North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 6:15 pm)Dan That photo was taken at Waterview Park.

Yeah I know, but did 5320 come from around by Asda, or did it turn at the Roundabout, The Vehicle is so Straight that it looks as though didn't do the Latter.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Yeah I know, but did 5320 come from around by Asda, or did it turn at the Roundabout, The Vehicle is so Straight that it looks as though didn't do the Latter.
Thought you were talking about The Galleries!
Comes in the same way as the normal 8 does.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 01 Aug 2014

X41 - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - Cobalt - Whitley Bay

50A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Chester-le-Street - Washington Galleries - Boldon - Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - North Shields - Tynemouth - Whitley Bay

354 - Kingston Park - Newcastle Airport - Brunswick Village - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 9:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey X41 - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - Cobalt - Whitley Bay

50A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Chester-le-Street - Washington Galleries - Boldon - Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - North Shields - Tynemouth - Whitley Bay

354 - Kingston Park - Newcastle Airport - Brunswick Village - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre

To be fair - the 1 doesn't really get used between Wrekenton, so possibly extend the 1 to Great Park?
Then the X25 could reduce to hourly, and operate via the current 1 route to Wrekenton, then via its normal route. Then on Sundays have the 34 standalone, and the 28 interworking with a 24 from Newcastle to Kibblesworth via the 29 route?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 01 Aug 2014

If there is going to be a commercial rival to the 37, then logically it can't go the same route (not enough money on that route, otherwise operators wouldn't operate it under contract... Rolleyes )

Anyway...

Dox Park - A19 - Barnwell Shops - Station Road - Washington Highway - Galleries.

Logic being, that the 37 rarely stops anywhere in the Herringtons and despite being not far at all from Dox Park as the crow flies, it is a nightmare to get to from Penshaw.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 01 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 9:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey X41 - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - Cobalt - Whitley Bay

Just thought I'd point out, every time I've used the 50 to the Arnison Centre, at least about 10 people combined get on and off, and I think it's a good part of the route to Durham.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 02 Aug 2014

GNE took on service 37 commercially before, service 37/38 Sunderland-Doxford Park-Herrington Burn then service 37 to Shiney Row and Washington, and service 38 from Herrington Burn to Houghton. but in the end it was loosing too much money so service 37 fell back in the hands of nexus (Washington-Doxford park) and service 38 went back to its originally route.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 02 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 10:53 pm)Marcus Just thought I'd point out, every time I've used the 50 to the Arnison Centre, at least about 10 people combined get on and off, and I think it's a good part of the route to Durham.
I was trying to make as quick as Possible, might be being a bit optimistic but I reckon Durham to North Shields could be done in just under an hour if it was Limited Stopping as I have it above.

Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 02 Aug 2014

(02 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I was trying to make as quick as Possible, might be being a bit optimistic but I reckon Durham to North Shields could be done in just under an hour if it was Limited Stopping as I have it above.

So, only stops at the points you've listed?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 02 Aug 2014

(01 Aug 2014, 10:53 pm)Marcus Just thought I'd point out, every time I've used the 50 to the Arnison Centre, at least about 10 people combined get on and off, and I think it's a good part of the route to Durham.

Thats the 50 though. Is the 50A still busy between those points on the evenings and Sundays that it runs? If this suggestion was to happen then yes, Arriva will get everybody wishing to travel on that side of Framwelgate Moor but its not as if there will not be a single Go North East bus to Arnison Centre.

Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 02 Aug 2014

(02 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm)Robert Thats the 50 though. Is the 50A still busy between those points on the evenings and Sundays that it runs?

When I've used the 50A in the past, it seems to be the same and/or similar numbers. I think the fact that it's a reduced frequency on a Sunday can attribute to the amount of passenger numbers.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 02 Aug 2014

(02 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm)Marcus So, only stops at the points you've listed?
Yes to ensure a faster journey time

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 03 Aug 2014

I'd say just under an hour is really optimistic. It'd probably take half an hour in the car, and that's doing 70 up the A690/A19. It's going to take at least that to do Durham to Washington, only stopping at Fram and Chester... Then you've got traffic on the A1231/A19 or past Nissan to contend with...

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 03 Aug 2014

(03 Aug 2014, 12:09 am)aureolin I'd say just under an hour is really optimistic. It'd probably take half an hour in the car, and that's doing 70 up the A690/A19. It's going to take at least that to do Durham to Washington, only stopping at Fram and Chester... Then you've got traffic on the A1231/A19 or past Nissan to contend with...

The 50 in it's current form it takes 40 Minutes to go from Durham to Washington

Durham to Chester-le-Street via Framwellgate Moor - 14 Minutes
Chester le Street to Washington Galleries via (A1/A195/A182) - 10 Minutes
Washington Galleries to Boldon via (A231/A19) - 10 Minutes
Boldon to North Shields via Jarrow - 28 Minutes (Could be done in Less)
North Shields to Whitley Bay via Tynemouth - 29 Minutes

Total: 91 Minutes (1 Hour 31 Minutes)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - speedwheels22 - 03 Aug 2014

Think they should have a bus from south shields to whitley bay via E1 route horsley hill marsden nook boldon jarrow tyne tunnel and to whitley bay

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 03 Aug 2014

New x3 service from Sunderland park lane interchange to silverlink shopping park. Much better quality shopping experience.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 04 Aug 2014

Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 8:47 am)Tom Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?

There are a few journeys on the X25 that are packed, but like I say, a few Wink

Normally use it in the direction of Newcastle, so here's just a few runs that get decent loadings from my experience;

The 08:30 to Newcastle is always important because of the schoolkids that use it from Waldridge, and a lot of people going to work/college seem to use it at that time.

The 10:40 and 11:10 are always busy because of people heading back home after doing their shop, or whatever.

I'm sure there are more runs that are busy.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 8:47 am)Tom Was thinking, the X25 could be extended to Durham once a hour, along the 13 route to replace it. As passenger numbers on the 13 and X25 are crap, could the whole route be reduced to hourly?

The 13 goes the same way as the frequent 43 and 44 from Sacriston.
Would probably be more beneficial sending it via the 14 route (or a variation of it).

To replace the 13 between Witton Gilbert and Sacriston, maybe a 15 could be diverted.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 06 Aug 2014

I wonder if the AD122 could be taken on commercially next year?

It could connect with the X85 at Hexham, and be operated by two Solos to a similar timetable as present?