was allocated. Bit like Percy Main only slightly better... Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 8:57 pm)Robert Dont know but im loving seeing them around with them being on their last legs. I know a Diamond Citaro was at the front of Stanley depot able to be used in service today. Possibly why 3813 was allocated. Bit like Percy Main only slightly better... Tongue

Percy Main only allocate crap like Presidents!
6025/6030 were both on the 40/41 today, shame they weren't Olympians!

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 05 Aug 2014

(05 Aug 2014, 4:46 pm)aureolin Can't even recall it being advertised last year if I'm honest. Which is surprising, as the posters usually remain on the buses for 2 months after the event.

Can't remember if it made it onto the bus poster, but it was on the website, in the Great North Run booklet and was pushed on social media etc. There's some plans for them poster holders - turnover is getting better, but still not 100%

(05 Aug 2014, 8:57 pm)Robert Dont know but im loving seeing them around with them being on their last legs. I know a Diamond Citaro was at the front of Stanley depot able to be used in service today. Possibly why 3813 was allocated. Bit like Percy Main only slightly better... Tongue

I agree, they are cracking like. Although today I watched it go around Eldon Sqaure bus station 3 times because the X2 was late and pinched his allocated time, then the X21 pulled in front before he got back around again.

He give up eventually and parked at a different stand.

Only thing I dont like on them really is the seats, shame they were never changed.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 05 Aug 2014

Pretty certain the Olympians were destined to be ran into the ground and any resale value, was going to be limited - solely because of their proximity to the step free deckers being introduced just a year or two later.

I am not sure the uncertainty with regard to DDA ever helped their cause either.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 06 Aug 2014

Does anyone know if the X7 will get WIFI in the future?

Or which other services will get it? (expect for the routes which get new buses this year?)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 06 Aug 2014

(06 Aug 2014, 11:26 am)Michael Does anyone know if the X7 will get WIFI in the future?

Or which other services will get it? (expect for the routes which get new buses this year?)

That would be great if it did - I'd like to see the Fast Cats get upgraded to Tynedalexpress spec (high back seats, WiFi etc.) as passenger numbers are decent.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 06 Aug 2014

(06 Aug 2014, 11:26 am)Michael Does anyone know if the X7 will get WIFI in the future?

Thought they did have wifi already as in 2010 wifi was introduced on public transport in late 2010 when these vehicles were new to Percy Main Depot I usually get excellent wifi on 5328/5329/5330/5332 when am on 27 when they were new to Hexham depot 4 years ago they were really excellent with wifi