North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 6:59 pm)Washingtonian I get confused about some of the service numbering in Washington, particularly on evenings and Sundays. I don't understand why we have the M2A and M3A when these services run pretty much of the same route as the M2 and M3, with the exception they both serve Barmston Village Centre and Barmston Waskerley Road. I must say I think the Washington local services need to be sorted out big time. I would say only half the routes of services M2, M3, W5 and W6 are ever busy, while the other half is very quiet. I would also like to see parts of the GNE network sensibly renumbered.

I think the A is because NEXUS runs it, not sure though, sure someone knows?

However you will be glad to know that the M2A,M3,M3A,W5,W6 will be renumbered on 02-Nov-2014

M2/M2A/M3/M3A will become 82/82A/83/83A

W5/W6 will become 85/86

Going by VOSA - that's the numbers, nothing fully confirmed from GNE themselves

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael I think the A is because NEXUS runs it, not sure though, sure someone knows?

However you will be glad to know that the M2A,M3,M3A,W5,W6 will be renumbered on 02-Nov-2014

W5/W6 will become 85/86

M2A serves both stops at Barmston. Loops the usual M3 stop then goes back and through the buslink as the M2 would. M3A runs once a day, but after the Galleries does Bidding, Fatfield, Harraton, rickleton, Birtley, then Chester Le Street.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm)aureolin M2A serves both stops at Barmston. Loops the usual M3 stop then goes back and through the buslink as the M2 would. M3A runs once a day, but after the Galleries does Bidding, Fatfield, Harraton, rickleton, Birtley, then Chester Le Street.

M2A also follows the M3 Route from Concord to Heworth also, and I am sure it follows a slightly different Route into Birtley compared to the M2.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - RM2186 - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 9:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey M2A also follows the M3 Route from Concord to Heworth also, and I am sure it follows a slightly different Route into Birtley compared to the M2.

The M2A has to go left at the bottom of Fell Bank and then down Harras Bank to allow it to be facing the right direction to go back up through Portmeads etc

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm)aureolin M2A serves both stops at Barmston. Loops the usual M3 stop then goes back and through the buslink as the M2 would. M3A runs once a day, but after the Galleries does Bidding, Fatfield, Harraton, rickleton, Birtley, then Chester Le Street.

For as long as I remember, there has been a service that has done that run.
Years ago, it was an all day service like the 777. Then more recently, a morning only run on the x6 (I think?).

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Washingtonian - 11 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael I think the A is because NEXUS runs it, not sure though, sure someone knows?

W5/W6 will become 85/86

Cheers Michael. Glad to hear they are renumbering the services. I wonder if any changes to these routes will follow.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 11 Sep 2014

(11 Sep 2014, 12:30 pm)Washingtonian Cheers Michael. Glad to hear they are renumbering the services. I wonder if any changes to these routes will follow.

It was just to amend timetable =)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 11 Sep 2014

81 - Chester le Street - Birtley - Rickleton - Harraton - Fatfield - Fallowfield Way - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord - Usworth College - Heworth

85/86 - Concord - Sulgrave - Washington Road - Nissan - Waterview Park - Barmston - Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord

87 - Concord - Blackfell Knoulberry - Ayton - Rickleton - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Fatfield - Barnwell - Penshaw - Shiney Row - Success

(11 Sep 2014, 1:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 81 - Chester le Street - Birtley - Rickleton - Harraton - Fatfield - Fallowfield Way - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord - Usworth College - Heworth

85/86 - Concord - Sulgrave - Washington Road - Nissan - Waterview Park - Barmston - Barmston Court - Brady Square - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord

87 - Concord - Blackfell Knoulberry - Ayton - Rickleton - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Fatfield - Barnwell - Penshaw - Shiney Row - Success

I like your service 81 idea.

Any ideas on PVR, times etc?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 11 Sep 2014

(11 Sep 2014, 1:19 pm)Michael I like your service 81 idea.

Any ideas on PVR, times etc?

Not a clue on PVR, But they'd be Every 30 Minutes, I quite like my 87 Idea if Honest, despite needing a shave by the time you get off, but who'd do the entire route anyway though.

Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 11 Sep 2014

(11 Sep 2014, 1:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 81 - Chester le Street - Birtley - Rickleton - Harraton - Fatfield - Fallowfield Way - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord - Usworth College - Heworth

I reckon that 81 would be worth a try. Smile

When I see the 50 come in on the way to Durham, a lot of people seem to get off at Chester, having come from the Washington area. Vice Versa, a lot of locals use it to commute between Chester and The Galleries. I think having a little local that goes around all the villages and estates would be ideal.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 11 Sep 2014

Suggestions to take on Arriva's shruddy 43 / 45 services:

- 341 (Mon to Sat every 30 mins / Eve and Sun every 60 mins) serving: Blyth - Amersham Rd - South Beach - Sandringham Dr - High Pit - Cramlington Shops - Southfield Green - Dudley - Seaton Burn Dudley Lane - Wideopen - Gosforth Park - Great North Road - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Newcastle.

- 342 (Mon to Sat every 30 mins) serving: North Seaton Demesne - Ashington Bus Station - Stakeford Half Moon - Guide Post Shops - Bedlington Front Street - Nelson Ind Est - Nelson Village - Cramlington Shops the same route as 341 to Newcastle.

- 343 (Mon to Sat every 30 mins / Eve and Sun every 60 mins) operating same route as 341 / 342 between Cramlington and Newcastle.

- All three services would combine every 10 minutes between Cramlington Shops and Newcastle Monday to Saturday daytime providing 6 buses per hour.

- Services 341 / 343 would combine every 30 mins during Evenings and Sundays between Cramlington Shops and Newcastle providing 2 buses per hour.

(11 Sep 2014, 1:44 pm)Marcus I reckon that 81 would be worth a try. Smile

When I see the 50 come in on the way to Durham, a lot of people seem to get off at Chester, having come from the Washington area. Vice Versa, a lot of locals use it to commute between Chester and The Galleries. I think having a little local that goes around all the villages and estates would be ideal.

Maybe the 81 could try and run inbetween the 50?, so its every 15 mins between the gals and chester?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 13 Sep 2014

I was thinking any chance the 18 could be extended?

Not from the area, so don't know passenger numbers and how its used

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 13 Sep 2014

(13 Sep 2014, 10:44 am)Michael I was thinking any chance the 18 could be extended?

Not from the area, so don't know passenger numbers and how its used

Problem with extending the 18 is that at both ends of the route it operates in a circle to turn round. I think you could extend it beyond Coundon to either Ferryhill to compete with the Arriva 56 and Scarlet Band 113 or Spennymoor like the DCC supported service 7 operated by Weardale. If you wanted to extend beyond Woodhouse Close you could extend it to West Auckland or to Cockfield too although this heavily covered by the Arriva 6 and the limited Scarlet Band 85.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 16 Sep 2014

X4 - Easington Lane - High Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton le Hole - Houghton le Spring - Fence Houses - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 17 Sep 2014

(16 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey X4 - Easington Lane - High Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton le Hole - Houghton le Spring - Fence Houses - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle
That would take close to a half hour just to get to Houghton...

How about this...

Your X4 being E.Lane-High Pittington-West Rainton-East Rainton-Fencehouses-Shiney Row then onwards to The Toon

My X5...Low Moorsley-North Road-Houghton then onwards to the Toon

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 18 Sep 2014

(17 Sep 2014, 8:39 am)marxistafozzski That would take close to a half hour just to get to Houghton...

How about this...

Your X4 being E.Lane-High Pittington-West Rainton-East Rainton-Fencehouses-Shiney Row then onwards to The Toon

My X5...Low Moorsley-North Road-Houghton then onwards to the Toon
Or have them link up with the X1 for people travelling towards Newcastle maybe?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 18 Sep 2014

Following on from the Conversation about the changes to the 8 and Links to Sunderland Royal Hospital in the GNE Bus Changes Thread, I have came with this Route, You could argue in some parts it is the old 185.

2B - Sunderland Interchange - Royal Hospital - Queen Alexandra Bridge - Wessington Way - Castletown - Washington Road - Nissan - Sulgrave - Concord - Barmston - Washington Village - Glebe - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Harraton - Rickleton - Picktree VillageĀ 

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 18 Sep 2014

Might as well throw in a suggestion for service 71.

71: Stanley - Craghead - Edmondsley - Waldridge - Chester-le-Street - Great Lumley - Fencehouses - Houghton-le-Spring - Doxford Park - Herringtons - Shiney Row - Biddick Woods - Washington

or

Same suggestion to Doxford Park then onto Silksworth and Sunderland.